Remember, you MUST register to post on the Fiesta Fan forums. It's completely free to join. Just click HERE to become a member for free!

REGISTER NOW TO REMOVE ALL ADS ON THIS FORUM!

Closed Thread

Old 02-12-2008, 02:41 PM   #21
Spirit
complete once again

Tournaments Won: 11

In-Game Name: Spirit_of_Water, Spirit_of_Earth, Spirit_of_Fire, Spirit_of_Wind, Spirit_of_Sky
Current Level: Level 101 Guardian, Level 70 Fighter, Level 90 Mage, Level 89 Archer, Level 72 Trickster
Server: Teva
Spirit has disabled reputation

Here is my two cents.
I think it all depends on who is playing, what they are looking for, and what they expect. No, it may not be the best game ever for some. But, for others who are looking for an escape from their everyday woes, it is pretty fun.
If you are a hardcore gamer or even played a lot of MMOs, then maybe the game disappoints you. But, for others, it is about the community, the friends, the bonds that you build, not just the graphics, the skills, the bugs.
So, maybe the question should not be what is it that makes it the best game ever, but more of what do you get out of it. T
he game is fine for me, even with all the bugs and everything else. But, I am also not a hradcore gamer, I only have spare time to be involved in one game and I have chosen Fiesta. I dont let the bad thnigs in the game bother me, therefore they dont. I do not dwell on the bugs, the glitches, the grinding. Since, I don't, it is not on my mind constantly and I dont even notice, and it doesn't bother me. I put money in my cash account and happily play. I will continue to do this until I move on. It is my choice to stay and play, so why complain. If I get to the point that all the problems bother me that bad, I will simply quit playing, end of story.

Kk, I'm done now.

Spirit_of_Water- -Spirit_of_Earth- -Spirit_of_Fire- -Spirit_of_Wind- -Spirit_of_Sky
x101xxxxxxxxxxx70xxxxxxxxxx90xxxxxxxxxx89xxxxxxxxxxx72
Old 02-16-2008, 07:30 AM   #22
WizardsRequiem
Mara Pirates

WizardsRequiem is infamous around these partsWizardsRequiem is infamous around these partsWizardsRequiem is infamous around these partsWizardsRequiem is infamous around these partsWizardsRequiem is infamous around these parts
I don't think i've ever heard anyone call this the "best game ever" but i've definitely heard a lot of people praising it when it doesn't deserve it. Some say its better than MapleStory, some say its better than FlyFF. I don't agree with either and here is why.

1. Classes: Four classes? Well, that ain't no big deal except they are horribly unbalanced. Clerics can do everything except deal large amounts of damage so basically you could toss away Fighters and just keep either Mages or Archers. Fighters... uh... I can't really say anything about them. I don't play them and I really don't care about them. The only time I do is when i'm with a group and even then I don't care so long as he/she is doing his/her job.

Archers? They're unbalanced due to the fact that they deal just as much damage if not more damage than Mages. What the hell is the point of having these two classes if they're damn near identical? A few different skills/spells makes no difference. Archers should not be able to cause even half as much damage as Mages. Mages are the "nukers" in MMORPGs, not Archers. And is it just me? Or did they make Mages weaker?

Either that or the enemies have gotten stronger. I came back only to find out that I could barely fight anything by myself without dying or coming very close even as I constantly used potions and stones. I doubt they've fixed the cool down times either. If they ever do get around to that they also need to amp up the damage for Mages. I'm sick of shooting spell after spell just to kill an enemy five minutes later.

I have played MANY MMORPGs (i'm sort of obligated to as a hardcore gamer) and in each of them I play the magic class. I have yet to see a Mage as weak as the one in Fiesta in any other game i've ever played. Seriously, what is up with that?

2. Cash Shop: I told people that it would end up like this. They would be more focused on the Cash Shop than anything else and so far, i've been right. I understand they're trying to make money but making money is far less important than making your players happy. If your players aren't happy then your game is doomed to fail and no matter how low your prices go it won't bring them back. They need to focus more on fixing bugs and less on adding crappy items to the Cash Shop. Oh and the items need to be permanent, none of this dumb timed stuff.

