Remember, you MUST register to post on the Fiesta Fan forums. It's completely free to join. Just click HERE to become a member for free!

REGISTER NOW TO REMOVE ALL ADS ON THIS FORUM!

Closed Thread

Old 04-28-2008, 10:35 PM   #21
Yosei
Corgi Addict

In-Game Name: Cubyrop(WoW)
Current Level: 85
Server: Maelstrom
Yosei has much to be proud ofYosei has much to be proud ofYosei has much to be proud ofYosei has much to be proud ofYosei has much to be proud ofYosei has much to be proud ofYosei has much to be proud ofYosei has much to be proud ofYosei has much to be proud of
Send a message via AIM to Yosei Send a message via Yahoo to Yosei

Originally Posted by Loveless View Post
You see, it should NEVER be a necessity to have a cash shop item to play normally. >_<

On top of that, those high END equipment is ridiculously priced because of high demand. The good thing is if I find it I'll be able to gain something from it... but... everyone is going to be the 'same'. Mages with full INT with END gear is the only ones running around. I mean having some sort of END armor may become a necessity but just because you don't have +9 END gear, doesn't mean you're useless. You're stil dealing the same amount of damage.

Perhaps this is just an excuse to put the blame on Mages when the tanker can't tank and keep aggro. D< Fighters need another level of Mock.

<-- is semi-bashing my own tank o__.
Thats kind of my point. I shouldn't HAVE to build up my end and spend loads of sparkcash to be good. I'm not supposed to be the one taking the hits.

Not everyone on here is made of money. I had to use up like 20k+ in spark cash just to get my weapon to +9. I'm not going to do that to every little equip I get. I currently have 5g and 700s, I'm saving up for higher leveled armor. Last I saw, the cheapest I could pay in in-game cash for enhanced armor was 1g minimum for something my level, if I provide the stones. Theres also the costs of the stones which is ridiculously high for my level, then most likely, knowing my luck, I gotta buy the equip since everything I seem to find is crap.

I grind in Trumpy Remains for my leveling. I have used t3 scrolls in that place, with extenders, cleric buffs, and I still get owned. I'm sorry, but if I have to do more to live, I'm just going to accept it and die. It doesn't make me a bad mage. Heck... it shows I'm doing my job. I've had tanks request that I not use scrolls since I'm going to die anyways, and they don't want me to waste my money.

I just think its stupid that to be considered "good" in this game, I'd have to spend about $50+, about 10g+ and change my build to one similar to a fighters.

I've been playing this game for 8 months, my build has been rock solid since day one and people have not had a problem with it til now.

Last edited by Yosei; 04-28-2008 at 10:37 PM..
Old 04-28-2008, 11:06 PM   #22
Triumph
Wiki Head Admin

Deal or No Deal Champion!Tournaments Won: 1

In-Game Name: FFXIV
Current Level: 80
Server: Coeurl
Triumph has much to be proud ofTriumph has much to be proud ofTriumph has much to be proud ofTriumph has much to be proud ofTriumph has much to be proud ofTriumph has much to be proud ofTriumph has much to be proud ofTriumph has much to be proud ofTriumph has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by Loveless View Post
I don't think it's really about the CD but to strengthen its effect. It's pretty obvious Mages' attacks are a LOT stronger than what Mock can pull off.

Just last night I met a 51 Mage who had def that was really close to what I had. He told me he can tank if I can't keep aggro... then why don't you just keep on duoing with your partner? I am a (almost) full END build with END gear and +8 shield. o__o C'mon now... it's becoming a tad bit ridiculous. All the Mages are looking for END gear... they wouldn't even buy high INT wand/staves now.
INT is useless. Enough said.

A 30 INT weapon only yields 3-5 bonus damage. The reason END has so much emphasis is because it raises the mage's HP and Defense, which are the two lacking aspects to a mage. Each END point corresponds to 1 defense point; a +39 END level 70 chest armor, for instance, provides 82 defense + 39 + 105, which is 226 defense all by itself; nearly equal to the mage's base defense at that level.
Old 04-28-2008, 11:19 PM   #23
Yosei
Corgi Addict

In-Game Name: Cubyrop(WoW)
Current Level: 85
Server: Maelstrom
Yosei has much to be proud ofYosei has much to be proud ofYosei has much to be proud ofYosei has much to be proud ofYosei has much to be proud ofYosei has much to be proud ofYosei has much to be proud ofYosei has much to be proud ofYosei has much to be proud of
Send a message via AIM to Yosei Send a message via Yahoo to Yosei
Originally Posted by Triumph View Post

