Remember, you MUST register to post on the Fiesta Fan forums. It's completely free to join. Just click HERE to become a member for free!

REGISTER NOW TO REMOVE ALL ADS ON THIS FORUM!

Closed Thread

Old 02-17-2008, 12:58 AM   #41
Valentines
Will you be mine ?

In-Game Name: DieRomantiic
Current Level: 20
Server: Teva
Valentines has much to be proud ofValentines has much to be proud ofValentines has much to be proud ofValentines has much to be proud ofValentines has much to be proud ofValentines has much to be proud ofValentines has much to be proud ofValentines has much to be proud of

Yah, after 60 a mage has alot of AoE's which own an archer.

Although DoT/AoE is kinda an archers purpose, besides trapping.

Of course Fiesta lucked out on that too as in BK level 95 = NF.

@Yos. Am only talking about VS archer though, as I can see how it can get like that.

Also you're User Title made me think for a sec.. D:

Last edited by Valentines; 02-17-2008 at 01:00 AM..
Old 02-17-2008, 02:57 AM   #42
AngellicDiety
Marlone

In-Game Name: AngellicDiety
Current Level: 1 divided by zero
AngellicDiety will become famous soon enoughAngellicDiety will become famous soon enough
Originally Posted by Yosei View Post
Its really not all that great being a mage with aoe.. I wish mages were more balanced.

Like in Spider KQ. I ALWAYS get a group where it seems like every fighter is there to just be a DD, no one wants to tank. Obviously, the most efficient way to kill in that KQ is aoe. Everyone starts demanding aoe, so... the mages aoe, no one mocks, mages aggro, mages die, thus the whole KQ goes into chaos.
The last time I grinded.. it was aoe, the tank didn't want to use mock because he assumed I would take aggro, so he didn't even bother.
Its often a misconception when people say fighters dont mock. In the spider assault king quest mages will always attract monster aggrivation regardless of mock.

Fighters do mock, however, that doesn't mean its successful. Firstly, we are working off of Mock [2] a level 55 skill which is only guaranteed to affect 6 enemies.

This is sufficient to manage initial aggrivation, however if you mages decide to use Frost Nova, or Inferno, then you must kill before the duration of our Devastate runs out. Once it does, regardless of whether we mock or not, we loose aggrivation, and the mages become food for the various monsters.

A common misconception I thought mages such as yourself should be aware of when the words "mock plz" are shouted in the Spider Assault King Quest.

When AOE'ing two things must be kept under control. Firstly you need fighters who can grab the initial aggro. Secondly you need to kill fast otherwise aggro can be lost.

Lastly, addressing the reason why you see most fighters in the Spider Assault using axes, or two handers. Since we are using out-dated skills we compensate. To keep aggro we need to increase our threat-level by dealing more damage. The damage of an axe is significantly greater. Instead of dealing 300-500 damage to surrounding enemies, I deal 700-900, or even a nice 1800 due to critical(s).

Last edited by AngellicDiety; 02-17-2008 at 02:59 AM..
Old 02-17-2008, 03:59 AM   #43
Yosei
Corgi Addict

In-Game Name: Cubyrop(WoW)
Current Level: 85
Server: Maelstrom
Yosei has much to be proud ofYosei has much to be proud ofYosei has much to be proud ofYosei has much to be proud ofYosei has much to be proud ofYosei has much to be proud ofYosei has much to be proud ofYosei has much to be proud ofYosei has much to be proud of
Send a message via AIM to Yosei Send a message via Yahoo to Yosei
I understand that. But I've been in a KQ where really, none of the fighters were mocking. It wasn't even 10 minutes into the KQ and I had already died 4 times. The healer asked in shout if anyone was mocking, no one answered. He asked the tank in our party if he was mocking, and he said no, he didn't want to bother since the healer would just have to end up healing me.
Old 02-17-2008, 04:48 AM   #44
Enraya
WONDERARCHER

Enraya is a splendid one to beholdEnraya is a splendid one to beholdEnraya is a splendid one to beholdEnraya is a splendid one to beholdEnraya is a splendid one to beholdEnraya is a splendid one to beholdEnraya is a splendid one to behold
@__@

I can't really remember if I've posted in this thread or not ...
I guess this is a rage thread, so I'll post about everything I think should be fixed

