Remember, you MUST register to post on the Fiesta Fan forums. It's completely free to join. Just click HERE to become a member for free!

REGISTER NOW TO REMOVE ALL ADS ON THIS FORUM!

Closed Thread

Old 05-21-2008, 10:10 PM   #1
booyah8876
.:~*♥*~:.

In-Game Name: booyah8877
Current Level: 88.65
Server: Teva
booyah8876 is a splendid one to beholdbooyah8876 is a splendid one to beholdbooyah8876 is a splendid one to beholdbooyah8876 is a splendid one to beholdbooyah8876 is a splendid one to beholdbooyah8876 is a splendid one to beholdbooyah8876 is a splendid one to behold
Send a message via ICQ to booyah8876 Send a message via Yahoo to booyah8876 Send a message via Skype™ to booyah8876
English again =/

This one may not be so good...

but it has nothing to do with sex, so maybe you can all calm down a little.

Thanks ;D
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~+
The two faces of love
Are as easy as this
It's the best feeling in the world
And the one you'll never miss
You'll always have someone to hold
Idealistic views of happiness

From the beginning you'll never see
The flaws you do ignore
Until they're just too obvious
They knock upon your door
At once the thoughts flood your mind:
"Is he with me, or with another whore?"

It all starts to fall apart one at a time
Like a row of deadly dominoes
Fear, doubt, hatred, jealousy, regret, paranoia
The life now full of woes
A strike into the center of your memory-
'I can't help it, this love endlessly grows!'-

One day you take the time
to reminisce upon the days of golden joy
When you laughed, lived, loved
Knocked upon the gates of Troy
You knew that you would make it
Despite others saying your soul he would destroy.

The light shines and you can see clear
What you have to do
Give him another shot
You show him you find your love to be true
After all no proof of him being wrong
Maybe it was just you?

A valuable lesson you just realized
Among your poisons you will have to pick
You swore to love him forever
Whether he is healthy or he's sick
Everyone has his or her flaws
Learning which ones you can live with is the trick.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

So yeah... I get to make that poem into a movie ._.

I wish I had longer than a day to write it and make the movie...

I bet I could've made that poem better =/

Originally Posted by el eye Zee
Lol. He said, "I'll punch you in the boob." and I was like, "I'll punch you in the bawlz and we both know that hurts more D<" and he was like, "I won't let you." and I was like, "d00d.. ur a tiny piece of sheet. u punch, i punch. mine will hurt more." and then he was like, "People are probably talking to me. g2g."
I pay to play the RL MMORPG, College. 4 years grinding in college gets you a piece of paper for the rest of your life and you can buy enough stuff to +9 your car//house.

liZ

Last edited by booyah8876; 05-22-2008 at 01:36 AM.. Reason: Yay for critics =3
Old 05-21-2008, 10:15 PM   #2
Triumph
Wiki Head Admin

Deal or No Deal Champion!Tournaments Won: 1

In-Game Name: FFXIV
Current Level: 80
Server: Coeurl
Triumph has much to be proud ofTriumph has much to be proud ofTriumph has much to be proud ofTriumph has much to be proud ofTriumph has much to be proud ofTriumph has much to be proud ofTriumph has much to be proud ofTriumph has much to be proud ofTriumph has much to be proud of
Written from a female's perspective?
Old 05-21-2008, 10:18 PM   #3
Belaslav
Yank me.

In-Game Name: -quit-
Current Level: -quit-
Belaslav has much to be proud ofBelaslav has much to be proud ofBelaslav has much to be proud ofBelaslav has much to be proud ofBelaslav has much to be proud ofBelaslav has much to be proud ofBelaslav has much to be proud ofBelaslav has much to be proud ofBelaslav has much to be proud ofBelaslav has much to be proud of
Send a message via MSN to Belaslav
Probably yes, cause otherwise... scary.

Free software for Virus, Malware, Adware and Spyware protection: Avast and Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware.

Those of you using Firefox I recommend NoScript and AdBlock Plus addons.
Old 05-21-2008, 10:18 PM   #4
booyah8876

booyah8876 is a splendid one to beholdbooyah8876 is a splendid one to beholdbooyah8876 is a splendid one to beholdbooyah8876 is a splendid one to beholdbooyah8876 is a splendid one to beholdbooyah8876 is a splendid one to beholdbooyah8876 is a splendid one to behold
Send a message via ICQ to booyah8876 Send a message via Yahoo to booyah8876 Send a message via Skype™ to booyah8876
I guess so...

I never meant for it to start that way...

then again...

I'm kinda like a kitchen door...

swingin' both ways.

But I'm not implying that D:

Just yeah.

Go from a female's perspective >.<;

Lol. He said, "I'll punch you in the boob." and I was like, "I'll punch you in the bawlz and we both know that hurts more D<" and he was like, "I won't let you." and I was like, "d00d.. ur a tiny piece of sheet. u punch, i punch. mine will hurt more." and then he was like, "People are probably talking to me. g2g."
I pay to play the RL MMORPG, College. 4 years grinding in college gets you a piece of paper for the rest of your life and you can buy enough stuff to +9 your car//house.

liZ
Old 05-21-2008, 10:36 PM   #5
Belaslav
Yank me.

In-Game Name: -quit-
Current Level: -quit-
Belaslav has much to be proud ofBelaslav has much to be proud ofBelaslav has much to be proud ofBelaslav has much to be proud ofBelaslav has much to be proud ofBelaslav has much to be proud ofBelaslav has much to be proud ofBelaslav has much to be proud ofBelaslav has much to be proud ofBelaslav has much to be proud of
Send a message via MSN to Belaslav
Transvestite?

