Remember, you MUST register to post on the Fiesta Fan forums. It's completely free to join. Just click HERE to become a member for free!

REGISTER NOW TO REMOVE ALL ADS ON THIS FORUM!

Closed Thread

Old 04-07-2009, 06:13 PM   #61
FlameofFire
Slime

In-Game Name: FlameofFire/Hanabi
Current Level: 8x,50x,40x,30x
Server: Bijou
FlameofFire is on a distinguished road

int/spr is the best so far
Old 04-07-2009, 07:05 PM   #62
Isuma
Hungry Wolf

In-Game Name: Zanori/iSpirit/Isuma
Current Level: 89/85/85
Server: Apoline
Isuma has a spectacular aura aboutIsuma has a spectacular aura about
Constant cash shop user = Full Int
Time to Time Cash Shop User = Int Spr

Nuff said!

iSpirit Level 85 Battle Warrior/Zanori Level 89 Battle Warrior/Isuma Level 85 Divine Paladin
Old 04-07-2009, 08:40 PM   #63
Triumph
Wiki Head Admin

Deal or No Deal Champion!Tournaments Won: 1

In-Game Name: FFXIV
Current Level: 80
Server: Coeurl
Triumph has much to be proud ofTriumph has much to be proud ofTriumph has much to be proud ofTriumph has much to be proud ofTriumph has much to be proud ofTriumph has much to be proud ofTriumph has much to be proud ofTriumph has much to be proud ofTriumph has much to be proud of
Statistically, pure INT > INT:25 SPR.

More reliable: Pure INT
More criticals: INT:25 SPR

You decide. CN and JP Fiesta players both prefer pure INT.
Old 04-07-2009, 10:20 PM   #64
Icy
Huge Slime

Tournaments Won: 6

In-Game Name: おぼえていますんか?
Icy has a spectacular aura aboutIcy has a spectacular aura about
Originally Posted by Triumph View Post
Statistically, pure INT > INT:25 SPR.

More reliable: Pure INT
More criticals: INT:25 SPR

You decide. CN and JP Fiesta players both prefer pure INT.
What he really wanted to say was,
Quote:
"Statistically, pure INT > INT:25 SPR provided that your expected actual damage infliction prior to free-stat influence is below the range of 700-1200; above this range, the full SPR build will have a higher mean damage"
Ungrateful pickle followed-up his post below.

"You should never judge a book by it's cover unless you understand what you are getting into. But anyone with eyes can determine your kind rather easily. You and Triumph are of the same breed. Egotistical, narcissists who believe that numbers are some how important. It is one's love for something that truly determines who knows more and it is without a doubt that my love for the mage class trumps yours any day."

Last edited by Icy; 04-08-2009 at 01:25 AM..
Old 04-08-2009, 01:18 AM   #65
Triumph
Wiki Head Admin

Deal or No Deal Champion!Tournaments Won: 1

In-Game Name: FFXIV
Current Level: 80
Server: Coeurl
Triumph has much to be proud ofTriumph has much to be proud ofTriumph has much to be proud ofTriumph has much to be proud ofTriumph has much to be proud ofTriumph has much to be proud ofTriumph has much to be proud ofTriumph has much to be proud ofTriumph has much to be proud of
Alright, I'll clarify.

As for the spreadsheets, my personal spreadsheets are destroyed. My former laptop is gone, destroyed by a female entity known as my sister. However, if it's possible, I'll see if Icy will divulge his. His were better than mine, anyways.

Secondly, I'll recite what I can remember from testing. Since I really have nothing better to do, yes, I spend time doing math for a game. For want of information rather than walls of text, I'll say this:

Without any critical equipment, the damage margin is smaller between builds. For instance (and this is pure theoretical data), assume that a level 79 mage does 325 damage average on a level 79 fighter in PvP. The theoretical data spread will be this, criticals bolded.

325, 314, 329, 714, 336, 322, 312, 326, 335, 320, 330, 341, 335, 324, 334, 337, 342, 310, 309, 308.

= 6903.

Your critical ratio boost is assumed to be the base critical of a standard wand at 3%. Consequently, your chances are less than ideal for criticals. Now assume that you have a hybrid build, with 69 INT/25 SPR. Your damage will be decreased by roughly 30 or so.

Hypothetically, you have a critical percent boost of 8%, which is almost three times the boost from a pure INT build.

