Remember, you MUST register to post on the Fiesta Fan forums. It's completely free to join. Just click HERE to become a member for free!

REGISTER NOW TO REMOVE ALL ADS ON THIS FORUM!

Closed Thread

Old 08-03-2007, 06:19 AM   #21
Ash
Slow Slime

In-Game Name: Arbitres
Current Level: 16
Ash is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to Ash Send a message via MSN to Ash

I really see little point to putting in a lot of END for a Mage. You could argue of course that it adds a little more defense and HP, but isn't the point of being a Mage to not get hit?
Anyway, I'm really starting to get the feeling that I should restart my Mage, because I powered up Magic Missle. *Sigh*
Old 08-03-2007, 11:35 AM   #22
Antagonist
King Crab

Server: Teva
Antagonist is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by Ash View Post
I really see little point to putting in a lot of END for a Mage. You could argue of course that it adds a little more defense and HP, but isn't the point of being a Mage to not get hit?
Anyway, I'm really starting to get the feeling that I should restart my Mage, because I powered up Magic Missle. *Sigh*
Hey there. I didn't notice you joined.

Anyway, unless you mean you raised it's basic attack power, I think you're fine. I put 5 points into lowering its cooldown and spam it as my main attack. I find that I'm in action a lot more than mages without it since it's nearly instant-cast.
Old 08-03-2007, 01:06 PM   #23
Ash
Slow Slime

In-Game Name: Arbitres
Current Level: 16
Ash is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to Ash Send a message via MSN to Ash
Unfortunately, that's exactly what I did. So much for firepower over speed.
Anyway, my new Mage is level 4 and I've already put one point into lowering the cooldown of Magic Missle.
Old 08-16-2007, 05:35 PM   #24
Yosei
Corgi Addict

In-Game Name: Cubyrop(WoW)
Current Level: 85
Server: Maelstrom
Yosei has much to be proud ofYosei has much to be proud ofYosei has much to be proud ofYosei has much to be proud ofYosei has much to be proud ofYosei has much to be proud ofYosei has much to be proud ofYosei has much to be proud ofYosei has much to be proud of
Send a message via AIM to Yosei Send a message via Yahoo to Yosei
Its like that for almost all MMOs. Its not that they need to decrease the amount of damage, its the time it takes before you can cast the spell again. Or give us more spells.
Old 08-16-2007, 07:09 PM   #25
Bao
Grave Robber

Tournaments Won: 10

Bao is on a distinguished road
Simply put, if you don't like a mage, don't play it.

=]
Old 08-17-2007, 12:33 PM   #26
WhoIsShaun
Mushroom Fighter

WhoIsShaun is on a distinguished road
Uh just my opinion but mages should have an auto cast like in WOW. Mages do something called wanding which is pretty much a magic bolt of energy I guess kinda like an archer auto shooting his arrow accept it looks cooler. That would make mages a lot better and even out the auto attacking. Just because of the archers auto attack and fast dps im thinking of going archer instead of mage because even though mages can pump out a lot more instant dps an archer does constant damage which in the long run is kinda better especially for pvp id love to be able to constantly be doing dps on someone even when im not casting skills.
Old 08-18-2007, 04:30 PM   #27
Neem
Slime

In-Game Name: Neem
Current Level: 12
Neem is on a distinguished road
Could someone tell a bit of a noob about these points to shorten the cooldown time on spells pls, i'd really appreciate it... ty
Old 08-23-2007, 11:14 PM   #28
Meteo
Mini Pinky

In-Game Name: Meteo
Current Level: dis hat maid of yellow kek~
Meteo will become famous soon enough
Originally Posted by JimJimster View Post
i guess im all alone on this one lol

another point is that almost nobody buys skill lvl upgrades for magic missle either, so maybe ill settle for making magic missle lvl 1 auto repeating

watever ill just hav to deal with it then
If you've done all of the cooldown/sp cost empowerments any level of Magic Missile is still extremely effecicient compared to the other 3 starting spells of the same level.

If you're trying to maximize DMG/SP cost that's one way those spells are useful. I sure as hell get them.

I fully empower MM before messing with the other spells. If i can one shot any enemy with say MM4 or MM5, I would rather do it with it, then with other more SP costly spell.

Also think if you're farming what would you rather do. (these are just examples, not meant to be completely proportional to what u do IG)

MM1, MM1, MM1, MM1, MM1 --> dead mob.
or
MM1,MM1,MM4 --> dead mob
or you could always
Fr4,IC4, -- dead mob, but have to shroom soon.

Anyway this last part was stupid, the big point is that, well spend the EP where you are most likely to use them, depending on your playing style.
Old 10-02-2007, 11:09 PM   #29
hansmartin
Speedy Slime

In-Game Name: Skylar/Fridatte
Server: Teva
hansmartin is on a distinguished road
I don't really look at this as a problem, honestly. They take that much damage before I don't actually care...
Old 10-03-2007, 12:53 AM   #30
MagesRequiem
Archon

MagesRequiem is on a distinguished road
The only major problem Mages have is cool down time. It takes way too long for the good spells. I'd actually like to use those higher leveled Magic Missiles (and Fire Bolt) I bought without dying because I couldn't cast it for a while. And the sad thing is, is that even when you decrease the cool down time for spells it still takes too long. Its bad enough we can't take hits very well or even at all.

But we also can't cast decent spells that fast either. One thing I would like for them to add is lowered cool down time on spells (all of them) and allow us to use shields with wands. Staves, I can understand not being able to use a shield. But wands? I just can't. Just switch the stats around for wands and staves that way we can get a bit of extra defense in place of extra power.
Closed Thread