Free software for Virus, Malware, Adware and Spyware protection: Avast and Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware.

Those of you using Firefox I recommend NoScript and AdBlock Plus addons.
Old 05-21-2008, 10:39 PM   #6
booyah8876

Transvestite = Male Tomboy.

Eddie Izzard does a fine job of explaining it.

But nö.

For some reason... while writing this...

"he" came out easier for me than "her"

>.>;

liZ
Old 05-21-2008, 10:54 PM   #7
Triumph
Wiki Head Admin

Deal or No Deal Champion!Tournaments Won: 1

In-Game Name: FFXIV
Current Level: 80
Server: Coeurl
Triumph has much to be proud ofTriumph has much to be proud ofTriumph has much to be proud ofTriumph has much to be proud ofTriumph has much to be proud ofTriumph has much to be proud ofTriumph has much to be proud ofTriumph has much to be proud ofTriumph has much to be proud of
Time to critique, methinks. I don't know if you're the type to take offense to criticism, but I'll still offer my opinion.

Originally Posted by booyah8876 View Post
The two faces of love
Are as easy as this
It's the best feeling in the world
And the one you'll never miss
You'll always have someone to hold
Idealistic views of happiness.
Maybe it is my personal preference, but I dislike the use of contractions in a literary work. It seems too colloquial, and I would suggest removing them. However, it appears you're using iambic pentameter. Up to you at this point.

From the beginning you'll never see
The flaws you do ignore
Until they're just too obvious
They knock upon your door
At once the thoughts flood your mind:
"Is he with me, or with another whore?"
Again, the contractions.

It all starts to fall apart one at a time
Like a row of deadly dominoes
Fear, doubt, hatred, jealousy, regret, paranoia
The life now full of woes
A strike into the center of your memory-
'I can't help it, this love endlessly grows!'-
Perhaps you should restructure the third line to incorporate gradatio. For instance, paranoia is the weakest emotion here, and hatred is the strongest. Perhaps "paranoia, regret, doubt, fear, jealousy, hatred" or something? It's an opinion at this point.

One day you take the time
to reminisce upon the days of golden joy
When you laughed, lived, loved
Knocked upon the gates of Troy
You knew that you would make it
Despite the other people saying your soul he would destroy.
Last line: there is no grammatical error with "the other people," but simply "others" may be a better choice here? Perhaps a synonym for "saying" instead; again, colloquialism.

The light shines and you can see clear
What you have to do
Give him another shot
You show him you find your love to be true
After all no proof of him being wrong
Maybe it was just you?
Third line: "shot" sounds out of place, as it is colloquial. Yes, I criticize colloquialism thoroughly in literary works. To me it sounds uncouth, ah well.

A valuable lesson you just realized
Among your poisons you will have to pick
You swore to love him forever
Whether he is healthy or he's sick
Everyone has their flaws
Learning which ones you can live with is the trick.
Contractions once again. Also, a grammatical error in the penultimate line: everyone has his or her flaws, as "everyone" is a singular term.
Old 05-22-2008, 01:21 AM   #8
Ivramire
Where shall we wander?

Ivramire has much to be proud ofIvramire has much to be proud ofIvramire has much to be proud ofIvramire has much to be proud ofIvramire has much to be proud ofIvramire has much to be proud ofIvramire has much to be proud ofIvramire has much to be proud ofIvramire has much to be proud ofIvramire has much to be proud of
I remember doing stuff like that^ in High-School.

You brought up some bad memories -__-
Old 05-22-2008, 01:33 AM   #9
booyah8876

Quote:
Time to critique, methinks. I don't know if you're the type to take offense to criticism, but I'll still offer my opinion.
Always! =D Go for it

Quote:
Maybe it is my personal preference, but I dislike the use of contractions in a literary work. It seems too colloquial, and I would suggest removing them. However, it appears you're using iambic pentameter. Up to you at this point.
._.
If you wish to see iambic pentameter go look in my other English Poem thread... or the dictionary.
Iambic = not here.

Quote:
Perhaps you should restructure the third line to incorporate gradatio. For instance, paranoia is the weakest emotion here, and hatred is the strongest. Perhaps "paranoia, regret, doubt, fear, jealousy, hatred" or something? It's an opinion at this point.
When you're going through the times of heartache, you don't gradually go up in scale of weakest to strongest emotions, you're shot, and I was just reflecting upon personal experiences. =/

Quote:
Last line: there is no grammatical error with "the other people," but simply "others" may be a better choice here? Perhaps a synonym for "saying" instead; again, colloquialism.
I need to shorten things. Simple as that. =)

Quote:
Third line: "shot" sounds out of place, as it is colloquial. Yes, I criticize colloquialism thoroughly in literary works. To me it sounds uncouth, ah well.
That line was more of a thought, not a part of the narrative aspect. No one thinks whether or not they sound colloquial.
Maybe that means indicate it's a thought ._.

Quote:
Contractions once again. Also, a grammatical error in the penultimate line: everyone has his or her flaws, as "everyone" is a singular term.
My English teacher would probably dock me for points if I didn't change it.
*fixed*

Thanks =D

EDIT:

Movie!!!

(When it's done processing, the movie will appear. For now I'm sleeping.

zombie mode ._.

liZ

Last edited by booyah8876; 05-22-2008 at 10:30 AM..
Old 05-22-2008, 03:44 PM   #10
beijmanli
Banned

beijmanli is on a distinguished road
A good book
-edited-

Last edited by Blaaaaaaaah; 05-23-2008 at 12:55 AM..
Closed Thread