Remember, you MUST register to post on the Fiesta Fan forums. It's completely free to join. Just click HERE to become a member for free!

REGISTER NOW TO REMOVE ALL ADS ON THIS FORUM!

Old 01-04-2009, 12:44 PM   #1
Villi
Grave Robber

In-Game Name: Elementary/TheBunny
Current Level: 6x/5x
Server: Apoline
Villi is on a distinguished road
Archer empowerments..

Okay, my new archer's just lvl 22 atm, i've tested the pure dex, str, hybrid and stuff. satisfied with 25spr/rest str now and will be that.

But now, the empowerments, i have maxed the dmg of aimed and power shots, thinking about minimazing cd of both and some in poison/bone shot cd's, but i've never been higher than 30 on archer, so are there maybe some MUST DO's like devastate on fighter, heal on cleric, mm1 on mage etc?
I'd like to know them checked all the guides, but they're all different, i'm looking for a good pvp archer.

So, give me some advice

Born this way, Die this way!
xXx

Villi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2009, 01:00 PM   #2
Enraya
WONDERARCHER

Server: Teva
Enraya is a splendid one to beholdEnraya is a splendid one to beholdEnraya is a splendid one to beholdEnraya is a splendid one to beholdEnraya is a splendid one to beholdEnraya is a splendid one to beholdEnraya is a splendid one to behold
For archers, I know must do's are with the poison AoEs.

I would start empowering Mist at lvl 51, and start saving up points for Piercing at 67. The standard is max cooldown, but I recommend adding in attack power or sp (power for attracting aggro, maybe sp as they burn SP quite a bit e_e)
Aimed and Power Shot is a must too xD Max attack power/cooldown seems like a good choice.

>edit
Oh wait PvP archer LOL.
The above is mainly for PvE, since archers are amazing AoE solo'ers (and partiers in the right condition) xD Not sure what to recommend for PvP haha.

{ enraya ! }
Enraya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2009, 01:17 PM   #3
Villi
Grave Robber

In-Game Name: Elementary/TheBunny
Current Level: 6x/5x
Server: Apoline
Villi is on a distinguished road
hmm..ohh okay, that'll do max power/cd of aimed/power should do for pvp

Born this way, Die this way!
xXx

Villi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2009, 04:39 PM   #4
Zwivix
AichtVeeGee4Life

Moebius Syndrome Champion!Tournaments Won: 7

In-Game Name: Zwivix|iThePirate|GardenWeasel
Current Level: 103.01| 67.10|50.24
Zwivix is a splendid one to beholdZwivix is a splendid one to beholdZwivix is a splendid one to beholdZwivix is a splendid one to beholdZwivix is a splendid one to beholdZwivix is a splendid one to beholdZwivix is a splendid one to beholdZwivix is a splendid one to behold
Disclaimer: I am not a PvP archer.

Yea max CD of your skills that have a cast time would be a start. I personally would concentrate on aim since faster cast time and longer distance

My empowerment priority would be

Aim Shot>Power Shot>Poison Shot>Bone Shot>Mist>Piercing Shot>Venom Shot

● If I kill you, that means I'll be the one closest to you when you're on your deathbed●
● If anyone else kills you, I'll kill that person●

Disclaimer:150% guy I prefer the siggys with the hot babes for my own visual gratification!"

TEVA:
||Zwivix (Lv.103)[Ranger]||Holy_VanGuards||♥Nilathiel♥
||iThePirate(Lv.66)[Warrior]||VanGuards
||GardenWeasel(Lv.50)[WizMage]||VanGuards
Zwivix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2009, 11:00 AM   #5
Enraya
WONDERARCHER

Enraya is a splendid one to beholdEnraya is a splendid one to beholdEnraya is a splendid one to beholdEnraya is a splendid one to beholdEnraya is a splendid one to beholdEnraya is a splendid one to beholdEnraya is a splendid one to behold
^ I really really wish they would fix venom shot's animation/cast time. It was long enough already, and they doubled it e_e I hardly use it unless against bosses/higher hp mobs

{ enraya ! }
Enraya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2009, 12:24 PM   #6
mavricgabriel
Imp

In-Game Name: mavricgabriel
Current Level: lvl 84 supersonic scout
Server: Bijou
mavricgabriel is on a distinguished road
ARE a must to empower:
aimed shot = max DMG/CD
power shot = max DMG/CD
nature's mist = max CD
Piercing shot = max CD

alternate (really depend on you if you want to empower)
Multi shot = max DMG/CD

you will still have reserved points for future archer skills

my build is 25 SPR/all STR (bow user, dunno why)

For PvP:
Well, how could i comment on this. Archers can only kill fellow archers and mages. No chance for fighters at same level or -10 lvls (and for those who said they can, dont kid yourself). Impractical to kill clerics. Kiting is your only strategy. Prepare to be called a coward coz they WILL call you that eventually.

R.I.P. NoMercy March 2009
mavricgabriel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2009, 06:29 AM   #7
iDerrick
Symphony

Tournaments Won: 2

iDerrick has a brilliant futureiDerrick has a brilliant futureiDerrick has a brilliant futureiDerrick has a brilliant futureiDerrick has a brilliant futureiDerrick has a brilliant futureiDerrick has a brilliant futureiDerrick has a brilliant futureiDerrick has a brilliant futureiDerrick has a brilliant futureiDerrick has a brilliant future
I wouldnt put cool down on any DoT skill for archer. I maxed out my cool down and damage though on both power shot and aim shot. If youre going to do a lot of 1v1 like what I did with my archer, I'd focus most of your empowerments on power shot and aim shot.

My archer is trying out new things though. I have also maxed out damage on my multi shot as well as its cool down. Even though my archer doesn't have any end points (only the end i get from my gear), I'm still a beastly tank. I haven't put any points into natures mist yet though and I dont know if I will since I only use it to poison my mob then use multi shot to finish the job.
iDerrick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2009, 01:00 PM   #8
Mindspank
Flying Staff

In-Game Name: Mindspank
Current Level: 103 Sharpshooter
Server: Bijou
Mindspank will become famous soon enough
Send a message via Yahoo to Mindspank
Alot of good advice in here for PvP AND PvE as well.

Originally Posted by mavricgabriel
"Prepare to be called a coward coz they WILL call you that eventually."
I cannot count on my fingers, toes and teeth how many times I have been called a coward for kiting. But the reason they feel this way is because when you kite pvp, your fighting to the max effectiveness of your class. The other classes dont see it this way because they dont get many, if any, hits in on you. So they want to say your being a coward when in truth, an archer kiting is the same as a warrior standing there using devistate or a cleric healing. A coward archer is one who would run form more challenging players and oneshot lower leveled players. If you know the guy your kiting is tough, but your kiting him anyways, they dont have any room to call you a coward.

So I try not to let them saying that bother me.

Fiesta - Mindspank - Bijou - 103 Sharpshooter
Aion - Mindspank - Israphel - 65 Ranger
Mindspank is offline   Reply With Quote