Remember, you MUST register to post on the Fiesta Fan forums. It's completely free to join. Just click HERE to become a member for free!

REGISTER NOW TO REMOVE ALL ADS ON THIS FORUM!

Closed Thread

Old 11-12-2008, 09:07 AM   #1
Dynamics
Karasian Solider

Tournaments Won: 5

In-Game Name: Dynamics
Current Level: OVER NINE THOUSANDDDDDDDDDDDDD!
Server: under your bed
Dynamics is a name known to allDynamics is a name known to allDynamics is a name known to allDynamics is a name known to allDynamics is a name known to allDynamics is a name known to all
Fiesta's recent changes - what I think

These thoughts arrived in my mind as I was reading the thread Loveless made about set items. Of course I think set items are cool and all and add a new element to gameplay, but come on Fiesta dev's is it that hard to make something unique? D:

Lately I'm getting the impression Outspark wants Fiesta to be a clone of WoW to some degree. With the implementation of set items, and the recent changes to PvP to make Fiesta less carebear, this really seems the case. Obviously they're trying to extend the appeal of Fiesta to a wider market, but I'm not sure if they're going in the right direction. I think they should try to satisfy their current consumers, rather than try to appeal to different consumers with random, unthought of content and consequently botching the flow of their game altogether.

I mean their attempt to make Fiesta less carebear is kind of laughable. If you look at the games graphics and the average age of the community, I'd say Fiesta should be carebear. I don't know many youngins (13 downward) that enjoy playing games competitively, nor do I know any real pvp mmo's with cutesy cartoon graphics.

It'd probably serve Fiesta more if something unique was implemented, rather than copying the competitive market. For an MMO to ever be popular, it needs something original and unique to it's gameplay. The addition of the academy was an interesting change, and definitely added unique elements to community integration, but it's effect on gameplay is minimal. If Fiesta needs a wider audience, then show that audience something they've never seen before.

I suppose I'm just hoping to see something absolutely unique from Fiesta regarding PvP, items and skills, because that's something I know would appeal to a wider market. If they're just copying what's successful in the competitive market, obviously the game that originally has the idea will do it better because they know what they're doing with it in terms of game balance and appeal.

With the direction recent changes are going in, maybe next we'll see an Uruga vs. Roumen vs. Elderine (sand hill's neutral) kind of thing going on, kinda like WoW's Alliance vs Horde.

Feel free to discuss and divulge your own opinions.
Old 11-12-2008, 10:09 AM   #2
Blaaaaaaaah
WONDERCLERIC

Tournaments Won: 15

In-Game Name: Bla~ahs
Current Level: 7x
Server: Teva
Blaaaaaaaah has disabled reputation
Never played WoW but I get what you mean. Guild tournaments were something I looked forward to. I think in other versions, they had guild member vs guild member tournaments.. but I also think they had some feature about guild vs guild. Not just meaningless guild wars that we have right now where people can declare whenever they wish for the silliest reasons, but actual event things where people can get guild fame. Apparently the guild fame allows you to invite even more people. Read this somewhere on one of the korean sites.

If they want to introduce the PvP element more, I think they should do something like that. At least it's PvP under a controlled environment, unlike current abysses where anything goes with the additional loss of EXP unnecessarily.
Old 11-12-2008, 10:23 AM   #3
Leesa
lk;sfdb

In-Game Name: Quit
Current Level: Quit
Server: Quit
Leesa is a jewel in the roughLeesa is a jewel in the roughLeesa is a jewel in the rough
Send a message via MSN to Leesa
The whole game is going to just get more chaotic. One of the big reasons I loved Fiesta more than any other game is because you actually had fun and didn't get so frustrated like other games and have the outcome of a broken keyboard. I would find myself laughing when everyone is sleeping because of almost anything, however once I tried other games, I didn't make one actual friend that I had fun with =/ It was so different and and now its becoming just like all the others...If I wanted to play a game thats almost exactly like WoW then I'd just go play WoW, but I don't want to and I'm sure alot of others don't want to either so why are they doing it -_-
Old 11-12-2008, 10:28 AM   #4
Hessah
Hardcore Procrastinator

Burger Time Champion! Cannon Ball Follies 2 Champion!
Tournaments Won: 51

In-Game Name: Hessah / Ble~ehs
Current Level: 91 / 85 / 79 / 65 / 28
Server: Teeeeeee-vah
Hessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond repute
I agree that they're going in the wrong direction.

