Remember, you MUST register to post on the Fiesta Fan forums. It's completely free to join. Just click HERE to become a member for free!

REGISTER NOW TO REMOVE ALL ADS ON THIS FORUM!

Closed Thread

Old 01-13-2008, 12:12 PM   #21
-Leona-
Speedy Boogy

In-Game Name: StarLeona
Current Level: Capped
Server: Teva
-Leona- will become famous soon enough
Send a message via AIM to -Leona-

Quote:
I am not a mage thats like "*twitch* must... have... more...DAMAGE!"

LMAO.......omg yosei that was so funny LMAO
Old 01-13-2008, 05:19 PM   #22
Spirit
complete once again

Tournaments Won: 11

In-Game Name: Spirit_of_Water, Spirit_of_Earth, Spirit_of_Fire, Spirit_of_Wind, Spirit_of_Sky
Current Level: Level 101 Guardian, Level 70 Fighter, Level 90 Mage, Level 89 Archer, Level 72 Trickster
Spirit has disabled reputation
Originally Posted by wackyboi View Post
I think some people are forgetting that they don't have to follow the guide like a bible, and do exactly what it says. Things can be adjusted depending on playing style.
So true. My build is almost identical to Yosei's, yet I do not care about SP consumption, so none of my skill empowerments have been to SP anything. I put them all in cooldown or power increase. It just depends on your playing style.

Spirit_of_Water- -Spirit_of_Earth- -Spirit_of_Fire- -Spirit_of_Wind- -Spirit_of_Sky
x101xxxxxxxxxxx70xxxxxxxxxx90xxxxxxxxxx89xxxxxxxxxxx72
Old 01-14-2008, 01:33 PM   #23
Ethelinde
Skeleton Archer

In-Game Name: ???
Current Level: 105
Server: A Server With Slimes In It
Ethelinde is on a distinguished road
I thought of the SP investment as a rather bad choice due to the availability of life tap (mages solo'ing at higher levels just won't work well enough). You either duo with a cleric (tap/rest after the mob dies) or the tank take hits in AoE grinding, so health is generally not a concern associated with using LT. Aside from Burst/Fire other skills atm are rather useless any higher than l1, so the consumption are low as well (until you hit 49-70). P.s. so far I've been able to tap and kill nonstop duoing with a cleric. If the cleric is stingy simply throw a few silvers to cover for his/her stones (50 stones will last about 4-6 hours for my case) =)
Old 01-14-2008, 02:03 PM   #24
Spirit
complete once again

In-Game Name: Spirit_of_Water, Spirit_of_Earth, Spirit_of_Fire, Spirit_of_Wind, Spirit_of_Sky
Current Level: Level 101 Guardian, Level 70 Fighter, Level 90 Mage, Level 89 Archer, Level 72 Trickster
I never even bought the life-tap skill. To me (AND this is just MY opinion), it should not be the cleric's job to keep my HP full when I am just draining it to restock my SP. The cleric shoud be concentrating on the tank. I can just as easily hit a stone or pot. However, I also need to point out that I do not "heavy grind". We take our time, we talk, we take down one mob at a time, sometimes two and on occasion three. So, I have time to shroom up and restock for free.

Spirit_of_Water- -Spirit_of_Earth- -Spirit_of_Fire- -Spirit_of_Wind- -Spirit_of_Sky
Old 01-14-2008, 05:31 PM   #25
Yosei
Corgi Addict

In-Game Name: Cubyrop(WoW)
Current Level: 85
Server: Maelstrom
Yosei has much to be proud ofYosei has much to be proud ofYosei has much to be proud ofYosei has much to be proud ofYosei has much to be proud ofYosei has much to be proud ofYosei has much to be proud ofYosei has much to be proud ofYosei has much to be proud of
Send a message via AIM to Yosei Send a message via Yahoo to Yosei
Originally Posted by Ethelinde View Post
I thought of the SP investment as a rather bad choice due to the availability of life tap (mages solo'ing at higher levels just won't work well enough). You either duo with a cleric (tap/rest after the mob dies) or the tank take hits in AoE grinding, so health is generally not a concern associated with using LT. Aside from Burst/Fire other skills atm are rather useless any higher than l1, so the consumption are low as well (until you hit 49-70). P.s. so far I've been able to tap and kill nonstop duoing with a cleric. If the cleric is stingy simply throw a few silvers to cover for his/her stones (50 stones will last about 4-6 hours for my case) =)
At higher levels.. it'll benefit you. I don't use life tap, because if you use all higher levels its really only good for 2-3 extra skills. And a lot of clerics dislike life tap. Its like boy who cried wolf story.
When I grind, and I mean long grinds, without using Nova frost, I use about 2-4/81 stones. And with nova frost(with sp decrease) I use about 20/81. So I won't have to restone quite yet when I'm done grinding, so... all the money I made from drops from that grind just go to my savings =D
1 SP stone for me costs about 220c. that x 81 = about 17s.

