Remember, you MUST register to post on the Fiesta Fan forums. It's completely free to join. Just click HERE to become a member for free!

REGISTER NOW TO REMOVE ALL ADS ON THIS FORUM!

Closed Thread

Old 08-11-2007, 03:53 PM   #1
Blaaaaaaaah
WONDERCLERIC

Tournaments Won: 15

In-Game Name: Bla~ahs
Current Level: 7x
Server: Teva
Blaaaaaaaah has disabled reputation
"Clerics have feelings too T__T" - Dynamics

Yeah sooo I posted this in another thread, but Dynamics agrees that this deserves an entire new thread so here it is. I was about to put this in the Clerics subforum, but then again, I want all the other classes read this too so they know how to pay a little more respect to us next time (of course, this probably doesn't apply to most of you here anyway, hopefully!).

Ok so, what is this thread about? It's basically going to be a rant for the clerics, and some tips of what you should do to avoid pissing a cleric off (nothing good happens from pissing off a cleric! No heal/revive for j00! Trust me, I've got so fustrated at one point I didn't revive a person once since I believe he didn't deserve it. Most of this applies to KQs, but maybe some applies to small parties when training. As you can see, this post is long, so if you can't be bothered to read this, then just read the purple texts.

Bring your damn pots, puh-lease!
Seriously, if you need heal, we will come and keep you alive to the best of our ability. Note: to the best of our ability. But sometimes, we can't. Sometimes we have a whole group of other people to heal and support. You are not the only one. The world does not revolve around you. If you need heal after every single hit from a monster, perhaps you should attack a mob after someone else hits and tanks it. If you require heals that frequently, it means you should not be tanking the damn thing! We don't have time to heal you after every single hit if we have other people to support. Sure, if there is a whole bunch of other (helpful) clerics, then maybe we can, but this it not always the case!

I know there are some lousy clerics out there. Do this:
Originally Posted by Dynamics
Start off with asking them why they aren't doing anything politely, and then proceed to call them insulting names (if they don't say anything or say something stupid, take it as an oppurtunity to freely vent your anger). If you start with screaming at them right off the bat, chances are they won't be changing their playstyle any time soon for you.
But if you see all the clerics running around, healing people, helping people tank if there are not enough tankers, leave them alone! Bring your own pots and heal yourself! It could be that one pot that saves you. Clerics aren't always next to you, they aren't privileged enough to run faster than anyone else, and it will take time for them to actually reach you if they're far away. If you're dying by the second, pot and save yourself! We clerics aren't robots, and we could sometimes be too occupied with the mob that's hitting us to notice your health going down. We can't react as soon as your health goes down. We're not God.

Bring your own pots. Save yourself. We can't always be there for you.

"RESS. RESS. LAST LIFE. RESS." - Shut up.
Firstly, REVIVE HAS A 30 SECOND COOL DOWN! Secondly, REVIVE HAS A 30 SECOND COOL DOWN! Thirdly, REVIVE HAS A 30 SECOND COOL DOWN!

Ok I hope everyone remembers that now. Believe it or not, 30 seconds is a lot of time when you only have 2 minutes left before you get spawned to town. I know how you feel when you're lying there, down to the last life, waiting for res but no clerics seem to res you. You want to scream at them, you want to complain and swear at them for not doing their job! Sure, do it, but before you do, take a look at your surround situation, please. Are there many clerics? Are there are a lot of people dead on the ground? Usually lack of clerics = people dying because there's not enough support going around the whole group. When that happens, don't. scream. for. revive. ok? We will leave you there to ROT if you do that. Because revive has a 30 second cool down, we can't revive you straight away if we've revived someone else.

If a whole bunch of you are dead on the ground, it'll take some time, ok? If after all those revives and you still ran out of time, bad luck then. Everyone have their bad KQs, this is probably yours. Please don't swear or tell them off unreasonably. Sometimes they can't help it. I usually try to find out the order people die in so I revive the ones that dies earliest, but if there's like 4 people, I can't tell who dies first because you all probably died at the same time anyway.

