Remember, you MUST register to post on the Fiesta Fan forums. It's completely free to join. Just click HERE to become a member for free!

REGISTER NOW TO REMOVE ALL ADS ON THIS FORUM!

Closed Thread

Old 04-01-2009, 03:57 AM   #1
EdwardWarlock
Zombie

Tournaments Won: 3

In-Game Name: Edward_Warlock
Current Level: Enchanted Warlock 8x, my other players are just production whores.
Server: Apoline
EdwardWarlock is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to EdwardWarlock
Enchanted But Flawed

I love my Enchanter. I just hate the fact that mages in the game are poorly equipped, from start to finish. Don't get me wrong, I don't expect to have the best armor and highest amount of life, but I DO expect to do the most damage overall, in any given situation. I've compared all of the Mage's/Enchanter's weapons with the other classes up to 89 (the current level cap), and they always fall behind, by about 100-300 points of damage or more. What I hate the most is that as an Enchanter gets stronger, in a sense he/she gets weaker. The last good high damage spells have a casting time (Fireball, Magic Blast, Nova Frost, Inferno, Lightning Blast, & Ice Blast)and you have to be stationary when casting them (most of them). I think that Nova and Inferno are overrated, as a fighter or high powered archer can easily dispatch you while setting up the spell, or run away from the casting area while the animation is setup and rush in afterwards. Fireball and Magic Blast do good damage, but they take too long to cast before the enemy reaches you. Spell caster weapons are only formidable when they are enhanced to a +9 level, which costs money and time. The armor and the green armors get awful on a mage after 80 as well, at least with the stat bonuses. It doesn't even make sense to PvP, because after you cast the majority of the good spells, if you opponent isn't dead, you sure as hell will be because now your ass is in cool down, and fighting with just a glowing stick only is a joke unless you're killing Roumen Slimes. Run!!

I think the Enchanter could be deadly if they were some minor changes:
Fireball- Instant Cast, still stationary. It would be unfair if you could cast this spell moving; it's too damn strong.
Lightning Blast/Ice Blast- Instant Cast, and Ice Blast should be enabled to be cast while moving (like Lightning Blast). The damage would remain the same to retain balance.
Magic Blast- Why is there a cast time on this spell? Instant Cast, still stationary.
Nova Frost/Inferno- I don't give a damn what anybody says: both of these spells should be able to be cast while moving. That would help out a lot, versus being attacked in one spot. Archers can still move during the casting time, so why can't we?
Life Tap- This should be reversed. Wouldn't make more sense for an Enchanter to use magic power to heal himself or create a MDEF buff for themselves or the party?
Weapons- Can we get a little more damage on the weapons? Not much, just maybe a few hundred points.

Now think about a mage that can unload all of their single damage spells without a wait time. No other class has as much of a cast time on damage skills than a mage and I hate it. You already weak, so how the hell are you supposed to kill anybody if you got all of these casting times on stationary skills? Fix it.

Comments are appreciated....

* I am only heard by those who will listen. *

Edward_Warlock on MySpace

Old 04-01-2009, 04:19 AM   #2
Hessah
Hardcore Procrastinator

Burger Time Champion! Cannon Ball Follies 2 Champion!
Tournaments Won: 51

In-Game Name: Hessah / Ble~ehs
Current Level: 91 / 85 / 79 / 65 / 28
Server: Teeeeeee-vah
Hessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond repute
I must say, I disagree with almost the entire post =D Nothing to heart.. but this is my view.. (Im gonna use mage/enchanter as the same thing)

I've played as a lvl 75 cleric, and just recently got my mage to lvl 70.

I actually see that mage gets strong as they level up. We are the only class with the most PVP Spells - fear, stifle, purge, that steal buff skill (4got the name), then you've got the slowness etc...

None of the other classes can make someone hopeless for a full on 12 second (chain cast fear).

Against melee class, you then delay people casting their skills for 15 sec.. make them slow while running towards you, dmg popping out of them (nova)...

In terms of PVE - We are the class that can do the most AOE dmg in the shortest time... (or it seems that way..) Archers takes a while to mist down a group of mobs.. and.. fighter's AOE are 4 mins CD... and not to even talk about cleric...

If many of Mage's skill can be casted while moving, then there'll be nothing for Archers.. as archer have many moveable skills, but they're not exactly as strong as mage's stationary skills...

I can't comment on weapon dmg.. but cant see a hammer doing more dmg than a wand/staff... coz mage uses spells while other class use normal attack... So i think we cant just look at the number on the weapon to determine our output in dmg....

hmm that's my 2 copper so far

G____G

G____GTevaG____G
Heart___G_Hessah_G___Heart
79 - Paladin | 85 - Enchanter | 91 - Scoutxx
Ninja text! For those who's easily amused
I can show you the woooorld!
I don't want to see it!
okay...

Old 04-01-2009, 04:55 AM   #3
Ivramire
Where shall we wander?

