Remember, you MUST register to post on the Fiesta Fan forums. It's completely free to join. Just click HERE to become a member for free!

REGISTER NOW TO REMOVE ALL ADS ON THIS FORUM!

Closed Thread

Old 05-19-2008, 04:48 PM   #21
booyah8876
.:~*♥*~:.

In-Game Name: booyah8877
Current Level: 88.65
Server: Teva
booyah8876 is a splendid one to beholdbooyah8876 is a splendid one to beholdbooyah8876 is a splendid one to beholdbooyah8876 is a splendid one to beholdbooyah8876 is a splendid one to beholdbooyah8876 is a splendid one to beholdbooyah8876 is a splendid one to behold
Send a message via ICQ to booyah8876 Send a message via Yahoo to booyah8876 Send a message via Skype™ to booyah8876

Originally Posted by lvramire View Post
meant that STR and its equivalent for Mages, INT is awfully weak on equips...
But when you have 87 points (my END at this lvl) into rather STR, then you'll +dmg only 104. (1 bonus point per 5 STR points)

With all my STR in my gears.

Hammer +32
Boots +14 (I had +22 but I found these ones from a drop and they have +31 END D: )
Pants +33
Helm +17
Armour +28
Shield +30

That's total of +124

lvl 74 (next lvl) I have STR +35 boots waiting for me. making that +145 dmg instead of the +105 it'll be with pure STR in free stats.

Originally Posted by el eye Zee
Lol. He said, "I'll punch you in the boob." and I was like, "I'll punch you in the bawlz and we both know that hurts more D<" and he was like, "I won't let you." and I was like, "d00d.. ur a tiny piece of sheet. u punch, i punch. mine will hurt more." and then he was like, "People are probably talking to me. g2g."
I pay to play the RL MMORPG, College. 4 years grinding in college gets you a piece of paper for the rest of your life and you can buy enough stuff to +9 your car//house.

liZ
Old 05-19-2008, 04:53 PM   #22
Ivramire
Where shall we wander?

Ivramire has much to be proud ofIvramire has much to be proud ofIvramire has much to be proud ofIvramire has much to be proud ofIvramire has much to be proud ofIvramire has much to be proud ofIvramire has much to be proud ofIvramire has much to be proud ofIvramire has much to be proud ofIvramire has much to be proud of
Dmg increase in char window from statted equips isn't the same as Dmg increase from anything else. Its effect is far weaker, part of the reason why STR equips are so cheap, and END equips expensive.
Old 05-19-2008, 05:01 PM   #23
booyah8876

booyah8876 is a splendid one to beholdbooyah8876 is a splendid one to beholdbooyah8876 is a splendid one to beholdbooyah8876 is a splendid one to beholdbooyah8876 is a splendid one to beholdbooyah8876 is a splendid one to beholdbooyah8876 is a splendid one to behold
Send a message via ICQ to booyah8876 Send a message via Yahoo to booyah8876 Send a message via Skype™ to booyah8876
Dmg increase in char window from statted equips isn't the same as Dmg increase from anything else. Its effect is far weaker, part of the reason why STR equips are so cheap, and END equips expensive.
Watch the dmg!

I did it on my mage when I was going pure INT.

each INT point raised M.DMG 1 point and when I hit 5 points it gave me 2 upped.

Same with INT stats on my staff, other than the fact I was using +23 INT I only got +23 to M.DMG not +27.

I don't see where there's a difference.

Lol. He said, "I'll punch you in the boob." and I was like, "I'll punch you in the bawlz and we both know that hurts more D<" and he was like, "I won't let you." and I was like, "d00d.. ur a tiny piece of sheet. u punch, i punch. mine will hurt more." and then he was like, "People are probably talking to me. g2g."
I pay to play the RL MMORPG, College. 4 years grinding in college gets you a piece of paper for the rest of your life and you can buy enough stuff to +9 your car//house.

liZ
Old 05-19-2008, 05:05 PM   #24
Ivramire
Where shall we wander?

Ivramire has much to be proud ofIvramire has much to be proud ofIvramire has much to be proud ofIvramire has much to be proud ofIvramire has much to be proud ofIvramire has much to be proud ofIvramire has much to be proud ofIvramire has much to be proud ofIvramire has much to be proud ofIvramire has much to be proud of
I did o.o

and even with 80+ STR from eqs (wasn't really looking for STR, just happened to have on equips) the effect was minimal. Don't think dmg formula is that simple though as to be a static increase with +INT/STR from eqs.

There's gotta be some modifiers, such as free stat STR bypassing mob defense, the same non-applicable to STR/INT from eqs..