Last edited by Yosei; 01-14-2008 at 05:34 PM..
Old 01-14-2008, 05:34 PM   #26
FoxyBrown
Boogy

Harpoon Lagoon Champion!Tournaments Won: 4

In-Game Name: FoxyBrown
Current Level: 75
Server: Bijou
FoxyBrown is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by Spirit View Post
I never even bought the life-tap skill. To me (AND this is just MY opinion), it should not be the cleric's job to keep my HP full when I am just draining it to restock my SP. The cleric shoud be concentrating on the tank. I can just as easily hit a stone or pot. However, I also need to point out that I do not "heavy grind". We take our time, we talk, we take down one mob at a time, sometimes two and on occasion three. So, I have time to shroom up and restock for free.
I definitely AM the mage who wants more DAMAGE! I put my first 35 points into INT. Now I'm building on SPR to get my critical up.

I also never bought life-tap. Since I usually have trouble finding a party (and when I do I'm with lower levels and wind up tanking - yes tanking as a mage lol!) I solo a lot and find that it's easier just to pot when i have to rather than risk giving up HP.
Old 01-14-2008, 05:47 PM   #27
Yosei
Corgi Addict

In-Game Name: Cubyrop(WoW)
Current Level: 85
Server: Maelstrom
Yosei has much to be proud ofYosei has much to be proud ofYosei has much to be proud ofYosei has much to be proud ofYosei has much to be proud ofYosei has much to be proud ofYosei has much to be proud ofYosei has much to be proud ofYosei has much to be proud of
Send a message via AIM to Yosei Send a message via Yahoo to Yosei
I get a lot of party invites from lower levels too. Buuut I refuse to join parties tha are significantly lower than me. Unless its a friend and im helping them. But I need a good tank that can handle my damage.
Old 01-14-2008, 06:29 PM   #28
islenska
Slime

In-Game Name: islenska
Current Level: 4x
Server: Bijou
islenska is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by Ethelinde View Post
P.s. so far I've been able to tap and kill nonstop duoing with a cleric. If the cleric is stingy simply throw a few silvers to cover for his/her stones (50 stones will last about 4-6 hours for my case) =)
i just find that we might not always be able to grind with a cleric, moreover a cleric who can stay with you throughout your grinding session. i dont know how wld clerics feel but im just afriad it might seem like we're "using" them just to keep us alive only and also, speaking frm the perspective of a lower lv mage like me, i've drawn aggro quite often frm tankers already even when im not a pure int mage.. im putting more pts to spr frm here onwards.

Bijou Server
Lv4x WizMage - islenska
Lv2x Cleric - Crystallis
Lv1x Fighter - xPainex
Old 01-14-2008, 07:10 PM   #29
Ethelinde
Skeleton Archer

In-Game Name: ???
Current Level: 105
Server: A Server With Slimes In It
Ethelinde is on a distinguished road
I think of the matter this way: A cleric healing a mage using life tap is MUCH MUCH cheaper than a mage spamming his/her own sp stones. As I've mentioned I'm willing to cover for the expense involving the stones, and just to give an idea, before the cleric's sp run out he/she will be able to refill the mage's sp bar many many times via life tap. My thoughts about all the tanking and stuff..... I dislike fighters, (I prefer to just duo and take hits myself, hence I duo unless a fighter is absolutely necessary, as with tanking bosses, etc). A mage with a cleric (not one that falls asleep every 3 minutes) can easily survive mobs at their level, and the exp is not worth sharing with a tank... they simply slow you down so much and a large percentage of them are massive failures at what they do, at least the ones I've encountered (so the cleric will all of a sudden get a surprise from the mob switching targets, and most likely if without fast reactions let the new target die).

And about clerics being "used"..... I think of that idea as absurd. My cleric friends prefer to party with a mage more so than any other classes. The exp gain and drop they get is far better than when they party with a tank. Essentially speaking this benefits both characters involved - the cleric get the exp/drops they want for keeping the mage alive and the mage do not have to stop and rest. I've partied mages griding in uruga/aew/fos/ with my cleric and they usually do not have to use sp stones at all with me around... and 50+ stones on my part last a very long time, the drops I get more than enough covers for the sp stones I've burned. The mage (Dignity to be exact, and I do not care what opinion some players have of him) I've partied at random used maybe a few hp stones when we are mobbed by 3 monsters at once, but aside from that as a mage he take them out one at a time rather fast.... and just another thing to point out... Isn't it obvious that a cleric have to heal when duoing anyway, and life tap's hp is so easy to cover for one heal would be enough (you're talking about a mage with a very very short hp bar here).
Old 01-14-2008, 07:28 PM   #30
Spirit
complete once again

And that is fine if that is your playing style (I have nothing against it). Everyone has there own way of preferring to play. I just tend to party with the same people all the time and they are almost always all members of my guild, and I prefer to let the clerics tend to the tanks. Which we always have one, simply becuse they are our friends and fellow guild members.
I may view it differently if I partied with randoms, however, I really don't think I would. Life Tap to me is just not a skill I prefer to use. Not to mention, the cleric I am normally partied with is Loki (my mother).

Closed Thread