3. Bugs: There are a TON of bugs in this game. Probably a lot i've yet to even discover. I'm tired of quests being bugged. I honestly doubt they would take that long to fix them either. They need to just stop being lazy and get off their asses and fix it, now. The more bugs the game has the less players it will have and again, players are everything to an MMORPG. Hell, this game is only in Open Beta and its doing ten times worse than any game out there.

4. "Epic" Monsters: You know those special little monsters such as King Marlone or the Zombie King? Well, we all know that they get farmed because of their "rare" items. However, this denies any casual player (and even players like myself) from getting these items without paying ridiculous prices. Either ban all foreign players or start making these damned mobs spawn faster! And put a limit on the amount that you can kill or something.

I want to fight them and get the items they hold so that I don't fall behind everyone else who can either farm this stuff or afford it. Heck, I don't even really care about the weapons. The rings are all that is important to me. I'd rather have an upgraded Staff than any "monster weapon" but fighting those monsters is something i'd like to experience.

5. Kill stealing/Bots: Kill stealing just sucks and something needs to be done about it. Some people are just too damned rude and there is nothing we can do to stop them. There are numerous games out there with a system to prevent kill stealers, Final Fantasy XI has one so why doesn't Fiesta? As for the bots... well... this game has the most bots i've ever seen (or at least noticed). Constantly farming stuff, spamming this damned sites, and overall just being a general annoyance. Come on, it isn't THAT difficult to get rid of them.

Summary: This game has a lot of issues and Outspark isn't even making an effort to fix them. This game is still in Open Beta yet its already doing horrible. How people can still play it is beyond me but I do know that if no one says something this game will continue down this very road and eventually end up with no players at all. Fiesta is fun to play but lately its becoming more of a chore to play it than just a fun little game to sit down and relax to. I want to play this game for a long time but how is anyone supposed to when these problems affect the game in such a negative way?
Old 02-16-2008, 03:58 PM   #23
Ulrike
Senior Torturer

In-Game Name: Ulrike
Current Level: 6x
Server: Bijou
Ulrike will become famous soon enoughUlrike will become famous soon enough
Send a message via AIM to Ulrike
I agree with all of the grievances against Fiesta. Luckily, at least to me, the amount of bots seemed to have gone down a bit. And at least it's not Maple Story, where every map seemed to have a leveling bot vacuum hacking all the monsters ;_;

:: reflection ::

set by loveless
Old 02-16-2008, 04:00 PM   #24
Yosei
Corgi Addict

In-Game Name: Cubyrop(WoW)
Current Level: 85
Server: Maelstrom
Yosei has much to be proud ofYosei has much to be proud ofYosei has much to be proud ofYosei has much to be proud ofYosei has much to be proud ofYosei has much to be proud ofYosei has much to be proud ofYosei has much to be proud ofYosei has much to be proud of
Send a message via AIM to Yosei Send a message via Yahoo to Yosei
Like Spirit said, this game is obviously not designed for hardcore gamers. And I myself am not a hardcore gamer. I love this game, despite its flaws. Nothing is perfect, and it is only BETA. Outspark doesn't have complete control over the game, they didn't make it. I've asked SKiNG about this stuff and how it works behind the scenes, he couldn't give me a detailed answer for obvious reasons, but I did get the jist of it.

If you're such a hardcore gamer, and you're so annoyed by this game, I don't get why you came back o.O
Old 02-16-2008, 05:27 PM   #25
Lady-Loki
sane, so says the voices

Tower Defense 2007 Champion!Tournaments Won: 4

In-Game Name: Lady_Loki | Lady_Raine | Lady_Leilani | Lady_Danae | Lady_Julietta
Current Level: this changes more often than I care to update this detail
Server: Teva (main) Epith (secondary) other 2 (fallback)
Lady-Loki has disabled reputation
Originally Posted by Ralath View Post
What confuses me is why can't they just hire some frigging developers of their own so they can fix some of this stuff? True, they might not be able to fix all but they should be able to get some stuff at least.
I'm thinking Outspark can't hire dev's to fix the bugs because the Korean company "owns" the program. If Outspark hires devs they would have to "develop" an game specific to Outspark. Lotta legals around ownership of that programming.

