Remember, you MUST register to post on the Fiesta Fan forums. It's completely free to join. Just click HERE to become a member for free!

REGISTER NOW TO REMOVE ALL ADS ON THIS FORUM!

Closed Thread

Old 01-12-2009, 01:11 AM   #11
EdwardWarlock
Zombie

Tournaments Won: 3

In-Game Name: Edward_Warlock
Current Level: Enchanted Warlock 8x, my other players are just production whores.
Server: Apoline
EdwardWarlock is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to EdwardWarlock

Originally Posted by Blaaaaaaaah View Post
I kind of like that because I'm SO annoyed with mages abusing it when I'm playing as a cleric with them. I partied with FOUR other mages in another KQ the other day and THREE of them abused life tap. Really annoying because I can't tell when they're life tapping or they suddenly got hit by a bunch of mobs. /sigh Life tapping abusers make me rage all the time.

But of course, like you said, it'll have to be somehow balanced.. probably a big CD on it.. though I've never been into those balancing class things so I wouldn't know... but if it stops me from healing life tappers, then I'm for it
Yeah I see this alot on the noobs. I even had a dude doing in in the abyss once who attacked me. I'm killed him so fast, I have enough time to chat with as well.

Edward_Warlock: was that a life tap wtfh?!
Player:......
Edward_Warlock: lol your going to die
Player: Warping to town in 1 minute....

* I am only heard by those who will listen. *

Edward_Warlock on MySpace

Old 01-12-2009, 01:12 AM   #12
Blaaaaaaaah
WONDERCLERIC

Tournaments Won: 15

In-Game Name: Bla~ahs
Current Level: 7x
Server: Teva
Blaaaaaaaah has disabled reputation
Originally Posted by EdwardWarlock View Post
Yeah I see this alot on the noobs. I even had a dude doing in in the abyss once who attacked me. I'm killed him so fast, I have enough time to chat with as well.

Edward_Warlock: was that a life tap wtfh?!
Player:......
Edward_Warlock: lol your going to die
Player: Warping to town in 1 minute....
Now that is stupid, why would you get your health even LOWER when someone is hitting you? It's not like you have a lot of HP to start with, haha!!
Old 01-12-2009, 01:13 AM   #13
EdwardWarlock
Zombie

Current Level: Enchanted Warlock 8x, my other players are just production whores.
Originally Posted by Loveless View Post
Then just don't use it... you just said you have more than enough SP stones and/or pots to recover. If one is worried about HP then carry pots or always have a cleric around. Other games have mages that can use healing powers but this is Fiesta.
Yeah I understand what you mean, I'm merely saying that it is useless and should be taken out for something a more useful. Point taken though.

Old 01-12-2009, 01:14 AM   #14
EdwardWarlock
Zombie

Originally Posted by Blaaaaaaaah View Post
I don't even have the skill on my mage, actually. Money saved!
Yes indeed. Have you seen the prices for this? Crazy.

Old 01-12-2009, 01:14 AM   #15
a.L
A to the R to the K

a.L has much to be proud ofa.L has much to be proud ofa.L has much to be proud ofa.L has much to be proud ofa.L has much to be proud ofa.L has much to be proud ofa.L has much to be proud ofa.L has much to be proud ofa.L has much to be proud ofa.L has much to be proud of
It's about as stupid as a fighter using sneering kick in PvP...
Old 01-12-2009, 01:16 AM   #16
EdwardWarlock
Zombie

Originally Posted by a.L View Post
It's about as stupid as a fighter using sneering kick in PvP...
Haha now that IS FUNNY. You already have my attention! *FIREBALL 2 THE NECK*

Old 01-12-2009, 01:19 AM   #17
Hessah
Hardcore Procrastinator

Burger Time Champion! Cannon Ball Follies 2 Champion!
Tournaments Won: 51

In-Game Name: Hessah / Ble~ehs
Current Level: 91 / 85 / 79 / 65 / 28
Server: Teeeeeee-vah
Hessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond repute
I HATE mages using lifetap.. esp in inappropriate situations like... a party mobbing, i'm frantically healing the tank and here's a mage -ahh lifetap- (*@$*&^#*$&^@*#$&

so yeah.. i did wonder why the heck people need lifetap for.. it doesnt replenish their SP that much.. and it eats up a big chunk of their HP...

Reversing the effect would be like a cleric healing themselves... seems a bit strange that mage get a cleric-like skill (although you cant cast the "reversed lifetap" on someone else)

I rather they just take the skill out altogether coz i just hate it that much LOL!

G____G

G____GTevaG____G
Heart___G_Hessah_G___Heart
79 - Paladin | 85 - Enchanter | 91 - Scoutxx
Ninja text! For those who's easily amused
I can show you the woooorld!
I don't want to see it!
okay...

Old 01-12-2009, 01:25 AM   #18
EdwardWarlock
Zombie

Originally Posted by Hessah View Post
I HATE mages using lifetap.. esp in inappropriate situations like... a party mobbing, i'm frantically healing the tank and here's a mage -ahh lifetap- (*@$*&^#*$&^@*#$&

so yeah.. i did wonder why the heck people need lifetap for.. it doesnt replenish their SP that much.. and it eats up a big chunk of their HP...

Reversing the effect would be like a cleric healing themselves... seems a bit strange that mage get a cleric-like skill (although you cant cast the "reversed lifetap" on someone else)

I rather they just take the skill out altogether coz i just hate it that much LOL!
Haha yeah. I hate the skill as well. And the balance on it is awful. I'm just saying by it be reversed it could save a mage on the brink of death. Instead of dropping it just make it useful and throw a big cool down on it to keep it from being spammed and knocking a cleric's usefulness.

Old 01-12-2009, 01:35 AM   #19
Ralath
Bbang ggoo ddong ggoo

Tournaments Won: 36

Ralath is a splendid one to beholdRalath is a splendid one to beholdRalath is a splendid one to beholdRalath is a splendid one to beholdRalath is a splendid one to beholdRalath is a splendid one to beholdRalath is a splendid one to behold
Send a message via MSN to Ralath
Originally Posted by EdwardWarlock View Post
Ok, many players may not agree with this, but I do not see the usefulness of the Life Tap spell at all, even with a cleric around. As a mage, even with all the high level SP spells, I never run out of SP stones in a given quest, grind session, or KQ, and even in the rare case that I do, I have about 100 or so T3 SP Potions (Currently Overstocked LMFAO). I think that this would be the ultimate spell for a mage to have if you could use you magic power to heal yourself like I've seen in other games among magic classed characters. Come on OutSpark!
This spell exists already. It's called Heal. If you want this spell, you're playing the wrong class. :3

Old 01-12-2009, 01:40 AM   #20
EdwardWarlock
Zombie

Originally Posted by Ralath View Post
This spell exists already. It's called Heal. If you want this spell, you're playing the wrong class. :3
Haha I love it. I have this class as well. Just something to keep a mage alive a bit when there's no clerics around and better soloing. Merely reverse the spells action.

Closed Thread