A 30 INT weapon only yields 3-5 bonus damage. The reason END has so much emphasis is because it raises the mage's HP and Defense, which are the two lacking aspects to a mage. Each END point corresponds to 1 defense point; a +39 END level 70 chest armor, for instance, provides 82 defense + 39 + 105, which is 226 defense all by itself; nearly equal to the mage's base defense at that level.
That will be unnecessary when/if they improve mock.
Old 04-28-2008, 11:35 PM   #24
Kyrillos
Speedy Boogy

In-Game Name: Kyrillos
Current Level: 71
Server: Teva
Kyrillos is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to Kyrillos Send a message via MSN to Kyrillos

No.No.No.No. >.>

Each END point is .5 DEF last I checked, especially if you empower on the skill points screen. (I'll SS when I'm done with homework and post to prove, "Pics or it never happened D:")
Which leads me into an offtopic rant on Dex vs End >.>
Essentially, a +30 END plate would only yield +15 DEF in freestat >.> (Again, "Pics or it really never happened")
SPR is more useful for a mage anyways, IMO. As Yosei says, it's worked thus far. Why change now? Cast more spells, comparative to take more hits, which will be better in the long run? All your doing is switching one stone for another, really. An HP stone for an SP stone. Apples are to Oranges.

Really, I think the only thing a mage needs is a (+) weapon. It adds to what they are supposed to do, damage. IT makes a significant difference, but it's still not a necessary, I went 50~58 without one just fine. >.>

And yes, END is more useful in Mage simply for giving HP. In terms of lacking something, Mage lack HP stones and HP the most, but the ample amount of killing power should make up for that, or the massive AoE/Damage per second skills once the mage increases to 60+ (Frost Nova/Fear/Inferno) It's possible to take a few hits, cast the AoE, and then stone, and spam spells, while every few seconds another 200-300 damage is dealed out increased on the spells you've casted (About every 2 Magic Missiles for me). For me, that tantamounts to about 1k damage in 3-4 seconds (500-600 for MM, 200-400 for FN). I duoed with a 59 Mage, and I'm 61, and we killed Giant Pixies, while they could only hit us once. We both only have +9 weapons, and she had a few cash shop items (maybe a crit dress, but I still have my tail >.> and a base 11% or so crit without it xD) It's all about the killing power, not the getting hit power.

And, +30 INT yields +36 Magic Damage out of character stat empowerment. 1 point for each +, and +1 for every 5 >.>

God D: I'ma write a stats guide D:
Old 04-28-2008, 11:44 PM   #25
+Tequila+
Blue Clover Trumpy

In-Game Name: Braver
Current Level: 126
Server: Wildlands(PvP)
+Tequila+ will become famous soon enough+Tequila+ will become famous soon enough
Send a message via AIM to +Tequila+ Send a message via MSN to +Tequila+

This is funny...go say that to any capped mage or B.K or KFiesta and they will laugh in your face. Oh and dont give me that this NOT B.K or KFiesta bullshit. We maybe missing somethings and have had some changes made but it is essentially the same. Its funny how people make judgements when the cup is half-empty when Outspark finally gets this game to where it should be END mages will S.O.L. A mage is a DD not a tank you can give it as much end as you want you'll jus gimp yourself in the one thing that mages are supposed to do well and no thats not tanking its dealing damage. When Outspark actually raises the cap to a decent level and you guys get to see the higher level areas please come back and tell that story.

This whole situation has one solution and its not for every mage to run and get +9 End gear. If the Devs would take another look at mock and adjust the cooldown and the amount of agro it actually draws this would all be fine. But hey Outspark has been class-balancing for months right? And actually never really done one thing in terms of that.

Jade Dynasty:Braver:13X:Balo
-Heaven Alliance Captain:Stardust Marshall-
Old 04-28-2008, 11:54 PM   #26
Triumph
Wiki Head Admin

Triumph has much to be proud ofTriumph has much to be proud ofTriumph has much to be proud ofTriumph has much to be proud ofTriumph has much to be proud ofTriumph has much to be proud ofTriumph has much to be proud ofTriumph has much to be proud ofTriumph has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by Kyrillos View Post
No.No.No.No. >.>

Each END point is .5 DEF last I checked, especially if you empower on the skill points screen. (I'll SS when I'm done with homework and post to prove, "Pics or it never happened D:")
Which leads me into an offtopic rant on Dex vs End >.>
Essentially, a +30 END plate would only yield +15 DEF in freestat >.> (Again, "Pics or it really never happened")
SPR is more useful for a mage anyways, IMO. As Yosei says, it's worked thus far. Why change now? Cast more spells, comparative to take more hits, which will be better in the long run? All your doing is switching one stone for another, really. An HP stone for an SP stone. Apples are to Oranges.