295, 284, 299, 560, 306, 292, 564, 558, 296, 300, 311, 305, 294, 304, 307, 312, 280, 279, 278.

= 6424

Regardless of critical, the hybrid build does lower damage, despite a higher percent for criticals. This margin increases with the addition of say, a 15% critical boost set, with the further addition of earrings, license, and glasses, at a further addition of 9%, culminating to the addition of 24% to both builds.

Pure build - Critical rate: 27%: 650, 628, 329, 714, 336, 322, 312, 326, 335, 320, 330, 341, 335, 324, 334, 337, 342, 310, 618, 308.

= 7851

Hybrid build - Critical rate: 32%: 590, 284, 299, 560, 306, 292, 564, 558, 296, 300, 622, 305, 294, 304, 307, 312, 560, 279, 278.

= 7310.

Each time, it is proven that a pure build will do more damage. However, these calculations should not be assumed to be fully accurate. The critical rate is based on a static rate: sometimes, half the hits may be criticals; others, none. Consequently, however, in theory, pure build defeats hybrid builds.

If you still don't trust it, go compare a level 79 pure build and a level 79 hybrid build. Collect data for both, using the same weapon and no other equipment. Then add as much critical equipment as possible. I've conducted studies for this as well: pure build defeats a hybrid build.

/end wall of text.

/run tl; dr.exe
Use pure SPR only if you do 1200+ damage on mobs.
That's the point. You will find it very hard to hit above 1200 damage, so that is why you should not use pure SPR.
I got lazy. Go figure.
Old 04-08-2009, 02:54 AM   #66
FlameofFire
Slime

In-Game Name: FlameofFire/Hanabi
Current Level: 8x,50x,40x,30x
Server: Bijou
FlameofFire is on a distinguished road
i am surprised there were guys who actually calculated all this out but it is interesting to see mage crit stats, makes us more sure of where to place our stats, however I have tried most builds, from pure int to pure int+25spr
at from the looks of it the latter seems like a better combi, sure dmg is good with pure int, the added 25spr in the latter combi helps with crits which would make dmg alot better too, but it is just my opinion anyways
Old 04-08-2009, 06:03 PM   #67
Icy
Huge Slime

Tournaments Won: 6

In-Game Name: おぼえていますんか?
Icy has a spectacular aura aboutIcy has a spectacular aura about
Originally Posted by FlameofFire View Post
i am surprised there were guys who actually calculated all this out but it is interesting to see mage crit stats, makes us more sure of where to place our stats, however I have tried most builds, from pure int to pure int+25spr
at from the looks of it the latter seems like a better combi, sure dmg is good with pure int, the added 25spr in the latter combi helps with crits which would make dmg alot better too, but it is just my opinion anyways
How can you not expected an educated analysis from the self proclaimed wiki god?

Anyway, statistics tell a long story; mages are rarely long stories in PvP. In short, though wise it may be to follow the statistically beneficial route in PvM, critical hits add some unpredicability in a mage's damage output in PvP - and since you can't take down an opponent with just consistent damage seeing how the other classes have more HP than yourself, some added surprise is useful. The added 25 SPR do not really make damage a lot better, but it will at times work in your favour.

"You should never judge a book by it's cover unless you understand what you are getting into. But anyone with eyes can determine your kind rather easily. You and Triumph are of the same breed. Egotistical, narcissists who believe that numbers are some how important. It is one's love for something that truly determines who knows more and it is without a doubt that my love for the mage class trumps yours any day."
Old 04-09-2009, 04:29 AM   #68
EdwardWarlock
Zombie

Tournaments Won: 3

In-Game Name: Edward_Warlock
Current Level: Enchanted Warlock 8x, my other players are just production whores.
Server: Apoline
EdwardWarlock is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to EdwardWarlock
Originally Posted by Icy View Post
How can you not expected an educated analysis from the self proclaimed wiki god?

Anyway, statistics tell a long story; mages are rarely long stories in PvP. In short, though wise it may be to follow the statistically beneficial route in PvM, critical hits add some unpredicability in a mage's damage output in PvP - and since you can't take down an opponent with just consistent damage seeing how the other classes have more HP than yourself, some added surprise is useful. The added 25 SPR do not really make damage a lot better, but it will at times work in your favour.
And that's all it is good for. PVP. Monsters don't give a damn, but you will do a little bit better versus magic using enemies in the field.

* I am only heard by those who will listen. *

Edward_Warlock on MySpace

Closed Thread