Ivramire has much to be proud ofIvramire has much to be proud ofIvramire has much to be proud ofIvramire has much to be proud ofIvramire has much to be proud ofIvramire has much to be proud ofIvramire has much to be proud ofIvramire has much to be proud ofIvramire has much to be proud ofIvramire has much to be proud of
I'd think that Fighters need to be toned down and Mages buffed and tweaked just a little bit. Giving run-castables to a Mage might overpower them too much. All they'd have to do would be chain-fear, run while spamming run-castables, FN when someone came too close, Fear again. Only class that could touch them would be Archers and they'd be at a disadvantage because Mage's only advantage over Archers, Fear, would be greatly helped by the run-castability in the proposed changes.

Might be too easy to win, and that's taking into account only the changes to run, not to mention the buffing to FB and MB.

They're also fine in PvE too, so long as they have a Tank, they do the most AoE damage.
Old 04-01-2009, 04:56 AM   #4
FabledWaltz
Phinofly

In-Game Name: Dyaevim
Current Level: 72
Server: Apoline
FabledWaltz is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via MSN to FabledWaltz
That sure is creepy. I just made a rant about Mages in "All the Rage". It is, incredibly long but hopefully worth reading.

http://www.fiestafan.com/forums/showthread.php?t=19253
Old 04-01-2009, 02:41 PM   #5
Lady-Loki
sane, so says the voices

Tower Defense 2007 Champion!Tournaments Won: 4

In-Game Name: Lady_Loki | Lady_Raine | Lady_Leilani | Lady_Danae | Lady_Julietta
Current Level: this changes more often than I care to update this detail
Server: Teva (main) Epith (secondary) other 2 (fallback)
Lady-Loki has disabled reputation
I agree there needs to be some tweaking. As a mage I don't have a snowball's chance in Hell in the PVP KQ - cast time and cool down are my greatest enemies followed closely by the fighters and archers who gang the mages because everyone knows mages are squishy by nature.

And, as stated, by aoe is only worthwhile against mobs who don't have sense enough to move as soon as they see the animation at my characters feet.

PVP KQ has made me think a lot more about leveling my archer so that some day I might actually have half a chance at coming in someplace closer to the top of just 1 PVP KQ.

Please click my Dragon Eggs to help my babies along.

Join the FiestaFan Folding@Home team! Details, questions and comments HERE
And, just for the heck of it, you can visit my mini city to help my population grow:
<--youarehere
Old 04-01-2009, 02:50 PM   #6
Spirit
complete once again

Tournaments Won: 11

In-Game Name: Spirit_of_Water, Spirit_of_Earth, Spirit_of_Fire, Spirit_of_Wind, Spirit_of_Sky
Current Level: Level 101 Guardian, Level 70 Fighter, Level 90 Mage, Level 89 Archer, Level 72 Trickster
Server: Teva
Spirit has disabled reputation
Originally Posted by Lady-Loki View Post
I agree there needs to be some tweaking. As a mage I don't have a snowball's chance in Hell in the PVP KQ - cast time and cool down are my greatest enemies followed closely by the fighters and archers who gang the mages because everyone knows mages are squishy by nature.

And, as stated, by aoe is only worthwhile against mobs who don't have sense enough to move as soon as they see the animation at my characters feet.

PVP KQ has made me think a lot more about leveling my archer so that some day I might actually have half a chance at coming in someplace closer to the top of just 1 PVP KQ.
I have found it to be the actual player not the class. Blaaaahs kicks butt in PvP KQ as a mage. I suck in PvP KQ as a mage. Even when our mages were the same level.
I do not like PvP, Blaaaahs loves it and not just because she is good at it. She willingly goes to FBZ, where I avoid it like the plague.

You do not like PvP, so I think no matter what class you take into a PvP, you are going to stink. No offense, but knowing you personally, I know you will take it like it is meant.

I did pretty good on my archer, but I never went after it like Blaaaahs does and you won’t go after it either. So, even if you take your archer in there, you might not get killed as much, much your killing will be the same and you will still end up with the same amount of exp.

Spirit_of_Water- -Spirit_of_Earth- -Spirit_of_Fire- -Spirit_of_Wind- -Spirit_of_Sky
x101xxxxxxxxxxx70xxxxxxxxxx90xxxxxxxxxx89xxxxxxxxxxx72
Old 04-01-2009, 03:03 PM   #7
a.L
A to the R to the K

a.L has much to be proud ofa.L has much to be proud ofa.L has much to be proud ofa.L has much to be proud ofa.L has much to be proud ofa.L has much to be proud ofa.L has much to be proud ofa.L has much to be proud ofa.L has much to be proud ofa.L has much to be proud of
I'd like a m.def debuff spell. xD

But as for the Nova and Inferno, even if you are able to run and cast it, you wouldn't get the most out of them because they do DoT over a certain range. You're running, your opponent would be running after you, your AoE sure as hell wouldn't be moving along with them. So you'd probably get only one hit, or two if you're lucky, in before the person is out of range. It can be a little helpful, but not that much I think. It can be useful for escaping any fighters after your blood with Nova's slow effect, I guess.
Old 04-01-2009, 03:15 PM   #8
Icy
Huge Slime

Tournaments Won: 6

In-Game Name: おぼえていますんか?
Icy has a spectacular aura aboutIcy has a spectacular aura about
Think in another way, how about nerfing fighters instead!

