Remember, you MUST register to post on the Fiesta Fan forums. It's completely free to join. Just click HERE to become a member for free!

REGISTER NOW TO REMOVE ALL ADS ON THIS FORUM!

Old 05-18-2018, 03:26 PM   #21
Ralath
Bbang ggoo ddong ggoo

Tournaments Won: 36

Ralath is a splendid one to beholdRalath is a splendid one to beholdRalath is a splendid one to beholdRalath is a splendid one to beholdRalath is a splendid one to beholdRalath is a splendid one to beholdRalath is a splendid one to behold
Send a message via MSN to Ralath

Wow so many people coming out of the woodwork! How did you guys know to check FF? I got told by Blahs, lol

Ralath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2018, 07:50 PM   #22
Belaslav
Yank me.

In-Game Name: -quit-
Current Level: -quit-
Server: Teva
Belaslav has much to be proud ofBelaslav has much to be proud ofBelaslav has much to be proud ofBelaslav has much to be proud ofBelaslav has much to be proud ofBelaslav has much to be proud ofBelaslav has much to be proud ofBelaslav has much to be proud ofBelaslav has much to be proud ofBelaslav has much to be proud of
Send a message via MSN to Belaslav
Originally Posted by Fr0Z3nWind View Post
Hey! Randomly remembered the site and decided to pop back to visit. Really surprised to see everyone here. Time has really passed huh. Hope everyone is doing well. Looks like I was really immature 10 years ago and hope everyone can forgive me.

I remember having fun playing LoL with lirange, blah, ralath...and someone else that plays nasus but can't recall (oh Ivramire, after checking the other thread)....Those were good times, kinda miss it tbh.

As for me, I'm a medical physicist in my last semester of study before I (hopefully) work at a local hospital or doing research in proton therapy for cancer. I still play games once in awhile when time permits, currently on a study break before the semester starts in August so I started playing stardew valley while waiting for a holiday job.
Medical physicist that wants to cure cancer? NOW THERE'S A SAINT!

No really this is marvelous work! I cannot boast in knowing too much about physics, but I take it you're gonna try using precision proton bombardment (aka radiation) to kill off cancer cells while leaving healthy ones intact? Can you go into details?

As for immaturity, don't fret. Blaahs laughed at penis jokes, her sister wanted to be a couch tester, and as for me, well... This thread. I'm not ashamed to say that I can still squeal in delight after all these years.

Free software for Virus, Malware, Adware and Spyware protection: Avast and Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware.

Those of you using Firefox I recommend NoScript and AdBlock Plus addons.
Belaslav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2018, 10:33 PM   #23
Fr0Z3nWind
King Spider

In-Game Name: -nil-
Current Level: -nil-
Server: -nil-
Fr0Z3nWind will become famous soon enough
Hmm, I didnt know tbh. I suddenly just got reminded that day and googled if FFan still existed xD

Hahas I highly doubt Im a saint. I wanted to be a vet in the past but Singapore does not have it as a course, you needed to take it overseas (vets in Singapore usually have theirs in Australia). Only recently did we have it (starting next august) in ONE uni and only accepted 15 students.

Yes you are absolutely right.
Hmm, in current clinical radiotherapy we use electron beam and x-ray to treat patients with cancer which tends to have side effects. Proton are much heavier and transfer their energy almost fully upon impact, unlike the previous 2 which continues past the target area and create bremsstrahlung in the patient. What we want to achieve is a double strand break in the DNA of the cancer cell while minimising complications of the cells around it, but of course there is no 100% way to ensure its a double strand break. Fun fact which I was really surprised in my study was that when irradiating a medium/patient, the surface does not have the highest dose, but rather a few cm deep.
Proton therapy does sound better but the machine required for it is massive and the cost of therapy is about 6 times (IIRC) the conventional treatment. Currently Japan has the most machines (of 3). Singapore will get its first in 2022.

Do you all have a discord server or something xD

Last edited by Fr0Z3nWind; 05-19-2018 at 05:20 AM..
Fr0Z3nWind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2018, 04:59 PM   #24
Hessah
Hardcore Procrastinator

Burger Time Champion! Cannon Ball Follies 2 Champion!
Tournaments Won: 51

In-Game Name: Hessah / Ble~ehs
Current Level: 91 / 85 / 79 / 65 / 28
Server: Teeeeeee-vah
Hessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond repute
Wow I didnt think I'll read medical talk on this forum HAHA

G____G

G____GTevaG____G
Heart___G_Hessah_G___Heart
79 - Paladin | 85 - Enchanter | 91 - Scoutxx
Ninja text! For those who's easily amused
I can show you the woooorld!
I don't want to see it!
okay...

