Remember, you MUST register to post on the Fiesta Fan forums. It's completely free to join. Just click HERE to become a member for free!

REGISTER NOW TO REMOVE ALL ADS ON THIS FORUM!

Closed Thread

Old 04-29-2009, 07:47 AM   #21
xDario
Angry Wolf

In-Game Name: Shade
Current Level: 87 (10% tnl, retierd)
Server: Bijou EU.
xDario is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by Blaaaaaaaah View Post
This is not a necro. Last post was 23 April. It's only 28/29 April now.

But I actually don't use inferno more than nova, because nova is so much more spammable. I have decreased CD on both skills, though.
And did you increase the Damage for Nova?
I mean, i did, since i use it. But, i see people only talking about the CD, not the damage (of Nova) ~ So i wanted to know their reasons.

Married to my lovely Teruki.
Old 04-29-2009, 10:29 AM   #22
Blaaaaaaaah
WONDERCLERIC

Tournaments Won: 15

In-Game Name: Bla~ahs
Current Level: 7x
Server: Teva
Blaaaaaaaah has disabled reputation
Originally Posted by xDario View Post
And did you increase the Damage for Nova?
I mean, i did, since i use it. But, i see people only talking about the CD, not the damage (of Nova) ~ So i wanted to know their reasons.
Nope.

I didn't because I didn't.. feel.. the need to.. I guess it was either Damage OR CD. Since I can spam it a bit more, I won't need the extra damage. But if you did damage, then I guess you won't need to spam it more. I like spamming skills x3

But my case is a bit different.. I always party with another mage + cleric, so I don't actually need the extra damage since we have two novas. CD would be better so I can cast it again as soon as we lure the next lot xD -bambampowww-

Edit: so yeah, mine isn't really a "proper" reason. I don't know which one is actually better. I just like spamming skills, so yep!
Old 04-29-2009, 01:00 PM   #23
EdwardWarlock
Zombie

Tournaments Won: 3

In-Game Name: Edward_Warlock
Current Level: Enchanted Warlock 8x, my other players are just production whores.
Server: Apoline
EdwardWarlock is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to EdwardWarlock
Originally Posted by Blaaaaaaaah View Post
With the new update, I'm tempted to put 5 points into power in Magic Blast rather than Fire Ball... even though Fire ball still isn't the strongest, I love love love the magic blast now. It's soo spammable (to a certain extent) and it feels like the reduced the casting time too (can't be sure on that one, it could be because I had to stop and cast before, so it felt longer).
Thank you Blaaaaaaah, I missed that spell. Magic Blast should also be maxed damage, and with the new patch, you can max the cool down on on it (to make it 2.8 seconds), and make it a fully spammable spell on the run constantly. The cool down is fine at 4.0 to most, but take into consideration how long it takes for restone cool down, and you'll see why I wanted to speed up my killing. It's highly effective, especially when combined with Stifle and Mind Drain (Fear).

With the new patch I think empowering Nova's damage is a waste, since the damage boost is insane after 90. Same with Inferno. Even if you're trying to be an aggro whore you'll only do like 100 or 150 more damage points at the loss of 5 skill points. I only do the cool down on it, to make it available as a buffer in between attacks, which is so few now that you can cast Magic blast while moving.

* I am only heard by those who will listen. *

Edward_Warlock on MySpace

Old 04-29-2009, 01:06 PM   #24
Blaaaaaaaah
WONDERCLERIC

^ CD of magic blast. Yaknow, I never thought of that for some wild reason. Do you think CD would be better than damage, or damage would be better if I were to only spend 5 points on it?

I sooooooooooooo want to take out the skill points I put on my magic burst.. T_T
Old 04-29-2009, 02:01 PM   #25
MikeyG
Touch all the butts

Tournaments Won: 10

In-Game Name: lnfamous
Current Level: 6x
MikeyG has disabled reputation
Send a message via Skype™ to MikeyG
Old 04-30-2009, 04:03 AM   #26
Blaaaaaaaah
WONDERCLERIC

^ What are you trying to say? o_O
Old 04-30-2009, 06:12 AM   #27
Tamashiiryuu
Cave Archmage Book

Carmageddon Champion!
Tamashiiryuu will become famous soon enough
Wait. Magic blast [3] and above can be cast while moving. So is it pointless to put points into it at all(I dont think I will ever get my mage to 70x)?
Old 04-30-2009, 06:14 AM   #28
Blaaaaaaaah
WONDERCLERIC

Originally Posted by Tamashiiryuu View Post
Wait. Magic blast [3] and above can be cast while moving. So is it pointless to put points into it at all(I dont think I will ever get my mage to 70x)?
If you don't think you'll get to magic blast 3 then I dunno, probably not? I hated magic blast when I couldn't kite with it... I rarely used it because of that too~ but I dunno, I still haven't empowered it myself.
Old 05-10-2009, 09:49 AM   #29
EdwardWarlock
Zombie

Tournaments Won: 3

In-Game Name: Edward_Warlock
Current Level: Enchanted Warlock 8x, my other players are just production whores.
Server: Apoline
EdwardWarlock is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to EdwardWarlock
Blaaaaaah I did the MAX damage and cooldown on it, because the damage empowerment is good as hell on it, and max cooldown to spam it faster. Fireball is awesome but it has a cast time, a semi-long cool down and you can't move while you use it. The key to a mage is not to be attacked up close, as you have no damn defense almost. I use Nova/Inferno when I get away far enough as stupid folks rush in. And finally I use the status spells to keep other people off balance. Magic Missle stays at lvl 1, it is crap afte you Magic Blast, and best used as a filler spell in between cast. You could use a three hit combo like MM1, MB(Any LVL), and Magic Burst (if they get close), and run and repeat lol. Throw other spells in there for fun and watch what happens!

* I am only heard by those who will listen. *

Edward_Warlock on MySpace

Closed Thread