Do you think it is mere coincidence that you can upgrade physical defence on armours, and that this is the primary method of damage output by fighters?

While reading the complaints of how fighters seem to dish out so much more damage, one must take into consideration that the developers and the collaborating companies intend that players spend as much money on cash-shop upgrades as possible. If you look at the magic defence of armours, they don't increase as fast as defence, nor can you artificially raise it - whereas with defence, you almost double it by enhancement.

It seems almost every able fighter throws a decent amount of money into Outspark's pot for the sake of taking up the role of the tank (those who don't are deemed bad tanks by their parties), whereas comparatively fewer players of the other classes invest as extensively (one can also conject that players just tend to be willing to spend more on their fighters due to the demand in their performance as their heartfelt responsibility to their parties). Remind yourself of the anomalies of the class unfairness - those archers and mages with huge HP reserves running around with a mini-sun-on-a-stick solo. Don't they all brandish heavy fortifications from CS items and T4 scrolls?

Now if we suppose that the classes are balanced on the free-play end of the scale, then where is the gameplay enjoyment gradient to entice players into CS-play?

"You should never judge a book by it's cover unless you understand what you are getting into. But anyone with eyes can determine your kind rather easily. You and Triumph are of the same breed. Egotistical, narcissists who believe that numbers are some how important. It is one's love for something that truly determines who knows more and it is without a doubt that my love for the mage class trumps yours any day."

Last edited by Icy; 04-01-2009 at 03:22 PM..
Old 04-01-2009, 10:45 PM   #9
CrazyVietFs
Sharp Boar

In-Game Name: CrazyVietFs, CrazyAboutU, FadingSensation, SmexyCrazy
Current Level: Fighter 79, Cleric 6x, Archer 89, Mage, 6x
Server: Teva, Bijou
CrazyVietFs is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to CrazyVietFs Send a message via MSN to CrazyVietFs Send a message via Yahoo to CrazyVietFs
I have been playing all four classes and I had make so much noobs just to test out stats built, i got two computer so with my 7x 1-30 only take 1 days. I had been playing since close beta, and heard so much complaint and it kind of annoying. The games is balance in itself with everything, well "except Cash Shop, but let not go there." Beside that, to me, when it come down to which classes is better, or which classes is weak. Allthis depend on how you handle your character, how well you play each classes, what kind of equipment you got, and what your built, where you add points to your skill.
I do use CS, for the look lmao, beside that, i use ingames money to buy +9 stuff, "how you make money in games, that is another stories, buy cheap godly green sell em, stone, scroll, SpiderKQ and KKP mats ettc." save em up collect em, handle them well, and get yourself some nice gears, there are always cheap stuff, when desperate people need some silver etc..."

I heard people complaint a lot of PVP KQ, stop complaint about it, saying all this is so nonsense, if you do have the right gear, you use your skill well, you know what to do in the KQ, and you set your Hotkey as flexible, you will bomb that KQ. Saying one class is better another is totally wrong, when it come down to PVP KQ, it depend on your judgement, and precision determination of what to do, etc...

I play my fighter, cleric, mage, and archer in all lvl of PVP KQ, and I usually get at least 3 or 4 places, couples 1, lots of 2, or 3 "when i get gang up, just like yesterday PVP. "My rule in PVP KQ, i will not kill FF members, but i will never help to gang up on someone."

All classes are balance, the money system is up and down, depend on the population user and item selling etc... Most of the complaint happen, b/c people get powerlvl and down know what to do ****, and complaint about it, get some older generation such as myself, give me a plain gears, and +0 items, i would still get at least #5 in PVP KQ...
Old 04-01-2009, 10:50 PM   #10
Hessah
Hardcore Procrastinator

Burger Time Champion! Cannon Ball Follies 2 Champion!
Tournaments Won: 51

In-Game Name: Hessah / Ble~ehs
Current Level: 91 / 85 / 79 / 65 / 28
Server: Teeeeeee-vah
Hessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond repute
Yeah it might depend on the player. I dueled with Blaaaaah same level, I have more +9 armour (which is apparently useless against a mage!) And I lost about 95% of the time...

Strategy and timing of your spells are crucial, we have lotsa spells to utilise but you gotta use it right to take people down.

Any CS use (esp charm + extenders) throws all "class balance" out of proportion. Having a mage tank KKP says something? XD

EDIT: ^ OHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH You're CrazyAboutU!!! Sry it didn't click.. i was like O_O

On Topic - I agree with Crazy, I think by playing all classes you learn the weakness on other classes, so you can tackle that and target their weakness using your ability...

G____G

G____GTevaG____G
Heart___G_Hessah_G___Heart
79 - Paladin | 85 - Enchanter | 91 - Scoutxx
Ninja text! For those who's easily amused
I can show you the woooorld!
I don't want to see it!
okay...

Last edited by Hessah; 04-01-2009 at 10:56 PM..
Closed Thread