Really, I think the only thing a mage needs is a (+) weapon. It adds to what they are supposed to do, damage. IT makes a significant difference, but it's still not a necessary, I went 50~58 without one just fine. >.>

And yes, END is more useful in Mage simply for giving HP. In terms of lacking something, Mage lack HP stones and HP the most, but the ample amount of killing power should make up for that, or the massive AoE/Damage per second skills once the mage increases to 60+ (Frost Nova/Fear/Inferno) It's possible to take a few hits, cast the AoE, and then stone, and spam spells, while every few seconds another 200-300 damage is dealed out increased on the spells you've casted (About every 2 Magic Missiles for me). For me, that tantamounts to about 1k damage in 3-4 seconds (500-600 for MM, 200-400 for FN). I duoed with a 59 Mage, and I'm 61, and we killed Giant Pixies, while they could only hit us once. We both only have +9 weapons, and she had a few cash shop items (maybe a crit dress, but I still have my tail >.> and a base 11% or so crit without it xD) It's all about the killing power, not the getting hit power.

And, +30 INT yields +36 Magic Damage out of character stat empowerment. 1 point for each +, and +1 for every 5 >.>

God D: I'ma write a stats guide D:
The shirt:

Note: NPC shirt is 4 defense less, at 78.

Stats with NPC shirt:

Stats with +24 END shirt:

587 - 28 - 4 = 559.

Therefore, each END point equals one defense point.

Furthermore, whereas the window damage may display a bonus of 36 damage, in actuality it has been proven numerous times by various unconnected individuals disproving the theory that INT makes a difference. Ultimately, the damage bonus is so insignificant for mages that INT is not of necessity in order to inflict damage.

Originally Posted by +Tequila+ View Post
This is funny...go say that to any capped mage or B.K or KFiesta and they will laugh in your face. Oh and dont give me that this NOT B.K or KFiesta bullshit. We maybe missing somethings and have had some changes made but it is essentially the same. Its funny how people make judgements when the cup is half-empty when Outspark finally gets this game to where it should be END mages will S.O.L. A mage is a DD not a tank you can give it as much end as you want you'll jus gimp yourself in the one thing that mages are supposed to do well and no thats not tanking its dealing damage. When Outspark actually raises the cap to a decent level and you guys get to see the higher level areas please come back and tell that story.

This whole situation has one solution and its not for every mage to run and get +9 End gear. If the Devs would take another look at mock and adjust the cooldown and the amount of agro it actually draws this would all be fine. But hey Outspark has been class-balancing for months right? And actually never really done one thing in terms of that.
Then explain why when two mages of equal level, with one with 100+ INT stats in armor and equipment yet only does 30 or so more damage. I may be wrong with my statistic on the bonus damage, but 30 damage itself is insignificant truly insignificant if you sacrifice defense and health for it. I'll agree that Outspark has not adjusted correctly; consequently, as of now, INT is of little importance, not lacking.

EDIT: I myself am a full INT mage. My point of reference is on armors and weapons, not stat empowerments. There seems to be a spot of confusion on that.

Last edited by Triumph; 04-29-2008 at 12:13 AM.. Reason: Added additional note.
Old 04-28-2008, 11:59 PM   #27
Hessah
Hardcore Procrastinator

Burger Time Champion! Cannon Ball Follies 2 Champion!
Tournaments Won: 51

In-Game Name: Hessah / Ble~ehs
Current Level: 91 / 85 / 79 / 65 / 28
Server: Teeeeeee-vah
Hessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond repute
This is a cool topic.

Not just mage, but archers are also pulling all the aggros off fighters too.

Totally agree with open post. If mage need to +9 all their gear and get all END gear, so they can TANK then, what's the point of having a fighter?

I think the problem here is fighters lost their tanking power, making their class useless. Regarding Mages should hold back their fire to stop pulling aggro, lets have at look at skill cooldowns:

Fighters:
- Mock is like 25 sec
- Devestate 20 sec
- lv 60 fighter AOE skill has a cool down of 3 mins!!

Mage:
- Magic Burst - 5 sec cool down
- Frost Nova - I dont know

Archer:
- AOE Poision - 7 sec?

Mages could do at least 5 AOE for the time that a fighter could do only 1-2 Mock/Devestate which is like.. weak... if mage/archers have to hold back their fire so they dont pull aggro then... heck.. u'll have a very SLOW AOE party...

So yeah, i think this is part of the skill balance issue as well, fighters became pretty useless from lvl 60+ coz they could only hold aggro for about 2 sec.. then all the mage, archer and even clerics are pulling all the mobs off them.. they cant do anything for another 20 sec...

Every class in Fiesta has their own job, is pretty well defined, Fighters are given the built to tank they should have more skills to help them keep aggro, while mage/archers does all the dmg...

Mage/Archers are damage dealers, they should only need to +9 their weapons (if anything needs to be enhanced at all), clerics / fighters can enhance their armour/shield... to amplify the ability for each class to do their own job..

So who are those people that are complaining that Mage should have END gear and tank too? Is it the cleric? Is it the Archer? Is it the Fighters? (Probably the cleric LOL!) But seriously, If mage could tank and do the dmg, then we dont need Archers and Fighters.

G____G

G____GTevaG____G
Heart___G_Hessah_G___Heart
79 - Paladin | 85 - Enchanter | 91 - Scoutxx
Ninja text! For those who's easily amused
I can show you the woooorld!
I don't want to see it!
okay...

Old 04-29-2008, 12:06 AM   #28
Triumph
Wiki Head Admin

Frost Nova's default cooldown is 15 seconds.

However, as general consensus goes: archers are unwanted. If you offer a grind party in TR a choice between an archer and a mage, a majority of the time that party will take the mage, if you discount all external factors except experience per hour efficiency.

Have you noticed how more and more duos are cropping up? Except for TR, duos are becoming a lot more common nowadays. The need for tanks and fighters has gone down in the upper level community. An example is the TR requests. Tanks find it tough to get a party, as do archers if there are mages around. I haven't seen any problems with clerics; there seems to be a shortage of 7x clerics at times. Mages can get parties rather quickly.
Old 04-29-2008, 12:50 AM   #29
Kyrillos
Speedy Boogy

In-Game Name: Kyrillos
Current Level: 71
Server: Teva
Kyrillos is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to Kyrillos Send a message via MSN to Kyrillos
The shirt:

Note: NPC shirt is 4 defense less, at 78.

Stats with NPC shirt:

Stats with +24 END shirt:

587 - 28 - 4 = 559.

Therefore, each END point equals one defense point.

Furthermore, whereas the window damage may display a bonus of 36 damage, in actuality it has been proven numerous times by various unconnected individuals disproving the theory that INT makes a difference. Ultimately, the damage bonus is so insignificant for mages that INT is not of necessity in order to inflict damage.

Then explain why when two mages of equal level, with one with 100+ INT stats in armor and equipment yet only does 30 or so more damage. I may be wrong with my statistic on the bonus damage, but 30 damage itself is insignificant truly insignificant if you sacrifice defense and health for it. I'll agree that Outspark has not adjusted correctly; consequently, as of now, INT is of little importance, not lacking.

EDIT: I myself am a full INT mage. My point of reference is on armors and weapons, not stat empowerments. There seems to be a spot of confusion on that.

There's a difference, statwise, between Armor Stats and Empowerment Points, I've just checked, and did the math. Def on Armor=1point END+ on stat/empowerment I believe is .5 Still checking though.
Old 04-29-2008, 12:59 AM   #30
Loveless
Super Moderator

In-Game Name: Espei
Loveless has disabled reputation
Holding back on damage is stupid and pointless. If you are a Mage (or Archer) and is pulling aggro then that means you probably should reduce the amount your party is taking on all together. That way the Mock/Deva will be sure to keep that run under control. If you can go about each run without having to run around from mobs or reviving... I'm sure that overall you'll gain much more down the road.

I'll add on that in BK they have actually increased the effectiveness of Mock and Snearing Kick (haven't decreased cooldown though). So they obviously saw a fault in its effectiveness to keep aggro... another reason is probably that every player has +9 weapons.

I hate. I absolutely hate it when I lose aggro and see my DD's health plummet. I will be smashing Mock/Deva (I'm afraid I'll break it soon). I will never let a DD tank... that's not how the game is. I would rather take the hits and die away from the party than to let the others die. D< And like I said, no matter how much END/Def they have my base stat END is still a lot more than what a DD will gain.

Last edited by Loveless; 04-29-2008 at 01:01 AM..
Closed Thread