Remember, you MUST register to post on the Fiesta Fan forums. It's completely free to join. Just click HERE to become a member for free!

REGISTER NOW TO REMOVE ALL ADS ON THIS FORUM!

Closed Thread

Old 08-12-2008, 03:09 AM   #1
Blood Raven
Phino

In-Game Name: Dragon_Helper
Current Level: 5x
Server: Bijou
Blood Raven is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to Blood Raven
Clerics Getting Abused

Is it just me or do a lot of clerics have the problem of people verbally abusing them. When I play on my cleric I try my best to help people and I try to be nice to everyone but for whatever reason people still seem to hate me.

Example:
I was in KQ helping a friend with a quest and we had quite a few fighters who didn't understand the concept of getting behind Marlone while he uses his Aoa attack. I was nice and tried reviving them and did my best to heal when I could even though I was busy trying to help the tank (I was in her party). I still got verbally abused because somehow I was a unless cleric that never helped people.

Example #2:
I was in Abyss messing around with a friend and we were laughing and getting a little bit annoyed with the constant killing from parties at gate but overall we were happy. A fighter comes up an asks for a health. My reply is sure. I heal him and then he 2 hits my mage friend. I told him that was my friend. He verbally abused me. (really bad...cussing and all) Then he tried but unsuccessfully attempted to kill me. He ran off.

Is it just my bad luck with people or does everybody seem to hate clerics? I am not aggressive nor am I randomly stupid...well at least for the most part. I try to help people even when others think they are just newbies and deserve to die. But it almost seems that the world declared doom on clerics.

Dragon_Helper (Cleric) Level: 5x
_Trevor_ (Fighter) Level: 3x
Drag0n_Slayer (Fighter) Level: 1x

I like Squishes. Let me HELP you.
Old 08-12-2008, 03:17 AM   #2
Hraesvelg
Blaaaaaah 2 u 2

In-Game Name: Hraesvelg
Current Level: 6X
Server: Teva
Hraesvelg is a glorious beacon of lightHraesvelg is a glorious beacon of lightHraesvelg is a glorious beacon of lightHraesvelg is a glorious beacon of lightHraesvelg is a glorious beacon of light
I say let them burn. Then again, I don't have the urge to help people. Guess that's why I didn't pick a Cleric.
Old 08-12-2008, 03:19 AM   #3
Hyper
Sucked back into the 'net

In-Game Name: An occupation
Current Level: 8 hours a day
Server: 4reL-lyfe
Hyper is infamous around these partsHyper is infamous around these partsHyper is infamous around these partsHyper is infamous around these partsHyper is infamous around these partsHyper is infamous around these partsHyper is infamous around these parts
I think it's a two-sided thing. In my experience in MD... Yeah, sometimes you have to say "HEAL? PLEASE? I'm kind of TANKING HERE." And about 75% of the time that doesn't work... Which leads to death, and in MD clerics are more of a priority when people are reviving than the tank...

From the cleric's side, it does get REALLY annoying if people are acting all angry, yelling for heals, yet they won't use a single stone or potion, because it's a "waste of money". (People who knowingly don't buy stones don't get a single heal/revive from me. )

/rambling about non-relating things (I really, really vaguely skimmed! xD)

Wow, the people you meet sound like idiots.
Old 08-12-2008, 03:26 AM   #4
Hessah
Hardcore Procrastinator

Burger Time Champion! Cannon Ball Follies 2 Champion!
Tournaments Won: 51

In-Game Name: Hessah / Ble~ehs
Current Level: 91 / 85 / 79 / 65 / 28
Server: Teeeeeee-vah
Hessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond repute
Sounds like you just ran into some noobs...

Playing a cleric isnt really as easy as some people make it sound like. To look after an entire party can be a lot of hard work if not everyone coorporates...

You were trying to heal and revive people, I see no reason to call you a "useless cleric"... A lot of other noobs totally RELY on clerics, and when they die, they blame clerics.. even when they're the ones being stupid in the first place (ie. not standing behind marlone)

Not sure what you did, but I would've concentrated on healing the tank, and let the people that doesnt listen dead... only revive them if u're sure the tank is being healed by other clerics, or is safe in some kinda way...

As for that fighter in abyss... did he just attack the mages for no reason? Did the mage hit him first or anything? If he just randomly attack then... he's got a problem... nothing to do with you... or you being a cleric...

@Hyper - i didnt know u played a cleric O_O

G____G

G____GTevaG____G
Heart___G_Hessah_G___Heart
79 - Paladin | 85 - Enchanter | 91 - Scoutxx
Ninja text! For those who's easily amused
I can show you the woooorld!
I don't want to see it!
okay...

Old 08-12-2008, 03:34 AM   #5
Lexaeus
Bat

Tournaments Won: 2

In-Game Name: FredWeasley, EishunKonoe
Current Level: 3x, 8
Server: Teva, Epith
Lexaeus is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by Hyper View Post
I think it's a two-sided thing. In my experience in MD... Yeah, sometimes you have to say "HEAL? PLEASE? I'm kind of TANKING HERE." And about 75% of the time that doesn't work... Which leads to death, and in MD clerics are more of a priority when people are reviving than the tank...

From the cleric's side, it does get REALLY annoying if people are acting all angry, yelling for heals, yet they won't use a single stone or potion, because it's a "waste of money". (People who knowingly don't buy stones don't get a single heal/revive from me. )

/rambling about non-relating things (I really, really vaguely skimmed! xD)

Wow, the people you meet sound like idiots.
Yeah I hate it when people don't stone or pot when I'm in the back spamming heal to keep the tank alive wasting like 20 sp stones and 10 T2 sp pots. Then they start cussing at me for focusing on the tank when they died due to robo summoning mobs. Yeah I get verbally abused as a cleric all the time in kqs so I learned a method called blocking though is that a good thing? No worries Hyper once I get to MD kq I'll be able to heal you just wait 13 more lvls xD in about 4 more months. Playing a cleric is not easy especially when you have a slow internet sometimes or you lag like crazy like I do sometimes in robo kqs.

Thank you Loveless for the awesome siggy
Old 08-12-2008, 04:47 AM   #6
Blaaaaaaaah
WONDERCLERIC

Tournaments Won: 15

In-Game Name: Bla~ahs
Current Level: 7x
Blaaaaaaaah has disabled reputation
Seems like a lot of bad luck there.

I agree with what Hyper says. From a cleric's side, it will get annoying that people spam "heal pls heal pls" while from a tanker's side, you will want to scream "heal heal!" when you feel you haven't got the full support from clerics.

I used to get annoyed at anyone who screams "heal pls", but I realised that not all clerics out there can monitor everything that's happening in the area, especially in KQs. I often don't see or notice dead people because they are buried in the ground and they are not in my party, so I am glad that they ask for res. I only found out after playing an archer and tanking with it. No clerics seemed to want to heal me , and I had to say one "heal please" every time I started tanking.

Exceptions will be those that spam "rev pls rev pls rev pls rev pls" x9000000 in one go. Now THAT's annoying.

Wait, I realised this is kinda off topic. I blame Hyper.

But yeah, bad luck with those meanies. Just ignore them and continue with your good healing skills! There's bound to be someone out there that will appreciate it one day. xD
Old 08-13-2008, 12:15 PM   #7
Blood Raven
Phino

Well I realize a lot of people are meanies but when you help someone out and then just randomly try killing them and verbally abuse them then I think thats stupid.

My friend never attacked the Fighter. We were just talking and doing some killing but she is from Finland so it takes her time to type in English for me. So she was doing that and he just 2 hit kill her. I told him "Hey, you just killed my friend", and so the story goes on.

This attitude that clerics are slaves because we are...well our class is made to be support even though we don't have to be support is making me frustrated. I am not the random cleric who tries tanking nor do I ask for all the drops or anything like that.

Actually in most parties people will not give me drops but instead grab them all and refuse to do sequential order for me. So in essence I just spend money to train (on stones) then ever making any. I just think it is stupid that I try very hard to keep everyone alive (Party or no party) but for whatever reason people think because they have a +9 (Even though I have them now...) or because they are the "Tank" or whatever....they think they are something in KQ or that they are leading us in the party. I just wish I was the party leader so I could of banned them.

So am I not alone? Are all the clerics bad mouthed even though we try keeping people alive? I am very open to helping people and I will even go beyond what is required of me for other people. Thats how I make friends.

Thanks for the replies already.

Old 08-13-2008, 12:27 PM   #8
Blaaaaaaaah
WONDERCLERIC

Tournaments Won: 15

In-Game Name: Bla~ahs
Current Level: 7x
Blaaaaaaaah has disabled reputation
I think you are pretty unlucky with the people you bump into in game. Maybe it's because the level range you're in are still pretty low. Grinding on my level 30 mage is an ass because every where I go, I get ksers and things. You don't get that often when you get to higher levels (not saying it won't happen, but people usually learn to be a bit more considerate by then... I think. Then again, newer generations seems to be worse and worse these days.)

Anyway. If your party refuses to put on sequencial allocation, quit the party and find another. Or, solo for a bit. I think you can live on quests and clerics solo pretty efficiently at about your level. It'll be a bit slow killing mobs, but it's doable if you can't find nice people.

People that won't put on seq allo for you are just being asses. Don't spend your time on them. xD

A rule to myself is that if anyone is mean to me, then I won't be helping them. As soon as they do something mean, I will stop healing and just leave/ignore them. Only exceptions would be KQ's. I would try and swallow the frustration and still res the noobs that keep dying (though I do threaten not reving them... which makes them even more annoyed LOL!). But that also depends what class they are and if they are really needed in the KQ.

I ressed a mage who called me a noob in the KQ once. I was annoyed at him, but I still ressed him anyway cos I shouldn't give up a mage of the KQ for the sake of everyone else in the KQ. No thanks with that rev, btw. In the end, he blamed me for the failing KQ because I tried to tank rather than heal (truth be told, no one could tank except me, so there was really no choice. I wasn't the only cleric, anyway.)

It's like that, you sort of get used to it. Vent it and bury it. /Manzcar. I do that all the time. xD

Hope you get to meet some better players in game though!!!
Old 08-13-2008, 01:08 PM   #9
Blood Raven
Phino

So basically I am with a bunch of rude children?

I am not really about leveling....(I haven't level in 2 weeks)

I just play for fun like most people I hope/guess. I guess I got to go grind.

Epic Fail. -walks away-

Old 08-13-2008, 01:20 PM   #10
Enraya
WONDERARCHER

Enraya is a splendid one to beholdEnraya is a splendid one to beholdEnraya is a splendid one to beholdEnraya is a splendid one to beholdEnraya is a splendid one to beholdEnraya is a splendid one to beholdEnraya is a splendid one to behold
I met a cleric ...

I knew she was trying very hard.

But the only person she healed was the person that was assigned the tanker. At first, we all told her that the fighter was the tank. When the fighter came back with a mob, I would draw nearly half of that mob, but she never healed me because I wasn't the tank. We've all tried telling her to heal all of us, but she never did. Another person in the party decided to try tanking, but she never healed her either because we never told her that the tank switched.

The cleric told us that she was pretty sure we didn't know how parties worked. A person in the party got mad, quit the party, and in a few hits killed the cleric. We disbanded the party.

At times, there is a reason that people complain about clerics. Even when a cleric thinks that they're doing a good job, maybe it's not enough for others. I've heard clerics say again and again it's not possible to keep xx people alive or it's not possible to draw so many monsters and be kept alive, but it's possible and I have experienced it. Maybe they haven't, but I have, and that's why I don't think it's enough.

That's what separates good clerics from bad clerics. Even if the cleric thinks that they're doing a good job, if in the eyes of others they aren't, then they haven't experienced enough to know what they're doing wrong. If a cleric keeps doing something that dissatisfies whoever they're partying with, then it's no wonder that verbal abuse comes into play. If someone kept failing again and again and again, to the cost of not only one person but an entire party or KQ, how would you react?

Also, bad memories with other clerics come into play ... if people repeatedly party with clerics that don't heal, rez, pay attention etc., then of course they wouldn't like clerics. It just means that clerics need to make a better impression on people.

A cleric is like glue to a party; why else would we expect so much of a cleric?

So no ... not everyone hates clerics. But if there is a person that does, you have to stop and wonder at the reason.

{ enraya ! }
Closed Thread