Hessah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2018, 06:40 PM   #25
lamchopz
Goblin Swordman

In-Game Name: yummy
Current Level: skewl
lamchopz has disabled reputation
Interesting. I felt like checking this site again today. Not sure if you guys remember me. Nice seeing we are all settled with studies, jobs and families now.

-------------------------------------------------
lamchopz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2018, 06:45 PM   #26
lamchopz
Goblin Swordman

Originally Posted by Fr0Z3nWind View Post
Hmm, I didnt know tbh. I suddenly just got reminded that day and googled if FFan still existed xD

Hahas I highly doubt Im a saint. I wanted to be a vet in the past but Singapore does not have it as a course, you needed to take it overseas (vets in Singapore usually have theirs in Australia). Only recently did we have it (starting next august) in ONE uni and only accepted 15 students.

Yes you are absolutely right.
Hmm, in current clinical radiotherapy we use electron beam and x-ray to treat patients with cancer which tends to have side effects. Proton are much heavier and transfer their energy almost fully upon impact, unlike the previous 2 which continues past the target area and create bremsstrahlung in the patient. What we want to achieve is a double strand break in the DNA of the cancer cell while minimising complications of the cells around it, but of course there is no 100% way to ensure its a double strand break. Fun fact which I was really surprised in my study was that when irradiating a medium/patient, the surface does not have the highest dose, but rather a few cm deep.
Proton therapy does sound better but the machine required for it is massive and the cost of therapy is about 6 times (IIRC) the conventional treatment. Currently Japan has the most machines (of 3). Singapore will get its first in 2022.
Fascinating read. I still don't understand radiation therapy fully. Whenever I see patients who underwent radiotherapy, I just think of complications and whether I can send them home safely.

Old 06-04-2018, 03:08 PM   #27
Yosei
Corgi Addict

In-Game Name: Cubyrop(WoW)
Current Level: 85
Server: Maelstrom
Yosei has much to be proud ofYosei has much to be proud ofYosei has much to be proud ofYosei has much to be proud ofYosei has much to be proud ofYosei has much to be proud ofYosei has much to be proud ofYosei has much to be proud ofYosei has much to be proud of
Send a message via AIM to Yosei Send a message via Yahoo to Yosei
This entire thread makes me happy! Hello, everyone! A little late to the party, though
Yosei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2018, 02:50 AM   #28
Belaslav
Yank me.

In-Game Name: -quit-
Current Level: -quit-
Server: Teva
Belaslav has much to be proud ofBelaslav has much to be proud ofBelaslav has much to be proud ofBelaslav has much to be proud ofBelaslav has much to be proud ofBelaslav has much to be proud ofBelaslav has much to be proud ofBelaslav has much to be proud ofBelaslav has much to be proud ofBelaslav has much to be proud of
Send a message via MSN to Belaslav
Originally Posted by Yosei View Post
This entire thread makes me happy! Hello, everyone! A little late to the party, though
Hey Yosei! Long time indeed, I didn't even expect to have everyone just gather around in such short time XD.

Big question, marriage/kids?

Free software for Virus, Malware, Adware and Spyware protection: Avast and Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware.

Those of you using Firefox I recommend NoScript and AdBlock Plus addons.
Belaslav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2018, 03:09 AM   #29
Yosei
Corgi Addict

In-Game Name: Cubyrop(WoW)
Current Level: 85
Server: Maelstrom
Yosei has much to be proud ofYosei has much to be proud ofYosei has much to be proud ofYosei has much to be proud ofYosei has much to be proud ofYosei has much to be proud ofYosei has much to be proud ofYosei has much to be proud ofYosei has much to be proud of
Send a message via AIM to Yosei Send a message via Yahoo to Yosei
Originally Posted by Belaslav View Post
Hey Yosei! Long time indeed, I didn't even expect to have everyone just gather around in such short time XD.

Big question, marriage/kids?
Nope and nope I think I'ma pass on kids. I'm approaching 30 and I still don't feel ready. I think if and when I am, I'll just adopt Been with my current partner for 3 1/2 years, and no sign of marriage yet. No rush, though.

I'm in New York now, though! I was originally in Michigan.

If anyone here has discord and would like to add me:

Katie #1526

Last edited by Yosei; 06-05-2018 at 03:12 AM..
Yosei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2018, 04:07 AM   #30
lamchopz
Goblin Swordman

Originally Posted by Yosei View Post
Nope and nope I think I'ma pass on kids. I'm approaching 30 and I still don't feel ready. I think if and when I am, I'll just adopt Been with my current partner for 3 1/2 years, and no sign of marriage yet. No rush, though.

I'm in New York now, though! I was originally in Michigan.

If anyone here has discord and would like to add me:

Katie #1526
Don't be afraid of childbirth. Only took my wife 18 hours, a little bit of screaming then about 5 minutes of going totally bananas as well as squeezing my neck.