Class Balance

Currently, I think fighters are the most balanced class out there. They're not overpowered, and I honestly think it's good that they loose aggro at times. If their mock was perfect, there's no spice ... is it just me that feels a mini-ego boost when I pull a boss off the tank? Fighters are pretty excellent tanks, and they make great DDs too. I haven't seen a lot of fighter complaints.
Clerics I've heard a few complaints about, on how they can't deal damage. I honestly don't really understand their complaints ... clerics are mainly party-goers, because they are the only class that can buff and heal. NO other class can take their role in that. NO fighter can heal. NO archer can buff others. NO mage can cure. For that reason, I think the cleric is already a very balanced class. A cleric is trading in its strength for the ability to help others. I really don't think many people would suicide in a KQ if they lack any other class, but if there's no cleric in a KQ, whether it will succeed or not, there's going to be people that are going to suicide because clerics are THAT important.
Mages, I think are already powered up enough. Sorry to mages, but mages have absolutely stolen an archer's DoTs. DoTs were our domain, and ever since mages got FN we basically lost one of our only chances to be partied. Mages have every right to AoE because that is their role - AoEing and nuking everything, but stealing our DoTs is just way too far. Lots of people party an archer for their poisons ... well now, mages can just do the same.
Archers, we don't need any more strength. We shouldn't be identical to a mage, because then we would be better off as one class overall. We need something more unique @__@ Entangle skill please? All we need is to make our current skills more effective, and then I think most archers would be happy.

Bugs

There's obviously a lot of bugs in this game. I haven't encountered any serious bugs yet, but there's a lot of complaints about bugs. After lots of complaints and lots of patches, why aren't these bugs fixed? I'm more than willing to wait for new things if they're actually fixing what needs to be fixed. It's affecting players' gameplay, and it's better to fix the bugs right now than release new things and get MORE bugs added onto the list.
And on the topic of bugs, why do we get so many bugs? Most of the things that are released should be already tested, well, why are the bugs still there? Like I said, I've never been affected by a bug, but apparently there's a lot out there that I haven't touched on yet.

Spammers/Bots

We have a lot of them .___.
I just complain about how many there are, but I don't really know how we can solve this. Besides banning them and putting them in jail, what else can we do?

I like this section =D

{ enraya ! }
Old 02-17-2008, 04:56 AM   #45
WizardsRequiem
Mara Pirates

WizardsRequiem is infamous around these partsWizardsRequiem is infamous around these partsWizardsRequiem is infamous around these partsWizardsRequiem is infamous around these partsWizardsRequiem is infamous around these parts
Unfortunately, Mages don't get those spells until a very high level. Once they get them THEN perhaps they replace Archers but until then they're considerably weak for a Mage. Trust me, I know Mages and I make it my number one priority to study them and to find their pros and cons. And unfortunately the cons of the Mages in this game heavily outweigh the pros.

Obviously, a lot of people will disagree with me and I expect that. But I know what i'm talking about and its a shame no one else realizes this. And seeing as how i'm pretty much the only one who has a problem with the damage they do, this problem will never get fixed.
Old 02-17-2008, 05:04 AM   #46
Enraya
WONDERARCHER

Enraya is a splendid one to beholdEnraya is a splendid one to beholdEnraya is a splendid one to beholdEnraya is a splendid one to beholdEnraya is a splendid one to beholdEnraya is a splendid one to beholdEnraya is a splendid one to behold
A mage is normally party-dependant, like the cleric.

They're kind of backwards. A mage is dependant on a party for support, because if they're on cooldown/enemy is hitting them, then they need support in killing the monster before they die.
A cleric is party dependant because although they have survival capability, they kill slower.

Mages soloing is not very effective (if it's pure grinding), and I think that's why you're saying that mages are pretty weak. They're definately weak in terms of soloing and defense, but if they're in a party they're better.

You're saying that mages aren't great until higher levels. That's pretty wrong.
If everyone playing this game are bots (that party), then yeah, mages get much stronger after they hit lvl 60. But we're not bots, and word travels around. Because many people hear that mages are greater because of their AoE and nuking spells, even if it's after lvl 60, people start taking mages over archers at lvl 50 now, even lvl 40.

{ enraya ! }
Old 02-17-2008, 05:22 AM   #47
WizardsRequiem
Mara Pirates

WizardsRequiem is infamous around these partsWizardsRequiem is infamous around these partsWizardsRequiem is infamous around these partsWizardsRequiem is infamous around these partsWizardsRequiem is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by lightningmystix View Post
A mage is normally party-dependant, like the cleric.

They're kind of backwards. A mage is dependant on a party for support, because if they're on cooldown/enemy is hitting them, then they need support in killing the monster before they die.
A cleric is party dependant because although they have survival capability, they kill slower.

Mages soloing is not very effective (if it's pure grinding), and I think that's why you're saying that mages are pretty weak. They're definately weak in terms of soloing and defense, but if they're in a party they're better.

You're saying that mages aren't great until higher levels. That's pretty wrong.
If everyone playing this game are bots (that party), then yeah, mages get much stronger after they hit lvl 60. But we're not bots, and word travels around. Because many people hear that mages are greater because of their AoE and nuking spells, even if it's after lvl 60, people start taking mages over archers at lvl 50 now, even lvl 40.
I understand that better than anyone else but every class is party dependent sooner or later. Mages aren't designed to solo but they're also not designed to do piss poor damage at any level. Everyone in a party is better simply because you've got a team of people cooperating together to accomplish a common goal. In most cases, that common goal is leveling up.