The most unique thing they have in this game is Kingdom Quest, and hardly anybody joins it now, because everything else in the game is a better thing to do than Kingdom quest.

I know that back when KQ was very popular, was when we didn't have Abyss and all, it was a grind fest. But at the same time, the resources and time consumed in a KQ (that has a really high failing % rate) hardly match up to the rewards now.

And the PvP aspect, it seems like they tried to imitate other games, but not doing it properly? So people are more likely to get killed... and you get kill points... and then what?

Also, the build of Fiesta characters makes it hard for people to compete with people more than 5 levels away from their level range. Each level makes a huge difference in power, so i personally feel that PvP isnt the go for Fiesta based on the nature of the game.

G____G

G____GTevaG____G
Heart___G_Hessah_G___Heart
79 - Paladin | 85 - Enchanter | 91 - Scoutxx
Ninja text! For those who's easily amused
I can show you the woooorld!
I don't want to see it!
okay...

Old 11-12-2008, 10:30 AM   #5
a.L
A to the R to the K

a.L has much to be proud ofa.L has much to be proud ofa.L has much to be proud ofa.L has much to be proud ofa.L has much to be proud ofa.L has much to be proud ofa.L has much to be proud ofa.L has much to be proud ofa.L has much to be proud ofa.L has much to be proud of
Those PvP KQs would be nice.
Old 11-12-2008, 10:53 AM   #6
Dynamics
Karasian Solider

Dynamics is a name known to allDynamics is a name known to allDynamics is a name known to allDynamics is a name known to allDynamics is a name known to allDynamics is a name known to all
Originally Posted by Hessah View Post
I agree that they're going in the wrong direction.

The most unique thing they have in this game is Kingdom Quest, and hardly anybody joins it now, because everything else in the game is a better thing to do than Kingdom quest.

I know that back when KQ was very popular, was when we didn't have Abyss and all, it was a grind fest. But at the same time, the resources and time consumed in a KQ (that has a really high failing % rate) hardly match up to the rewards now.

And the PvP aspect, it seems like they tried to imitate other games, but not doing it properly? So people are more likely to get killed... and you get kill points... and then what?

Also, the build of Fiesta characters makes it hard for people to compete with people more than 5 levels away from their level range. Each level makes a huge difference in power, so i personally feel that PvP isnt the go for Fiesta based on the nature of the game.

I forgot about this. I remember WoW was first to introduce the "levelling via quests" thing, because many of it's features were only available at cap. But there's nothing to find after capping yourself in Fiesta. It's like you say, they're trying to go into the PvP direction but they don't have the right content or even the right ideas to make it work.

Yeah, kingdom quests are unique to Fiesta, but they stuffed it up with the implementation of levelling from quests. KQ's are no longer about teamwork, it's about who gets the mob kills for their quests.

I think it emphasizes the point that they're ruining Fiesta's original game flow, when they try to thoughtlessly add unique elements from other games. I think there were plenty of other options for improving the experience a player gained, that would've worked with Fiesta a lot better.

Just a rough example from my head would be to give bonus experience for having more of the same guild members in a party. This encourages the whole 'guilds sticking together' thing they're pushing with the recent abyss changes, minus the increase in guild warring. They should just slowly implement REAL incentives for warring other people, not just wreckless reasons you find in today's drama. Incentives like guild points as mentioned before and additional guild buffs to the ones provided by academy. There's so many possibilities with guilds, and Fiesta doesn't seem to be taking any on board.

I know Fiesta is a game in development, but it's been a good year. That's enough time to at least show concept or direction, and Fiesta hasn't provided even that.

Last edited by Dynamics; 11-12-2008 at 12:25 PM..
Old 11-12-2008, 12:00 PM   #7
Lady-Loki
sane, so says the voices

Tower Defense 2007 Champion!Tournaments Won: 4

In-Game Name: Lady_Loki | Lady_Raine | Lady_Leilani | Lady_Danae | Lady_Julietta
Current Level: this changes more often than I care to update this detail
Server: Teva (main) Epith (secondary) other 2 (fallback)
Lady-Loki has disabled reputation
I agree that they are going in the wrong direction in attempting to remove the "CareBear" feel of the game. I personally do not like pvp for the sake of pvp, I will play pvp with guildies for fun (as our guild has done in the past), but pvp is not why I joined Fiesta to begin with.

What troubles me is that the community feel of the game has been cited as peoples favorite aspect of the game so many times, Player of the month and competition winners and people in general just stating in on forum posts, and yet, that one aspect that was cited over & over is the one that is being damaged most by the recent changes. It is as if they ask questions from a "Winner's Interview Sheet" and never really read the responses.

I expect that as this direction continues there will be many who reach a point that they are fed up with it and some of the best players of the community will move on to find a new community that still has a CareBear feel to it. I know if it gets much worse I will be out there looking for a new game, just as I was looking when I happened upon this one because I play to have fun, NOT to be stressed by people who are levels above me making it so that I have to lurke through shrubs to get to a different map just to avoid accidentally running into the thugs of the game.

Please click my Dragon Eggs to help my babies along.

Join the FiestaFan Folding@Home team! Details, questions and comments HERE
And, just for the heck of it, you can visit my mini city to help my population grow:
<--youarehere
Old 11-12-2008, 12:35 PM   #8
Enraya
WONDERARCHER

Server: Teva
Enraya is a splendid one to beholdEnraya is a splendid one to beholdEnraya is a splendid one to beholdEnraya is a splendid one to beholdEnraya is a splendid one to beholdEnraya is a splendid one to beholdEnraya is a splendid one to behold
I also thought that the closeness of the community was the main strength for Fiesta. Most people get time to develop friends and learn the names to the guilds/people they see often in their server, and the main forums are well used so people can meet others there too.

Imo, the KQ quests and new abyss ruined a lot of it. KQ has always been about teamwork, but now it's just getting quest kills. Nobody ever focuses on finishing the KQ because the KQ reward is so pale next to the quest reward. A lot of people now stay behind to kill monsters for their quests and detatch themselves from the main group, making the entire KQ fail.
The new abyss, no explanation needed. I don't see the point of making abysses free to all levels, because that's just like a regular map, except perhaps smaller and with PvP. It's bait for any bully out there that just wants kill points or to harass others because they're bored.

One thing I really miss are the good guild wars. Before FBZ, that was the only way to fight someone else and it was really exciting xD I always get pumped up during guild wars because guild chat flows along so fast with random strategies and comments. Now, most of the time people don't gw for fun, they gw to harass or to avenge.

Btw, what do set items mean? LOL.

{ enraya ! }
Old 11-12-2008, 12:55 PM   #9
_JunShyr_*FTW*
Ice Vivi

Tournaments Won: 16

In-Game Name: Zidane
Current Level: 93
Server: Cypion
_JunShyr_*FTW* is on a distinguished road
Hey all, ok from what i can see i agree with alot of what's being said to do with guild wars out of control and what not and i do agree, but you always need some form of power in any game whats the point of being strong without being able to use it in a sense :| otherwise u would be either leveling yourselfs or leveling others.
With lots of you referring to WoW i think if they want to steal pvp they should steal WoW's pvp arena's i mean they were great fun the capture the flag games and what not, brought something fun yet challenging to the game and i would love to see something similar but unique at the same time brought to Fiesta.
And yes i think fiesta are copying WoW as the korean version now has instance dungeons -.-
Old 11-12-2008, 01:18 PM   #10
Dynamics
Karasian Solider

Originally Posted by Lady-Loki View Post
I agree that they are going in the wrong direction in attempting to remove the "CareBear" feel of the game. I personally do not like pvp for the sake of pvp, I will play pvp with guildies for fun (as our guild has done in the past), but pvp is not why I joined Fiesta to begin with.

What troubles me is that the community feel of the game has been cited as peoples favorite aspect of the game so many times, Player of the month and competition winners and people in general just stating in on forum posts, and yet, that one aspect that was cited over & over is the one that is being damaged most by the recent changes. It is as if they ask questions from a "Winner's Interview Sheet" and never really read the responses.

I expect that as this direction continues there will be many who reach a point that they are fed up with it and some of the best players of the community will move on to find a new community that still has a CareBear feel to it. I know if it gets much worse I will be out there looking for a new game, just as I was looking when I happened upon this one because I play to have fun, NOT to be stressed by people who are levels above me making it so that I have to lurke through shrubs to get to a different map just to avoid accidentally running into the thugs of the game.

I think it'd be very possible for Fiesta to serve those who want a community and those who want a competitive gaming experience. But Fiesta just doesn't seem to be thinking critically about it.

Originally Posted by Enraya
Btw, what do set items mean? LOL.

Item sets are items that are specialized for one another and expected to be used with another. A loose analogy I could use is that it's like the McDonalds toys, you collect one you're kinda happy, you collect 'em all you're full happy.

The entire 'item set' will have a prefix like "swing" (from those boots we saw in the thread Loveless made), and completing more of the set will give you special bonuses. You have to collect the swing boots, the swing helmet, the swing body and swing leg armor to complete the set. Having the full "swing" set will increase your crit rate, deva stun rate, decrease deva SP consumption and maybe give you a different ability (can't confirm from the ambigous english).

Originally Posted by _JunShyr_*FTW* View Post
Hey all, ok from what i can see i agree with alot of what's being said to do with guild wars out of control and what not and i do agree, but you always need some form of power in any game whats the point of being strong without being able to use it in a sense :| otherwise u would be either leveling yourselfs or leveling others.
With lots of you referring to WoW i think if they want to steal pvp they should steal WoW's pvp arena's i mean they were great fun the capture the flag games and what not, brought something fun yet challenging to the game and i would love to see something similar but unique at the same time brought to Fiesta.
And yes i think fiesta are copying WoW as the korean version now has instance dungeons -.-

I'm not saying PvP is bad at all, I'm saying how fiesta's implemention of it is horrible. I love showing off my power just as much as the next guy, but Fiesta really has a loose grasp of what a good PvP system entails. It's like the developers for fiesta figured "we'll just throw in the ability for them to smack each other senseless and call it pvp." There honestly is no regard for balance or incentives for PvP and guildwar alike in my opinion. WoW has a very well established PvP system, and it seems like Fiesta's trying to make something similar. Unfortunately Fiesta's not taking into consideration a lot of things:

- Items and character stats aren't powerful enough: This is best exampled by the simple fact that, the damage a player deals is hugely dependant on that players level instead of their stats.
- Skills are uninventive. Seriously. A skill either damages, stuns (fear's a stun imo), or heals. With the one exception of mana burn, which is easily countered with an SP stone (saywut).
- Guild war incentives and PvP incentives are naught. When I say naught, I mean naught. You don't get squat for PvPing or guild warring, other than your own self inflated ego.
- They're making PvP damaging to the community, when it really shouldn't. This is a huge problem right now and I don't think it needs explaining.
- There's nothing unique in Fiesta's PvP system at all. It's basically a shell waiting to be filled with ideas. But Fiesta doesn't seem to have any real ideas from what I've seen.

Last edited by Dynamics; 11-12-2008 at 01:29 PM..
Closed Thread