Remember, you MUST register to post on the Fiesta Fan forums. It's completely free to join. Just click HERE to become a member for free!

REGISTER NOW TO REMOVE ALL ADS ON THIS FORUM!

Closed Thread

Old 10-24-2007, 08:57 PM   #11
OmGLoOK
Speedy Slime

In-Game Name: OmGLo0K
Current Level: 45
Server: Apoline
OmGLoOK is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to OmGLoOK

its not that bad, i rest after every two monsters and while im resting i do a couple of hw problems or browse the internet xD

i only use stones for emergencies

but yes i cry when i buy skills >_<

Dot Dot Dot
Apoline
Level45-WizMage
Old 10-24-2007, 11:21 PM   #12
Terranwolf
Mushroom Fighter

In-Game Name: Terranwolf
Current Level: High
Terranwolf is on a distinguished road
Hmm, I think that mages are the most-expensive, next to fighters. But yeah, clerics are at bottom.

Terranwolf - OutsparkCommunity Leader
Old 10-25-2007, 05:36 AM   #13
ThievingSix
Apeopex/Millenium

Tournaments Won: 4

In-Game Name: Thieving
Current Level: 51
Server: Epith
ThievingSix is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to ThievingSix Send a message via MSN to ThievingSix Send a message via Yahoo to ThievingSix
I really don't see how mages are expensive at all..

"Do or do not, there is no try." - Yoda
"Put off today what you can do tomorrow." - Anon
"The secret to creativity is knowing how to hide your sources." - Einstein
"Life is a long lesson in humility." - James M. Barrie

Epith
Thieving(Hawk Archer) - 51
ThievingSix(Wiz Mage) - 39
Old 10-25-2007, 06:00 AM   #14
Hessah
Hardcore Procrastinator

Burger Time Champion! Cannon Ball Follies 2 Champion!
Tournaments Won: 51

In-Game Name: Hessah / Ble~ehs
Current Level: 91 / 85 / 79 / 65 / 28
Server: Teeeeeee-vah
Hessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond repute
just to clarify... although clerics MAY be the cheapest class to run... it doesnt mean we're rich...

And i do suck up a lot of SP when in a party.. just as much as any other class.. and dont tell me at least i dont hv to use HP stones.. coz when i'm in the party.. no one has to use HP stones... (except in the rare occasion of when we get mobbed...)

that is all.

G____G

G____GTevaG____G
Heart___G_Hessah_G___Heart
79 - Paladin | 85 - Enchanter | 91 - Scoutxx
Ninja text! For those who's easily amused
I can show you the woooorld!
I don't want to see it!
okay...

Old 10-25-2007, 09:57 PM   #15
Terranwolf
Mushroom Fighter

In-Game Name: Terranwolf
Current Level: High
Terranwolf is on a distinguished road
It costs a lot to grind.

Grinding is where you are fighting monsters non-stop* to gain as much exp as fast as possible.

*excluding time needed to re-buy stones, sell/bank loot, and make/buy potions.

Terranwolf - OutsparkCommunity Leader
Old 10-26-2007, 03:42 AM   #16
Triumph
Wiki Head Admin

Deal or No Deal Champion!Tournaments Won: 1

In-Game Name: FFXIV
Current Level: 80
Server: Coeurl
Triumph has much to be proud ofTriumph has much to be proud ofTriumph has much to be proud ofTriumph has much to be proud ofTriumph has much to be proud ofTriumph has much to be proud ofTriumph has much to be proud ofTriumph has much to be proud ofTriumph has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by Terranwolf View Post
It costs a lot to grind.

Grinding is where you are fighting monsters non-stop* to gain as much exp as fast as possible.

*excluding time needed to re-buy stones, sell/bank loot, and make/buy potions.
Why hello thar Gunzfactorian.

To be on topic: Yes, a cleric is ultimately cheaper than any other class. However, mages are not necessarily the most expensive. A solo fighter burns a lot of stones too, and their SP stones recover a significantly lower amount of SP, due to their inherently low SP pool to begin with.
Old 10-28-2007, 04:02 PM   #17
Tela
Mushroom

Tela is on a distinguished road
Well, I have to say, the way I've been playing my baby archer (lvl 21 in 2 days lol)...It's right up there, and definitely not 2nd to Cleric in "cheapest" class.