Originally Posted by Spirit View Post
Here is my two cents.
I think it all depends on who is playing, what they are looking for, and what they expect. ~~~ But, for others, it is about the community, the friends, the bonds that you build, not just the graphics, the skills, the bugs.
So, maybe the question should not be what is it that makes it the best game ever, but more of what do you get out of it. The game is fine for me, even with all the bugs and everything else. ~~~ If I get to the point that all the problems bother me that bad, I will simply quit playing, end of story.
Yeah, the highlighted stuff.

KK - This one was rather long so follow my color-match for responses to specifics on this next one plz.

Originally Posted by WizardsRequiem View Post

~~~
Either that or the enemies have gotten stronger. I came back only to find out that I could barely fight anything by myself without dying or coming very close even as I constantly used potions and stones. I doubt they've fixed the cool down times either. If they ever do get around to that they also need to amp up the damage for Mages. I'm sick of shooting spell after spell just to kill an enemy five minutes later.

2. Cash Shop: I told people that it would end up like this. They would be more focused on the Cash Shop than anything else and so far, i've been right. I understand they're trying to make money but making money is far less important than making your players happy. If your players aren't happy then your game is doomed to fail and no matter how low your prices go it won't bring them back. They need to focus more on fixing bugs and less on adding crappy items to the Cash Shop. Oh and the items need to be permanent, none of this dumb timed stuff.