EDIT- just to clarify,

Originally Posted by booyah8876 View Post
lvl 74 (next lvl) I have STR +35 boots waiting for me. making that +145 dmg instead of the +105 it'll be with pure STR in free stats.
?

Last edited by Ivramire; 05-19-2008 at 05:09 PM..
Old 05-19-2008, 05:10 PM   #25
booyah8876

I did o.o

and even with 80+ STR from eqs (wasn't really looking for STR, just happened to have on equips) the effect was minimal. Don't think dmg formula is that simple though as to be a static increase with +INT/STR from eqs.

There's gotta be some modifiers.
So then as the lvls go up, the stats you get change based on your builds?

That would be weird o.o'

Either way...

I'm hitting like 40 dmg more per hit with all my str than if I was using none of that STR.

Maybe it would be different if I changed my free stat to STR?

But I can't give up my 14,4% block rate ._.

It's teh awezome.

EDIT:

To clarify.

If I had pure STR in free stats... +89 STR would actually give +106 dmg.

I have all the STR on my gears for a total of +124 right now (+145 next lvl)

liZ

Last edited by booyah8876; 05-19-2008 at 05:13 PM..
Old 05-19-2008, 05:13 PM   #26
Ivramire
Where shall we wander?

Originally Posted by booyah8876 View Post
So then as the lvls go up, the stats you get change based on your builds?

That would be weird o.o'

Either way...

I'm hitting like 40 dmg more per hit with all my str than if I was using none of that STR.

Maybe it would be different if I changed my free stat to STR?

But I can't give up my 14,4% block rate ._.

It's teh awezome.

I think wer'e misunderstanding somewhere here o-o? Different stats based on builds?

And yes, block rate is awesome~

EDIT-do we mean the same thing when we say free stats? Free stats for me means the 1 free stat point you get when you lvl. The one with intristic effect when applied to a stat.

Last edited by Ivramire; 05-19-2008 at 05:16 PM..
Old 05-19-2008, 05:27 PM   #27
booyah8876

I think wer'e misunderstanding somewhere here o-o? Different stats based on builds?

And yes, block rate is awesome~

EDIT-do we mean the same thing when we say free stats? Free stats for me means the 1 free stat point you get when you lvl. The one with intristic effect when applied to a stat.
Yeah we're talking about the same free stats, but I'm trying to understand something of the intrinsic nature. I mean... intrinsic meaning that the stats you get when you level up are directly affected by which free stat points you use?

That'll solve a lot of my questions if you can answer that

liZ
Old 05-19-2008, 05:35 PM   #28
Ivramire
Where shall we wander?

Well that wold be cool if it was that way, but I don't think it is .__.

By intristic effect, I mean the unique effect of its application in the character stats window, different from stats from eqs. Like STR and INT bypassing mob def to add a static increase to DMG when applied to free-stat STR. eg-STR+30=norm dmg. +36, unlike +30 dmg from eqs where that figure is mitigated by mob defense.

Or free-stat END adding to block-rate too, unlike END from eqs with reduced direct damage prevention and the standard HP increase.
Old 05-19-2008, 05:43 PM   #29
booyah8876

Well that wold be cool if it was that way, but I don't think it is .__.

By intristic effect, I mean the unique effect of its application in the character stats window, different from stats from eqs. Like STR and INT bypassing mob def to add a static increase to DMG when applied to free-stat STR. eg-STR+30=norm dmg. +36, unlike +30 dmg from eqs where that figure is mitigated by mob defense.

Or free-stat END adding to block-rate too, unlike END from eqs with reduced direct damage prevention and the standard HP increase.
AHhhhhh

But in STR when you add it to free stats bypasses mob def?!

HOLY FCK D:

/stat reset.

awwwwwwwww

nööö

I'm fine with what I do.

Mostly Duo.

I can't believe the extra dmg goes through the mob def >.>;

so according to that... I would be doing +88 dmg each hit on a mob rather than the +40 or so from all my Equip Stats?

D:

liZ
Old 05-19-2008, 05:52 PM   #30
Ivramire
Where shall we wander?

+Str or Int from equips is mitigated by mob defense so it won't have much effect. Heard someone saying on officials that he noticed a change of about 5 with a +30 int wep instead of NPC but I can't exactly confirm atm.

Free stat INT and STR does a static 1 damage to mobs with every 1 point (by general consensus) and can be tested (supposedly) by taking a lvl 1 character and observing damage to mobs. HIT until you do manage to connect then apply the 1 free STR/INT point you get at the start. It should be 1 higher than before, showing that it penetrates mob def.

Free stat STR/INT may be affected by free stat DEF/SPR maybe, not sure, so it might not have full effect in PvP.
Closed Thread