Remember, you MUST register to post on the Fiesta Fan forums. It's completely free to join. Just click HERE to become a member for free!

REGISTER NOW TO REMOVE ALL ADS ON THIS FORUM!

Closed Thread

Old 12-05-2007, 05:52 AM   #1
Renamon!
Mushroom

In-Game Name: Renamon
Current Level: Lv. 21 WizMage
Server: Apoline
Renamon! is on a distinguished road
My 2 : 1 Mage

I didn't bother searching, for newbs dont search!
BUT ANYWAYSW!!

How does a 2INT, 1SPR mage sound?

As in level 2 Int... then put a point into spr.

But once my SPR like reaches (+15), I'll stop training SPR and put the rest in INT lewl.

Any suggestions, objections?

P.S
Renamon's paws were incredibly huge for the keyboard and mouse, so e-shining myself was kinda flawed e.g signature pic ^__^

P.S.S As pink as my posts may be, and my love for everyone might seem, I am a guy IRL, I am not registered for any dating service.. kkthxbai<3<3

Old 12-05-2007, 06:14 AM   #2
Yosei
Corgi Addict

In-Game Name: Cubyrop(WoW)
Current Level: 85
Server: Maelstrom
Yosei has much to be proud ofYosei has much to be proud ofYosei has much to be proud ofYosei has much to be proud ofYosei has much to be proud ofYosei has much to be proud ofYosei has much to be proud ofYosei has much to be proud ofYosei has much to be proud of
Send a message via AIM to Yosei Send a message via Yahoo to Yosei
It sounds fine. But once you get SPR to 25, just go ahead and put the rest all into INT.
Old 12-05-2007, 11:12 AM   #3
.o0O0O0o.
Robo

Tournaments Won: 1

In-Game Name: Aelfis
Current Level: 43
Server: teva
.o0O0O0o. is on a distinguished road
Like Yosei mentioned, dump into SPR til 25 then rest in INT. Reason is up to 25, SPR will give you .2% crit then after it'll only give you .1% crit. So make the most of it.

Wruh - level 26 Cleric
Oniruka- level 11 Fighter (vendor)
click here to spank me!! NOW!!
Old 12-05-2007, 01:14 PM   #4
MagesRequiem
Archon

MagesRequiem is on a distinguished road
I'm not really fond of that build but if thats what you want then you need to just dump 25 points into SPR and then the rest into INT. But for me? I prefer just a pure INT build. ^.^
Old 12-05-2007, 01:52 PM   #5
Spirit
complete once again

Tournaments Won: 11

In-Game Name: Spirit_of_Water, Spirit_of_Earth, Spirit_of_Fire, Spirit_of_Wind, Spirit_of_Sky
Current Level: Level 101 Guardian, Level 70 Fighter, Level 90 Mage, Level 89 Archer, Level 72 Trickster
Server: Teva
Spirit has disabled reputation
There always seemed to be a lot of posts about this issue, and I think that is great because it helps people out who dont know all that there is to know about builds. My thing is I see a lot of "put 25 into SPR and the rest into INT" or "everything into INT".

So, since this issue has been brought up again, I wanted to here from some high level mages on their opinions on those two.....

I am willing to pay for a stat reset and reset a few of my points if I have to. I have put almost everything into INT and just a few into SPR. I am not really worried about getting my SP number really high, I will pot and stone when I need it, which is why I have been putting almost everything into INT.
But, how crucial is the crit. with SPR?

Spirit_of_Water- -Spirit_of_Earth- -Spirit_of_Fire- -Spirit_of_Wind- -Spirit_of_Sky
x101xxxxxxxxxxx70xxxxxxxxxx90xxxxxxxxxx89xxxxxxxxxxx72
Old 12-05-2007, 01:59 PM   #6
MagesRequiem
Archon

MagesRequiem is on a distinguished road
Well, from what I noticed I leveled up faster with pure INT than I did with INT/SPR because I killed things faster. That 5% critical isn't much even if you do spam spells. 5% out of 100% is nothing and unless you've got good Earrings and a good weapon it won't help out much. Besides, if a person with the same equipment but pure INT goes against someone with INT/SPR the pure INT Mage will win. Why? Because they'll do more damage than an INT/SPR Mage and when they get a critical it'll be more than that of the INT/SPR Mage. The INT/SPR has just a very small minor chance of getting a critical more often than that of the pure INT Mage with the same equipment.
Old 12-05-2007, 03:04 PM   #7
Yosei
Corgi Addict

