Remember, you MUST register to post on the Fiesta Fan forums. It's completely free to join. Just click HERE to become a member for free!

REGISTER NOW TO REMOVE ALL ADS ON THIS FORUM!

Closed Thread

Old 08-30-2008, 02:58 PM   #1
Blaaaaaaaah
WONDERCLERIC

Tournaments Won: 15

In-Game Name: Bla~ahs
Current Level: 7x
Server: Teva
Blaaaaaaaah has disabled reputation
The Blahs Theory

Okay so. Sometimes I wonder about the real reason as to why the majority of "newer" clerics are so... unhelpful. Now a lot of them aren't unhelpful because they want to be assholes, but they just simply don't realise what they're supposed to do, or how to support your dying party.

Many people (or at least I think they did o.o) mentioned about the increased EXP making them level to fast, and thus not enough time to "learn" how to be a cleric. Which could possibly be true.

But how about this.

It's because people's expectations have been LOWERED!!

I was horrified by the fact that my party didn't complain about our cleric not healing.

I was horrified by the fact that people don't complain when they don't have a cleric in the party (though there are enough clerics to have at least one in each party).

I was horrified by the fact that clerics don't volunteer to split up (I know I would, at least, no matter how horrible or how low levelled the party without cleric is), yet no one said anything.

I was horrified by the fact that people actually said to leave the only two clerics in Robo to be in the same party so they can back each other up, but neglecting the rest of the group (though that silly person was in the group of 2 clerics).

Basically, I'm horrified because I will feel like an annoying prick if I complain, even though I have every right to!

I mean, I've met a number of brilliant clerics, but still, the number of times no one ever bothered to smack these clerics awake bothers me!

So. What do you think of my theory.

Note: this isn't really meant to be a serious serious discussion. I thought it'd be fun to come up with some whacky ideas as to why the newer players are slower in learning about their classes.

Edit: And. TRIUMPH. NO MATHS. D:<

Last edited by Blaaaaaaaah; 08-30-2008 at 03:05 PM.. Reason: Oooh had to highlight my theoryyy yayayaya
Old 08-30-2008, 03:01 PM   #2
A_Forever
:w

Not sure what to say..

But the cleric we dealt with in the last Robo we did together.... that was bs. >_>'

Fighting instead of healing while your party dies? C'mon. D:
Old 08-30-2008, 03:02 PM   #3
Blaaaaaaaah
WONDERCLERIC

Originally Posted by A_Forever View Post
Not sure what to say..

But the cleric we dealt with in the last Robo we did together.... that was bs. >_>'

Fighting instead of healing while your party dies? C'mon. D:
Hey I just did a Robo with a cleric like that too. Different person though.

Maybe it's my luck with clerics. >: I'm considering solo-ing Robo KQ for a living.
Old 08-30-2008, 03:07 PM   #4
A_Forever
:w

Oh, and so many clerics completely ignore you now!

Any level cleric really. D: But I'm talking about a 7x or something that I run into in Eld or whatever, they buff one of their guildies/friends right in front of me and I say, "May I have buffs please? :3" and they just stand there like they are afk. So, I start to move away(slowly >_>) and they run in the other direction. How rude Dx I didn't come up to you and be like, "BAFF PLZZZZZ!!!!!11!"(Then spam it)

But yeahh. I don't know whats going on. :x When I could still do mara on my cleric, I was seriously the only cleric they could depend on if I wasn't doing it with friends/guildies. I still say that the being able to level so fast has something to do with it..
Old 08-30-2008, 03:17 PM   #5
nekoneko
Mara Pirate Sailor

Mahjongg Champion!
In-Game Name: Koyagichan/Kawaiinekochan/Slice_Dice/Koyagikun
Current Level: 87.28/60/60/60
Server: Apoline
nekoneko is on a distinguished road
i've come to notice this tread as well on Apoline. Many newer clerics i've met are so intensely tuned to fighting that they forget their party members. I was running gold hill on one of my alts, and found that the cleric didn't even bother to put up a party buff, none the less heal us at all. It took about several askings for him to finally put one up and realized what he should have been doing.

Another one was in Mara Kq, my ig wife and I were on alts once again XD, and were running Mara. We picked up an extra cleric for the party, only for him to think he was a god and could not be killed. So, he demanded that my wife heal him so he could go fight Mara and Marlone....from the front. Obviously, he's not the main tank, so he should be fighting Mara/Marlone from behind, but my wife bothered not to heal him and healed the rest of the party. Of course he died several times and cursed out my wife, but serves him right for not trying to help the party out rather than trying to get the glory of killing Mara or Marlone.
Old 08-30-2008, 03:22 PM   #6
Icy
Huge Slime

Tournaments Won: 6

In-Game Name: おぼえていますんか?
Icy has a spectacular aura aboutIcy has a spectacular aura about
I would be one of those who would horrify you by not complaining about crappy clerics. The reason I wouldn't complain is simple - why bother myself. The overall standard of clerics in terms of healing has gone down, and very few gives a damn about your complaints anyway. If it gets bad, I'd just ditch the cleric(s).

