Remember, you MUST register to post on the Fiesta Fan forums. It's completely free to join. Just click HERE to become a member for free!

REGISTER NOW TO REMOVE ALL ADS ON THIS FORUM!

Closed Thread

Old 01-23-2008, 02:50 AM   #21
Yosei
Corgi Addict

In-Game Name: Cubyrop(WoW)
Current Level: 85
Server: Maelstrom
Yosei has much to be proud ofYosei has much to be proud ofYosei has much to be proud ofYosei has much to be proud ofYosei has much to be proud ofYosei has much to be proud ofYosei has much to be proud ofYosei has much to be proud ofYosei has much to be proud of
Send a message via AIM to Yosei Send a message via Yahoo to Yosei

Originally Posted by marvin View Post
i am a mage and i think that the mage class is the second strongest class when it comes to one on one battle. i belong to famous PvPer guild in BK and our strongest players are our mages.

there is an area in BK where the use of scrolls and pots is restricted (only stones are allowed). i was level 75 when i fought against level 90+ fighters of a strong guild (who won in the first guild tournament) there and i'm proud to say that i won against them.

i wont reveal my battle tactics (although you can easily figure it out if you watch me fight against other players), but there is a tried and tested way for mages to win a battle in 16 seconds or less.

how you configure your skills plays a very important part in winning. another, of course, is your equipment. i am an INT mage, and the INT of all my equipment is over 30. i used to be a full INT mage, but i decided to put 25 to SPR since criticals and luck usually make or break a battle.

i'll try to post my shortcut bar to show you what skills i use (and strengthen), and i hope it can help you in deciding your skill configuration to help you win against other players
Then again, pvp in these two games may be different. Cuz note, we don't have the buffs that all of the classes get in BK, our only form of pvp is guild wars, which can EASILY be unequal. Also.. greens don't drop as often in Outsparks Fiesta. I didn't get my first green mage armor til my 60s. And most people can't even afford them.
Even some of the best mages in Outsparks Fiesta get completely owned by fighters.
Idk.. I just think its so easy for one to outbuff the other thus making the fight impossible for some.

Also.. lightning stuns in BK, and not in Outsparks version.
Old 01-23-2008, 02:32 PM   #22
toolrocket
Baby Bat

In-Game Name: toolrocket
Current Level: 6x
Server: teva
toolrocket has a spectacular aura abouttoolrocket has a spectacular aura about
lighting stuns? wtf outspark?
Old 01-23-2008, 02:44 PM   #23
-Leona-
Speedy Boogy

In-Game Name: StarLeona
Current Level: Capped
Server: Teva
-Leona- will become famous soon enough
Send a message via AIM to -Leona-
When u fight against a mag +9 armor or shield are useless, the reason y is obvious, enhancing only improves physical defence not magic defence as well THEREFORE having a +9 armor doesn't help.

ALSO when u fight a mage THE AXE is your best friend ^^

StarLeona lvl 7x Fighter
Guild Master of Serenity
DD full str Axe Fighter 1.3k+ Defence
REMEMBER THIS NAME cuz ONE DAY WILL BE LEGEND
Old 01-23-2008, 03:45 PM   #24
Yosei
Corgi Addict

Yosei has much to be proud ofYosei has much to be proud ofYosei has much to be proud ofYosei has much to be proud ofYosei has much to be proud ofYosei has much to be proud ofYosei has much to be proud ofYosei has much to be proud ofYosei has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by toolrocket View Post
lighting stuns? wtf outspark?
Yup, if fully empowered on duration, it lasts about 3 seconds.
Old 01-25-2008, 03:54 AM   #25
Patchouli
Honeying

In-Game Name: Patchouli
Current Level: 79 (Mage)
Server: Retired from Fiesta
Patchouli will become famous soon enough
Stifle is LOL.

Tried warring my entire guild with a cleric, and apparantly Stifle also disables the person's stones/pots.

Edit: maybe not, perhaps the cleric I kept stifling and shooting is mistaken, or just really bad at stone/potting.

Last edited by Patchouli; 01-26-2008 at 03:03 PM.. Reason: Dumb cleric... I think.
Old 01-25-2008, 04:02 AM   #26
Yosei
Corgi Addict

Mages definitely own in BK. I wish Outspark gave us all the same skills and effects =/
Old 01-25-2008, 01:13 PM   #27
Ethelinde
Skeleton Archer

In-Game Name: ???
Current Level: 105
Server: A Server With Slimes In It
Ethelinde is on a distinguished road
An out of topic question. But Yosei is the Kanji in your sig supposed to be "妖精" (meaning fairy) instead?
Old 01-25-2008, 03:11 PM   #28
Yosei
Corgi Addict

My computer sucks with writing stuff out it appears, it doesn't like me <.< It's supposed to be Yousei, yeah, meaning fairy.
Old 02-18-2008, 06:56 PM   #29
Uklyvian
Prock Zone

Tournaments Won: 1

In-Game Name: Uklyvian/Will/Nachito
Current Level: 8x/7x/6x
Server: Teva
Uklyvian is infamous around these parts
I agree with mages being a weak pvp class. I think archers are the next most squishy. I have gone 1v1 with level 66 mages and won. It is all about the speed of the battle though. With fighters lack of magic defense, if I get feared I get owned. But if i am able to stun the mage it goes down. Axe is totally the best friend here. With the fast damage a mage can deal you have to be able to do the same. Archers however, dont do nearly as much damage, they just have a few really painful debuffs. 120 damage a second or something for 60+. And with their high evasion, they are harder to hit. But mages are easy to hit, and can take hits. PvP is not their strong point.
Old 02-19-2008, 06:06 AM   #30
WizardsRequiem
Mara Pirates

WizardsRequiem is infamous around these partsWizardsRequiem is infamous around these partsWizardsRequiem is infamous around these partsWizardsRequiem is infamous around these partsWizardsRequiem is infamous around these parts
I don't know about you or anyone else but I think Mages rock in this game (when it comes to PvP at least). In fact, I distinctly remember one Guild War I was in that I just dominated. I was level 24 or close to that and we went up against a Guild that had a few level 20s and two level 30s. One of the level 30 guys was a Fighter and the other was a Cleric. Anyways, I was dispatching most of the level 20s with relative ease and then came the level 30s. The Cleric I only managed to kill once and i'm still not sure how I did it but I killed that level 30 Fighter several times.

I had to spam my stones and potions like crazy but it was well worth it when I practically dominated the entire Guild by myself. Eventually my Guild stopped but I kept going and then their Guild stopped (sort of) and they all just ran off. It was the happiest moment of my Fiesta life to see them run away from me or die by my hands. Of course, I can no longer do that but it was fun while it lasted. There really is no strategy or trick to it. Just spam the hell out of potions, stones, and spells. Oh and of course... having a Cleric around helps a lot too, lol.
Closed Thread