~~~

4. "Epic" Monsters: You know those special little monsters such as King Marlone or the Zombie King? Well, we all know that they get farmed because of their "rare" items. However, this denies any casual player (and even players like myself) from getting these items without paying ridiculous prices. Either ban all foreign players or start making these damned mobs spawn faster! And put a limit on the amount that you can kill or something.
~~~

5. Kill stealing/Bots: Kill stealing just sucks and something needs to be done about it. Some people are just too damned rude and there is nothing we can do to stop them. There are numerous games out there with a system to prevent kill stealers, Final Fantasy XI has one so why doesn't Fiesta? As for the bots... well... this game has the most bots i've ever seen (or at least noticed). Constantly farming stuff, spamming this damned sites, and overall just being a general annoyance. Come on, it isn't THAT difficult to get rid of them.

Summary: This game has a lot of issues and Outspark isn't even making an effort to fix them. This game is still in Open Beta yet its already doing horrible. How people can still play it is beyond me but I do know that if no one says something this game will continue down this very road and eventually end up with no players at all. Fiesta is fun to play but lately its becoming more of a chore to play it than just a fun little game to sit down and relax to. I want to play this game for a long time but how is anyone supposed to when these problems affect the game in such a negative way?
You might wanna talk to Spirit about your build then coz she tanks like a machine on her mage. She kills fast and pulls aggro from many many tanks. I don't know that they need to add more damage for mages or she will be a one-woman show.

Fact is, Outspark launched as a business and the investors threw money in to get money out. That's how business investments work. The Outspark founders may have loved to put a feature rich full blown f2p game out but that was not a possibility because even for a f2p game there is overhead. If the Outspark founders had unlimited financial resources they may have done just that. Hell, I'd like to make available a feature rich full blown f2p game, but I have no funds so I would have to find investors who want a reasonable if not decent ROI. Well, hell, there went my dream of launching a feature rich full blown f2p game.

Yep, and I see them farmed by live players just like you and me. All I can say is go farm them, they are out there for you to farm too.

I don't know how it works, but I think the best way to fix this issue is to block IP addresses, I just don't know how far down in an IP address blocking can be managed. I suspect the bots are all from a common IP at a higher level of the sub-net mask, but exactly how far up that sub-net mask you can block without affecting innocent players I'm not sure. And Outspark may have some IT folks working on this. Being a newly formed company it may take a little longer for that to be worked out.

Point in fact is that the very things you are looking at as negatives are what keeps you from enjoying Fiesta as "a fun little game to sit down and relax to". I play and enjoy in spite of the issued that are yet to (and I do expect they will) be resolved. Stop focusing on those issues and concentrate on making friends and just enjoying the camaraderie of those friends and you will enjoy the game more.

Please click my Dragon Eggs to help my babies along.

Join the FiestaFan Folding@Home team! Details, questions and comments HERE
And, just for the heck of it, you can visit my mini city to help my population grow:
<--youarehere
Old 02-16-2008, 08:52 PM   #26
Ralath
Bbang ggoo ddong ggoo

Tournaments Won: 36

Ralath is a splendid one to beholdRalath is a splendid one to beholdRalath is a splendid one to beholdRalath is a splendid one to beholdRalath is a splendid one to beholdRalath is a splendid one to beholdRalath is a splendid one to behold
Send a message via MSN to Ralath
I don't think i've ever heard anyone call this the "best game ever" but i've definitely heard a lot of people praising it when it doesn't deserve it. Some say its better than MapleStory, some say its better than FlyFF. I don't agree with either and here is why.

1. Classes: Four classes? Well, that ain't no big deal except they are horribly unbalanced. Clerics can do everything except deal large amounts of damage so basically you could toss away Fighters and just keep either Mages or Archers. Fighters... uh... I can't really say anything about them. I don't play them and I really don't care about them. The only time I do is when i'm with a group and even then I don't care so long as he/she is doing his/her job.

I disagree. Clerics can't hold aggro. Yeah they can heal themselves but... that's all they can do. If you look at a Fighter, they can be a DD, a tank, and they can even heal themselves with Vampiric Strike. And there are still some people who want to power up Fighters. @.@

Quote:
Archers? They're unbalanced due to the fact that they deal just as much damage if not more damage than Mages. What the hell is the point of having these two classes if they're damn near identical? A few different skills/spells makes no difference. Archers should not be able to cause even half as much damage as Mages. Mages are the "nukers" in MMORPGs, not Archers. And is it just me? Or did they make Mages weaker?

This one gets a major no from me too. Archers are having enough time finding parties and just ask Yosei what lvl 60+ mages can do. I don't even bother trying to find parties half the time anymore because no one wants to party archers.

And my mage alts have not had any problems killing monsters. They are fairly low level but I can kill yellows before they get to me if I'm kiting.[/QUOTE]

Quote:
I don't know why you would play Fiesta if it was a chore. I would never play Fiesta if I thought of it as a chore (which is probably why you never see me mindlessly grinding). If you want to relax, can I suggest Orisinal Morning Sunshine?