Plus, it's been a year since the game has been running, and it comes as no surprise that every nub char has a bigger one behind it. You start lashing out abuse at the nub and then... Someone will be calling you names the next minute.

My own experience with migrating from playing a fighter to playing a mage then cleric tells me that the first one sticks and heavily influences the succeeding ones. If your crappy cleric was once a capped solo fighter, then I wouldn't be surprised if they seem to run all over the place yet also neglect you in terms of healing, somehow.

Originally Posted by nekoneko View Post
I was running gold hill on one of my alts, and found that the cleric didn't even bother to put up a party buff, none the less heal us at all. It took about several askings for him to finally put one up and realized what he should have been doing.
Very common now! Clerics who don't heal and don't buff their party members. I suspect they used to be fighters...

I like clerics who started being a cleric. Those are the original clerics; they heal profusely. However, as always, there are exceptions to that - somebody who hasn't yet responded to this thread.

"You should never judge a book by it's cover unless you understand what you are getting into. But anyone with eyes can determine your kind rather easily. You and Triumph are of the same breed. Egotistical, narcissists who believe that numbers are some how important. It is one's love for something that truly determines who knows more and it is without a doubt that my love for the mage class trumps yours any day."

Last edited by Icy; 08-30-2008 at 03:25 PM..
Old 08-30-2008, 03:24 PM   #7
Blaaaaaaaah
WONDERCLERIC

@nekoneko: LMAO! Yeah, I've met a lot of those clerics.

And I don't think it's just clerics. It's just that KQs seem to reveal the "bad" clerics a lot easier compared to mages/archers. Most fighters are... so-so. I haven't really taken notice of them much myself.

Edit:

Originally Posted by Icy
Plus, it's been a year since the game has been running, and it comes as no surprise that every nub char has a bigger one behind it.
ROFLMAO

Originally Posted by Icy
You start lashing out abuse at the nub and then... Someone will be calling you names the next minute.
Yeah, main reason why I keep quiet now. I had tried to reason and then "chuck a fit" a few times but, a level 3x mage in Robo has no say. But, that would be making the expectations go lower even easier!

Originally Posted by Icy
I like clerics who started being a cleric. Those are the original clerics; they heal profusely.
OOOOOOooooh I've never thought about that. I like it.

Last edited by Blaaaaaaaah; 08-30-2008 at 03:27 PM..
Old 08-30-2008, 03:30 PM   #8
Icy
Huge Slime

Tournaments Won: 6

In-Game Name: おぼえていますんか?
Icy has a spectacular aura aboutIcy has a spectacular aura about
Originally Posted by Blaaaaaaaah View Post
And I don't think it's just clerics. It's just that KQs seem to reveal the "bad" clerics a lot easier compared to mages/archers. Most fighters are... so-so. I haven't really taken notice of them much myself.
The primary purpose of fighters in KQs is to tank bosses. This relies more on clerics healing them and little action on their part, therefore there's little to observe of them. What differentiates a good fighter from a bad one lies in crowd control.

"You should never judge a book by it's cover unless you understand what you are getting into. But anyone with eyes can determine your kind rather easily. You and Triumph are of the same breed. Egotistical, narcissists who believe that numbers are some how important. It is one's love for something that truly determines who knows more and it is without a doubt that my love for the mage class trumps yours any day."
Old 08-30-2008, 03:32 PM   #9
lamchopz
Goblin Swordman

In-Game Name: yummy
Current Level: skewl
lamchopz has disabled reputation
I have a mostly STR lvl 49 fighter and a lvl 23 supportive cleric. The reason I created the cleric is that on my fighter, I hated clerics who didn't heal so I decided to make a cleric whose primary job is to only heal. I rarely fight, if at all, on my cleric (except when I solo, which is rare because his dmg is just... lol...).

-------------------------------------------------
Old 08-30-2008, 03:34 PM   #10
Blaaaaaaaah
WONDERCLERIC

@Icy: Let's say that your theory of the new clerics being fighters originally are part of the reason why they are so slow/careless is true.

Then does that mean the newer generation of fighters who used to be mages/archers will tank very well because being mages/archers, they must've pulled aggro from the tank a lot and they realise how painful it is? =O

And original clerics who plays new classes will be great at anything because I'm biased like that. Jk.

@Lam: Of course, there are also many exceptions. Just that more than half of the people aren't playing their classes from a whole new perspective.