I'm going through potions and stones like water. It's mostly due to the style of play I have chosen, which is spamming skills, non-stop grinding, only waiting for the next KQ. I've also been fighting high yellows, which is generally a no-no for archers. (Mobs +2 levels. Yellow = +/- 2 levels)

The exp rate is great. I'm flying through the teens and starting on the 20's, MUCH faster than I did with my Cleric. The only reason, though, is because I have my Cleric to support my ridiculous potion habit. :lol:

If I were playing properly, and killing mobs at my level or 2 levels lower (still yellow) I suppose I'd be using half of the potions/stones that I am now, if not less than half. This would put me in the same range as mages, I figure.

All this fun will end abruptly for me once I get into Moonlight Tomb and start getting smacked for 150 a pop.
Old 11-10-2007, 05:54 PM   #18
Bertinator
Fire Mushroom

In-Game Name: Left4Dead
Current Level: 18
Bertinator is on a distinguished road
Hey, I didn't have any financial problems until level 20 n stuff. I just pick up all the drops and loot other people as much as I can, I know its noobish, but hey, I only played for a week and still cant figure out how to use stone and potion production.
Old 11-22-2007, 02:30 AM   #19
Qasur
Mushroom

Qasur is on a distinguished road
At first, I didn't understand the production skills, but I chose Potions and Scrolls (just based off other MMORPGs I've played), and they have been fantastic.

Generally, when I grind, I'll grind lower-level mobs that drop the materials required for Potions or Scroll-making. In general, it's doing three things: Giving me exp (although not the best I can get), keeping me from using HP/SP stones/potions as much (since I can just House-n-rest), and it gives me what I need to produce stuff to sell.

Under most circumstances, I don't get enough materials to make a really large amount of stuff. Usually, it just puts me at like 20~ in each stack. From there, I split them into 3 stacks and open shop and just buy materials (overnight or duing the day while I'm in class) for the lowest-going rate. I've found that even though there are guys buying for 10-15c more than you, you'll eventually buy enough at your price.

Afterward, I mix-master my materials into merchandise, then open up shop and sell everything. Scrolls go from around 100-150c (I don't gouge prices to like 175-200 on everything Tier 1 (>.<!) For potions, generally around 20-25c.

Recently, I've stopped selling potions because they aren't as profitable compared to scrolls. Instead, I spend my time just collecting scroll materials and selling scrolls. I've had my mage up for two weeks now and I've spent at least 100s worth of stuff between him and my Cleric, and I've got 20s on each char, with 50s in Storage. I've been doing really well, but I just spend a lot of time with my shop open either buying materials or selling merchandise (saving some for myself of course.)

Then, I'll spend a few hours and grind out the next level or two, then go back to a few days of making money. So far, I've done really well in two weeks. Mage is level 25 and I've got loads of cash.

@Making Money: You just need to learn the rates of materials costs (low end) and the prices people charge. Undercut buying prices and selling prices and you're guaranteed to not have stuff left over when buying or selling (and if you do the math, you'll still make 50% profit. That's my profit margin, or I won't sell it cheaper.)

EDIT: @Clerics being the cheapest: They are. When I started my Cleric, I took 3s out of storage. I did the "farming" method with him up to level 15 (for my Mages scroll and potion production skills) instead of selling those Mats (to players or NPCs.) Even so, I took the cleric to lvl 15 in one day AND he has the best gear I could really find (my asking and searching stores.)

Clerics are just cheap. Even grinding, I only burn SP stones/potions, not HP. I just sit and rest if I'm too low on SP really. Time is your friend... don't go crazy burning your Stones/Pots to level. For one thing, Fiesta's resting is the best regen on HP/SP in any MMORPG. it's at a rediculous rate.
(WizMage)

Last edited by Qasur; 11-22-2007 at 02:36 AM..
Old 11-22-2007, 12:29 PM   #20
OmGLoOK
Speedy Slime

In-Game Name: OmGLo0K
Current Level: 45
OmGLoOK is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to OmGLoOK
it gets easier to make money when the mobs start dropping higher class material, u can npc them and make a reasonable profit after restocking on stones

Dot Dot Dot
Apoline
Level45-WizMage
Closed Thread