Old 02-16-2008, 11:18 PM   #27
WizardsRequiem
Mara Pirates

WizardsRequiem is infamous around these partsWizardsRequiem is infamous around these partsWizardsRequiem is infamous around these partsWizardsRequiem is infamous around these partsWizardsRequiem is infamous around these parts
Why can't I just post my opinion without someone saying something about it? I should've expected it though. Any who, I know Mages better than anyone else seeing as how they're the only class I EVER play. That isn't an exaggeration or a lie, its the truth and as such I know how Mages should be designed. There a lot of games out there that design their Mages right, Fiesta does not.

So what if she can tank mobs and hold aggro? Any Mage can do that with the right equipment. The builds don't even affect us that much and my pure INT build works perfectly fine. I don't think it would matter if it was anything else. In other games, where you allocate your stat points is crucial because even the smallest mistake can screw you over. This game? It doesn't really matter. You can throw all your points into STR as a Mage and you'll still be just as good as every other Mage out there.

Don't give me that crap about Clerics not holding aggro. I had to take on both Mara and Marlone as a Cleric and hold their aggro to prevent others from dying and I did a damn good job of it. Which also means that Clerics can take as well as hold aggro. The only thing they can't do is dish out damage which is what Archers and Mages do. But those two are practically the same exact class but with different abilities. And believe it or not, but Archers are stronger than Mages, physically.

That isn't a big deal because if Mages were strong physically they would have no need for anyone else. Which isn't necessarily a bad thing but thats just me. I know no one else would agree with someone like that. I know what Mages can do at any level. I've seen them in action and I have studied up on them. If you're having a hard time finding a group then there are numerous reasons that could explain that. One, not many people like you. Two, most people already have a group which is usually because they're in a Guild. Three, you're not looking hard enough.

There might be other reasons but it really doesn't matter either way. I can kill low leveled mobs by myself too. Its no big deal. But coming back and trying to fight stuff in Moonlight Tomb has proven far more difficult than I want it to be. Why do I still play it if I feel like it is a chore? I don't really. I came back to try and get into it and make some new friends so I can hit the max level and leave this game behind for good. Also, I know my comment about me knowing the most about Mages is bound to ruffle some feathers but there is no other way to say it without sounding like an arrogant prick.

Oh and just for your information, every game is designed with hardcore gamers in mind. There are very few games that are designed to cater to the casual gamer. I say this because if this game were a casual gamer's game then it would be simply to get from point "a" to point "b" with nothing else to do. There would be no quests. There would be no dungeons, Kingdom Quests, or anything of the sort. Your only goal would be to get to a certain level and then just stop. But that isn't the case, now is it?
Old 02-16-2008, 11:23 PM   #28
Blaaaaaaaah
WONDERCLERIC

Tournaments Won: 15

In-Game Name: Bla~ahs
Current Level: 7x
Blaaaaaaaah has disabled reputation
Yeah. Gotta agree on the above two posts about archers and mages. Since you just came back, you probably haven't noticed the new stuff they've added after raising level cap. Mages get nova frost while archers get nothing.. not much anyway. Mages are wanted for AoE parties at level 60+ (I think) because that's one of the most efficient ways to gain exp at such a high level. While I heard that archers are not so loved in parties. =[

Not saying archers suck, because I don't think they are, but if any class needs some "amping" up, it'd archers, I reckon. It's like how different classes excel at different levels.

And also, like Loki said, I've partied with Spirits heaps of times and gawd she does so much damage that she lures aggro's like there's no tomorrow! Even when our tank keeps using kick and mock, she still manages to take aggro. I've noticed this a lot in Honeying KQ. So yep - mages can do a lot of damage with what they have already! XD

EDIT:

I was making my post while you made yours so I didn't see the post above.

Originally Posted by WizardsRequiem
Any who, I know Mages better than anyone else seeing as how they're the only class I EVER play.
That is the reason. I think that you (not you specifically, just you as in everyone in general) will need to play all of the classes thoroughly to really see if there's an imbalance or not. It is always different when you are looking at something from an outside view, and when you're experiencing it.

By the way, may I ask you to tone down your post please, Wizard? I don't think any of us are having any hard feelings against you or anything, if that's the impression you're getting. We are all just simply expressing our opinions here. =]

Last edited by Blaaaaaaaah; 02-16-2008 at 11:29 PM..
Old 02-16-2008, 11:34 PM   #29
WizardsRequiem
Mara Pirates

As much as I wish I hadn't, I have played through all the other classes. None of them appeal to me no matter how good they are. I may not play that class as long as others but I don't need to. Watching people is suffice enough for me to form an opinion about that class. And of course, what people say also helps form that opinion. What exactly do you mean by "tone down" my post(s)?
Old 02-16-2008, 11:37 PM   #30
Blaaaaaaaah
WONDERCLERIC

Tournaments Won: 15

In-Game Name: Bla~ahs
Current Level: 7x
Blaaaaaaaah has disabled reputation
What exactly do you mean by "tone down" my post(s)?
Oops, I thought I included that in my previous post.

"Don't give me that crap.." <-- just gave a negative effect. D: