Remember, you MUST register to post on the Fiesta Fan forums. It's completely free to join. Just click HERE to become a member for free!

REGISTER NOW TO REMOVE ALL ADS ON THIS FORUM!

Closed Thread

Old 01-16-2008, 01:59 PM   #11
FoxyBrown
Boogy

Harpoon Lagoon Champion!Tournaments Won: 4

In-Game Name: FoxyBrown
Current Level: 75
Server: Bijou
FoxyBrown is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by Ethelinde View Post
Its all about supply and demand. Due to the increased drop rates we are making tons more (so those traditionally stingy about spending money on scrolls will now pay for them). One might argue that the increased drop rate also apply for mobs that drop t1 scroll mats, but the thing is that we get past the levels to get low quality sbl from slimes/lizards/vivis fast, so compared to other factors this creates much more buyers than suppliers. Another thing is nowadays noobs are making so much more from the green drops they simply do not care about selling a stack of 50 scrolls for mere 5 silvers overnight. I've visited Elder these past few days and there are virtually nowhere to buy t1 scrolls. t2 scroll prices jumped from 2s to 10s. There is a very simple way to solve these problems (but I dont want to mentioned it and if you do know please do not mention it as well), since competition is bad........... very bad!!!
Anybody who plays and MMORPG should have a basic understanding of economics, especially if you want to try and Merchant. If you don't, try and take a class, or take a look on wiki.

I used to merchant a little bit when I was lvl 18-24. I would teleport to Elderine and buy up all the scrolls I could at 80-100c and then come back to Roumen and sell them for 149-199 a piece. Helped me get some great weaps and armor to grind through to where I am today.

Now I'm able to get the materials for T1 skills more than fast enough on my own, so if I wanted to merchant for a bigger profit I'd have to find another market.

Note: The economy has changed drastically since the update, so i doubt my technique would work anymore. Best thing to do is identify locations where people need things and locations where others have it abundantly. Then buy for a fixed price and sell for more.
Old 01-16-2008, 02:34 PM   #12
Spirit
complete once again

Tournaments Won: 11

In-Game Name: Spirit_of_Water, Spirit_of_Earth, Spirit_of_Fire, Spirit_of_Wind, Spirit_of_Sky
Current Level: Level 101 Guardian, Level 70 Fighter, Level 90 Mage, Level 89 Archer, Level 72 Trickster
Server: Teva
Spirit has disabled reputation
Here is my thoughts on it. If I can set up a shop in Roumen and buy all my supplies at a reasonable price, then I can set up my shop in Elderine and sell at a reasonable price. I buy low and sell low. I still turn a profit, and can sell out of my scrolls relatively fast. This gives me more time to do other things in the game and I am still bringing in a steady profit. I am by no means, the richest person in Isya, but I am making a decent living.

Spirit_of_Water- -Spirit_of_Earth- -Spirit_of_Fire- -Spirit_of_Wind- -Spirit_of_Sky
x101xxxxxxxxxxx70xxxxxxxxxx90xxxxxxxxxx89xxxxxxxxxxx72
Old 01-16-2008, 02:38 PM   #13
FoxyBrown
Boogy

That's pretty close to my philosophy, but I stopped buying. I just get my supplies while grinding.

I sell vit's for 149 or 199 and powers for 199 or 249 depending on my feeling of how fast I want to sell them.
Old 01-16-2008, 02:42 PM   #14
Spirit
complete once again

Tournaments Won: 11

In-Game Name: Spirit_of_Water, Spirit_of_Earth, Spirit_of_Fire, Spirit_of_Wind, Spirit_of_Sky
Current Level: Level 101 Guardian, Level 70 Fighter, Level 90 Mage, Level 89 Archer, Level 72 Trickster
Server: Teva
Spirit has disabled reputation
Yeah, and it is easy for me to set my buying shop up while I am at work, so when I get home, if I did not get d/c, then usually my buying shops are empty. Then when I go to bed, I set my shop up again, depending on if I wanna buy or sell. So, I have the time available to waste buying mats. This leaves my evenings for playing and not buying or selling.

Spirit_of_Water- -Spirit_of_Earth- -Spirit_of_Fire- -Spirit_of_Wind- -Spirit_of_Sky
x101xxxxxxxxxxx70xxxxxxxxxx90xxxxxxxxxx89xxxxxxxxxxx72
Old 01-16-2008, 02:49 PM   #15
jacquin
Bored Imp

jacquin is on a distinguished road
Funny thing about the prices, at least in Bijou.