In-Game Name: Cubyrop(WoW)
Current Level: 85
Server: Maelstrom
Yosei has much to be proud ofYosei has much to be proud ofYosei has much to be proud ofYosei has much to be proud ofYosei has much to be proud ofYosei has much to be proud ofYosei has much to be proud ofYosei has much to be proud ofYosei has much to be proud of
Send a message via AIM to Yosei Send a message via Yahoo to Yosei
Originally Posted by Spirit View Post
There always seemed to be a lot of posts about this issue, and I think that is great because it helps people out who dont know all that there is to know about builds. My thing is I see a lot of "put 25 into SPR and the rest into INT" or "everything into INT".

So, since this issue has been brought up again, I wanted to here from some high level mages on their opinions on those two.....

I am willing to pay for a stat reset and reset a few of my points if I have to. I have put almost everything into INT and just a few into SPR. I am not really worried about getting my SP number really high, I will pot and stone when I need it, which is why I have been putting almost everything into INT.
But, how crucial is the crit. with SPR?
I'd say not much. We naturally do a lot of damage, so crits don't really matter.

I don't know about other mages, but I don't have a 'gasm knowing that I do so much damage, I can steal aggro off of even a good tank.
My current build is 25 into spr and 38(or 37? ^^;; can't remember) into INT. Obviously, I am not pure INT, but dominantly INT. I steal aggro a lot, sometimes it gets so bad, I don't even use aim scrolls, which is a necessity for all who grind in Uruga/AEW/FoS. And at these places(especially FoS), if you're a mage, you don't want to aggro <.< I die a lot now cuz of it. And no, its not the tanks fault, nor the clerics, unless every single tank and cleric I party with are bad.
If you wanna be a solo mage, which really isn't good 30+, especially in your 50s, sure pure INT will be the best build for you. But if you're a party mage, I suggest you balance out your build a little more.
Old 12-05-2007, 03:20 PM   #8
Spirit
complete once again

In-Game Name: Spirit_of_Water, Spirit_of_Earth, Spirit_of_Fire, Spirit_of_Wind, Spirit_of_Sky
Current Level: Level 101 Guardian, Level 70 Fighter, Level 90 Mage, Level 89 Archer, Level 72 Trickster
kk - so it sounds liek the best build for me would be 25 SPR and everything else into INT. I think my SPR is currently at 17 and everything else is in INT. So I shall throw any new points into SPR until I get it up to 25.

Thanks guys!!!

Spirit_of_Water- -Spirit_of_Earth- -Spirit_of_Fire- -Spirit_of_Wind- -Spirit_of_Sky
Old 12-05-2007, 03:56 PM   #9
Renamon!
Mushroom

In-Game Name: Renamon
Current Level: Lv. 21 WizMage
Server: Apoline
Renamon! is on a distinguished road
Renamon puts on her reading glasses and reads all the above comments, her brain begins to hurt but she then ponders at few comments and rewrites them as a quote in their post and ponders.

Originally Posted by Post 1
if a person with the same equipment but pure INT goes against someone with INT/SPR the pure INT Mage will win.

"Yeah but SPR, doesnt only increase crit but it increases M.DEF too, so how does that work? "

The guy behind the Renamon can be very blind and hopes he doesn't miss stuff or he'll have to get lazer surgery o_O I think my RP just killed some of it lewl

P.S
Renamon's paws were incredibly huge for the keyboard and mouse, so e-shining myself was kinda flawed e.g signature pic ^__^

P.S.S As pink as my posts may be, and my love for everyone might seem, I am a guy IRL, I am not registered for any dating service.. kkthxbai<3<3

Old 12-05-2007, 04:01 PM   #10
Spirit
complete once again

I think most people might counter that with using a Mag. Def. scroll. But, yeah, I am interested in whqt others have to say about that....

Closed Thread