Remember, you MUST register to post on the Fiesta Fan forums. It's completely free to join. Just click HERE to become a member for free!

REGISTER NOW TO REMOVE ALL ADS ON THIS FORUM!

Closed Thread

Old 07-30-2007, 02:50 PM   #11
JimJimster
Little Hob

In-Game Name: JimJimster:HawkShot
Current Level: 2x:2x
JimJimster is on a distinguished road

id be up for that as well, i use wands

this is the reason im gonna do full end mage because we cant tank with an auto attack that does 11 damage
Old 08-02-2007, 06:52 AM   #12
Antagonist
King Crab

Server: Teva
Antagonist is on a distinguished road
I don't really see any need to go full END. END is good for AoE, but even putting all of your points into it is far too much. Later on, you'll want to party up with a tank and a cleric. You won't be getting hit as much, so it defeats the purpose of getting END as a mage, anyway. If you're going to solo a lot, it wouldn't hurt, but I don't see many mages solo-ing at a high level.

On another note, Magic Missile works very well. We don't really need a ranged auto-attack.
Old 08-02-2007, 12:58 PM   #13
+Tequila+
Blue Clover Trumpy

In-Game Name: Braver
Current Level: 126
Server: Wildlands(PvP)
+Tequila+ will become famous soon enough+Tequila+ will become famous soon enough
Send a message via AIM to +Tequila+ Send a message via MSN to +Tequila+
Like alot of people have said before me...using magic missle on lvl 1 cancels out the need of a ranged standard attack..You simply use magic missile lvl 1 for pvp/pve and spam it since its recharge is like 1-2 seconds or so if im thinking correctly.

Jade Dynasty:Braver:13X:Balo
-Heaven Alliance Captain:Stardust Marshall-
Old 08-02-2007, 02:24 PM   #14
Valentines
Will you be mine ?

In-Game Name: DieRomantiic
Current Level: 20
Valentines has much to be proud ofValentines has much to be proud ofValentines has much to be proud ofValentines has much to be proud ofValentines has much to be proud ofValentines has much to be proud ofValentines has much to be proud ofValentines has much to be proud of
^ True .
Old 08-02-2007, 09:22 PM   #15
Lune
Slime

Lune is on a distinguished road
This is the price of being a mage. it is like this in every reasonable game. There's no reason to have wands that do moves that don't cost any sp as default, it's not what a mage is about. A mage is about high output of damage with skills. We don't have defensive capabilities, we don't have useless default moves...all because we have our spells. MM level 1 is your "melee," or your "arrow." =]

Also, an END build mage is useless. utterly useless. I've tested it. AoE mage? lawl...you wanna go and start AoEing the only mobs that give decent exp at the higher levels and see if you don't get one hit even with full END? Or how about the fact not only will one still one hit you, but you have mobs of them on you. It's just pointless at high levels. =p

Last edited by Lune; 08-02-2007 at 09:25 PM..
Old 08-02-2007, 09:56 PM   #16
Rightclaw
DFO has my heart <3

Tournaments Won: 1

In-Game Name: Yuki ^o^
Current Level: Yuki ^o^
Server: Yuki ^o^
Rightclaw has disabled reputation
Send a message via MSN to Rightclaw
Originally Posted by Lune View Post
This is the price of being a mage. it is like this in every reasonable game. There's no reason to have wands that do moves that don't cost any sp as default, it's not what a mage is about. A mage is about high output of damage with skills. We don't have defensive capabilities, we don't have useless default moves...all because we have our spells. MM level 1 is your "melee," or your "arrow." =]

Also, an END build mage is useless. utterly useless. I've tested it. AoE mage? lawl...you wanna go and start AoEing the only mobs that give decent exp at the higher levels and see if you don't get one hit even with full END? Or how about the fact not only will one still one hit you, but you have mobs of them on you. It's just pointless at high levels. =p
There's a vid of a Mage AoE'ing spiders. It was alot of them too. o_O

EDIT: I tried to find that vid, and I couldn't find it. ._.

Last edited by Rightclaw; 08-02-2007 at 10:03 PM..
Old 08-02-2007, 11:10 PM   #17
Antagonist
King Crab

Originally Posted by Rightclaw View Post
There's a vid of a Mage AoE'ing spiders. It was alot of them too. o_O

EDIT: I tried to find that vid, and I couldn't find it. ._.
I'm pretty sure that by the time your AoE and END are decent enough to mob spiders, they'll only be half-decent for EXP.

Try an END mage and AoE mobs in Collapsed Prison.
Old 08-02-2007, 11:25 PM   #18
+Tequila+
Blue Clover Trumpy

In-Game Name: Braver
Current Level: 126
Server: Wildlands(PvP)
+Tequila+ will become famous soon enough+Tequila+ will become famous soon enough
Send a message via AIM to +Tequila+ Send a message via MSN to +Tequila+
Originally Posted by Antagonist View Post
I'm pretty sure that by the time your AoE and END are decent enough to mob spiders, they'll only be half-decent for EXP.

Try an END mage and AoE mobs in Collapsed Prison.
lol you cant aoe mobs in prison....if you pull a group with a bat harkan an ogre in it u = pwned lol

Jade Dynasty:Braver:13X:Balo
-Heaven Alliance Captain:Stardust Marshall-
Old 08-03-2007, 12:50 AM   #19
Antagonist
King Crab

Originally Posted by +Tequila+ View Post
lol you cant aoe mobs in prison....if you pull a group with a bat harkan an ogre in it u = pwned lol
It was sarcasm, but thanks for pointing out the consequences of doing that. =P

At any rate, you use AoE spells in a party. Since Mages hardly ever solo at higher levels, there's no point in getting END. At all.

The main stat you should be pumping is INT, and maybe SPR if you want to crit more, get a little more SP, and make use of your magic defense. We have very little need for END, because we shouldn't be getting hit anyway (even when we're pulling monsters). We're damage dealers and masters of magic - both offensively and defensively.

Anyway, I think it's safe to say that Magic Missile is your bread and butter for an "auto attack". Sure, you have to spend 3 SP and manually press the button everytime, but consider that you already have extremely high SP and 3 of it is a very small fraction. I find it more useful than an auto attack, anyway. With its cooldown at 1.3 seconds, I attack at nearly the same speed an archer with a crossbow does.

Last edited by Antagonist; 08-03-2007 at 01:00 AM..
Old 08-03-2007, 02:45 AM   #20
Rightclaw
DFO has my heart <3

Tournaments Won: 1

In-Game Name: Yuki ^o^
Current Level: Yuki ^o^
Server: Yuki ^o^
Rightclaw has disabled reputation
Send a message via MSN to Rightclaw
My Mage is 4:1 End:Int. I'll prolly test it myself before I scrap this character.

That's if I ever get the balls to grind to 31 v.v