I never said Mages aren't great until the higher levels but they're not exactly the most wanted either. Until the later levels they're pretty much on par with Archers when it comes to being wanted. Mages are weak but not so weak that people don't want them. Normally a Mage is strong at the beginning and can usually kill an enemy within one spell cast.

This usually lasts up until the higher levels when the enemies get stronger and stronger which is when the Mage must become dependent on other players to further themselves. This isn't the case for Fiesta. Normally you should be able to solo to level 30 without any problems what so ever but after coming back I just could not do that.

I don't know if anyone else noticed it but I did and to me it just seems like Mages are weaker than they were before. Then again, it may be because I am so used to how other Mages are in other games. Which means that Fiesta is doing something wrong with their Mages. Again, something no one notices because most people aren't as freakishly obsessed with Mages as I am.

Trust me, all you have to do is play several other MMORPGs and pick the Mage class. Then after playing them for a while come back and tell me how you feel about Mages in this game. It is the only way anyone would ever understand my feelings on Mages in this game.
Old 02-17-2008, 05:38 AM   #48
Enraya
WONDERARCHER

Yes, every class is dependant on parties because it just works better, but mages become more dependant earlier on. Most other classes can support themselves, but a mage (especially on a non-range monster) would probably want to kill a monster before it reaches them and before they kiss the ground. They are nukers, but they also need support in "just in case" situations.

As for soloing to level 30, that should be pretty easy ... it'll probably take a long time, but it's not impossible. If it's really impossible, then there's something wrong.

As for weakness, they definately have not gotten weak. You're probably used to other games, like you said. A mage in any other game is guaranteed to be different, and probably in other games they're more powerful.

And, just one last thing. If you really think mages are weak and stuff, play all the other classes and just keep on leveling them if you have the time. That's the BEST way to understand how classes work. There are other ways to determine if a class is underpowered or overpowered, but learning it hands-on is probably the best way. A lot of our assumptions are probably pretty screwed, as we haven't taken the time to investigate all classes.
If you think mages are weak, try out some other class.

{ enraya ! }
Old 02-17-2008, 05:53 AM   #49
Ralath
Bbang ggoo ddong ggoo

Tournaments Won: 36

Ralath is a splendid one to beholdRalath is a splendid one to beholdRalath is a splendid one to beholdRalath is a splendid one to beholdRalath is a splendid one to beholdRalath is a splendid one to beholdRalath is a splendid one to behold
Send a message via MSN to Ralath
Originally Posted by WizardsRequiem View Post
I understand that better than anyone else but every class is party dependent sooner or later. Mages aren't designed to solo but they're also not designed to do piss poor damage at any level. Everyone in a party is better simply because you've got a team of people cooperating together to accomplish a common goal. In most cases, that common goal is leveling up.
Mages don't do "piss-poor damage" at any level. Mages will outdamage any class, any build, with maybe the exception of an axe fighter at the same level. Archers have to be extremely lucky with their poisons and their crits to outdamage the mage--it doesn't happen often.

Quote:
I never said Mages aren't great until the higher levels but they're not exactly the most wanted either. Until the later levels they're pretty much on par with Archers when it comes to being wanted. Mages are weak but not so weak that people don't want them. Normally a Mage is strong at the beginning and can usually kill an enemy within one spell cast.
I haven't actually partied with the higher AoE grinding parties but I bet a dream party would consist of a Fighter, a Cleric, and 3 60+ Mages casting Nova Frost. At the higher levels, mages are almost exactly the most wanted. At any rate, I have never heard of a party NOT wanting a Mage if they have the room to take them

Quote:

This usually lasts up until the higher levels when the enemies get stronger and stronger which is when the Mage must become dependent on other players to further themselves. This isn't the case for Fiesta. Normally you should be able to solo to level 30 without any problems what so ever but after coming back I just could not do that.
Levels are relative. Outspark Fiesta only has 79 levels right now anyway so lvl 30 in a game where the cap is lvl 99 is going to be different from a game whose cap is 79.

Quote:

I don't know if anyone else noticed it but I did and to me it just seems like Mages are weaker than they were before. Then again, it may be because I am so used to how other Mages are in other games. Which means that Fiesta is doing something wrong with their Mages

Trust me, all you have to do is play several other MMORPGs and pick the Mage class. Then after playing them for a while come back and tell me how you feel about Mages in this game. It is the only way anyone would ever understand my feelings on Mages in this game.
Maybe there is a reason why Mages aren't as powerful as you want them to be. It's because Fiesta is more of a party-orientated game so while soloing is plausible, there is more of an emphasis on parties. In many ways, Fiesta encourages partying over soloing. If Mages could solo everything, it would make the whole title of the game redundant...

Last edited by Ralath; 02-17-2008 at 05:57 AM..
Old 02-17-2008, 06:01 AM   #50
Enraya
WONDERARCHER

Ralath = the opinions I want to express put in better words, LOL.

{ enraya ! }
Closed Thread