1st, I noticed the price raise. At one point, there was a lack of scrolls. Meanwhile, people selling at 200, even 300c were making some sales. When you buy a 300c scroll, the merchants notice. I know I did, which lead me to start buying out 100c scrolls and selling for 175c. It also helped that I reached T2 on decomp, so now I can use SBLs and convert them to SBLlq.

Thing is, I think alot of people noticed the uptick in scroll demand. Now I'm seeing masses of folks selling them. I nearly went broke trying to buy all of someone's 80c scrolls. Now I'm seeing scrolls everywhere.

Along with that, there's still a high profit for making the things. If you buy the mats at the highest price I've seen people buy at (SBL at 50c while Leather at 15c) you still end up paying 115-145c to make the scroll, and I doubt most people are buying the mats at those prices. The point? High profit on an item + high supply = plenty of room and reason for the price to go down.

While Inflation does hit MMOs, I don't think 200c scrolls are the future. The price is in flux, between rich people temping merchants by paying 350c for a scroll and the mass of scrolls being produced and sold, but I believe the prices will drop to around 125-150 with some 100c scattered about.
Old 01-16-2008, 03:49 PM   #16
FoxyBrown
Boogy

I think one of the things that is unique about Fiesta is that a lot of the items you buy from players (such as scrolls and pots) can only be bought from other players. There is no way to NPC buy a scroll or pot. Elrue yes... but for 270c??? Who is going to pay that? Because you can't just go get the item for a set ceiling price, it is going to have more flux.

For instance, lets say you just got a piece of standard armor from a quest, but you buy an enhanced version. Now you try to sell off the standard piece. Certainly you can't expect to sell it for as much or more than somebody can buy it from the NPC. Imagine if this was the case for scrolls. Then they would never sell for above a certain amount.
Old 01-16-2008, 04:44 PM   #17
Yosei
Corgi Addict

In-Game Name: Cubyrop(WoW)
Current Level: 85
Server: Maelstrom
Yosei has much to be proud ofYosei has much to be proud ofYosei has much to be proud ofYosei has much to be proud ofYosei has much to be proud ofYosei has much to be proud ofYosei has much to be proud ofYosei has much to be proud ofYosei has much to be proud of
Send a message via AIM to Yosei Send a message via Yahoo to Yosei
This economy is ran by little pre-teens I swear(no offense if anyone here is a preteen). As items become more common, the prices go up? o.O They should be going DOWN.
Old 01-16-2008, 05:21 PM   #18
FoxyBrown
Boogy

Well the economy is really just a composition of the people in it.

I used to go around in Roumen and buy up ALL of the scrolls that were being sold for less than I wanted to sell them for, and THEN open up shop. If you have all of something, then you can sell it for whatever you want (until more people come along with their own scrolls).

Am I a preteen? No. Is what I did wrong? I'd rather think it is clever. Besides, I wasn't making that much of a profit off of it.. and those selling to me were making their money.

Was it annoying to those that wanted scrolls right then? Probably. But more likely than not the urge to have a scroll outweighed the extra 49c they were giving to me.

It's the same thing with anything else you buy in the real world. Sure you could make it yourself, but it's less effort, time and energy to just pay somebody else for it, and if the only one you can buy is a few cents more than you'd like to pay you'll still buy it if you really need it.
Old 01-16-2008, 06:47 PM   #19
iDerrick
Symphony

Tournaments Won: 2

iDerrick has a brilliant futureiDerrick has a brilliant futureiDerrick has a brilliant futureiDerrick has a brilliant futureiDerrick has a brilliant futureiDerrick has a brilliant futureiDerrick has a brilliant futureiDerrick has a brilliant futureiDerrick has a brilliant futureiDerrick has a brilliant futureiDerrick has a brilliant future
I still see a lot of T1 scrolls in eld for 200c, where have you been? xD
Old 01-16-2008, 08:08 PM   #20
MaxOff
Zombie

MaxOff will become famous soon enoughMaxOff will become famous soon enough
Quote:
This economy is ran by little pre-teens I swear(no offense if anyone here is a preteen). As items become more common, the prices go up? o.O They should be going DOWN.
Nope, i expected rising prices.

Most people forget that a the mayor part of the item drops will be npced, and so becomes money.

That means witht he rise of the drops, the amount of money rised too. The problem is that most of the item are npced, thus increasing money more then the avaible items.

The result: items become more and more worth. Best tatic to become rich? Buy Items, alot of them. With time the sell prices will rise.