Also, if you think "wtf, why that cleric revive that person instead of me?" I'm sorry. If there are a lot of people dead (which means one or two people might not make it after all the cooldowns), I personally revive the tankers or the more useful people first. We can't revive you just because you want. We need to think about all the other people in the group who are still alive, who's still got a chance to win. If you're one of those people that tend to die ALL the time, then you will probably not be favoured before everyone else. I know, that sounds unfair, but we're doing this for the rest of the group, and we can't do something that only helps one person (who might probably die again afterwards). I've made that mistake once, reviving people who died alot (I was the only cleric) and I was late to the final boss and couldn't heal in time, and failed the KQ.

Look around you and think for a second time before you start yelling for revive. Revive has a 30 second cool down!

Dying after about 2 hits? Stand back.
This is mainly for archers and mages out there. I know most of you are probably smart enough to hang back and deal the damages after someone tanks, but there are about 10% of the rangers out there who are just.. stupid. I hope none of your are one of them since it's pretty much common sense, but if you're a type of person that's really eager to go kill all those mobs at the front out there and finish the KQ, then don't expect a cleric to heal you. I get so annoyed at archer/mages (or other people who die really easily) to rush up ahead.

Firstly, we don't want to run after you and leave the group to heal you, ok? If you can't tank it, then don't! If you die, you make us revive, and you stop us from healing people who are actually doing something right. Secondly, if we chase after you and you die, the mobs who are going after you will probably come after us - we die, and no one will revive you. You don't want that, right? Please, it's good to know you're eager and all, but be patient and stick with the group if you need your cleric's support.

Keep yourself safe. Don't do anything stupid and risk your life if you can't tank it. We will give up supporting you repeatedly if you do.

Omg, you only rant, what the hell do you want us to do?
Simple, just be polite to us, as well as don't do all of the things above. Heck, if you're a careless person and you die a lot, or you did something utterly stupid, you might be able to get away with it if you talk to us politely. I've been in a KQ where this person kept dying (which got really annoying), but when they asked "sorry, can you please res?" I immediately loved them despite how many times they died.

Most of us aren't evil people, and if you treat us nicely, you will be treated in the same manner in return. If there's a whole bunch of dead people including you, and you are DESPERATE for revive, just ask us politely with a "please" (full spelling, you will have time to type that since you're just lying there) and we might consider reviving you before everyone else! Trust me, you'd get a bigger chance of being revived compared to others. Going "RESS RESS I'M DESPERATE RES PLSSSSS!!" doesn't help you. Ok, we get the idea, we see you dead on the ground, but you're overdoing it. Those capital letters makes my eyes bleed and PLS makes me want to stab you in the chest.

If you say "Sorry, can you revive please?" WE WILL LOVE YOU UNCONDITIONALLY! Well, I will anyway. <_<

The point of this thread

is not to tell you clerics rule, worship them, obey everything they say (or you can, if you want, xD!), but to just give them a little respect if they're trying their best. If you see a lousy cleric doing nothing, yell at them! We (the good clerics) don't care! We'd yell at them too for not helping with the support! But if we're healing like there's no tomorrow, reviving like we've never revived before, then be a little more patient. Thanks.

Anyway. This took me forever to type this up. I really doubt anyone out there will really read every single word of this... but yeah, ranting is my special ability and I guess I always go overboard when it comes to complaining. XD!

Last edited by Blaaaaaaaah; 08-11-2007 at 04:10 PM..
Old 08-11-2007, 04:05 PM   #2
Dynamics
Karasian Solider

Tournaments Won: 5

In-Game Name: Dynamics
Current Level: OVER NINE THOUSANDDDDDDDDDDDDD!
Server: under your bed
Dynamics is a name known to allDynamics is a name known to allDynamics is a name known to allDynamics is a name known to allDynamics is a name known to allDynamics is a name known to all
I'm glad you've written this. I think now some people will have insight about how the cleric feels, or at least how you feel lol.

Quote:
If you're dying a lot and you spot one cleric standing around doing nothing helpful, then by all means, scream at them. They deserve to be told off.

I don't know if it's my helpful nature but I can't really help but disagree. It's better to start off with asking them why they aren't doing anything politely, and then proceed to call them insulting names (if they don't say anything or say something stupid, take it as an oppurtunity to freely vent your anger). If you start with screaming at them right off the bat, chances are they won't be changing their playstyle any time soon for you.

Anyway, good stuff.
Old 08-11-2007, 04:07 PM   #3
Blaaaaaaaah
WONDERCLERIC

Tournaments Won: 15

In-Game Name: Bla~ahs
Current Level: 7x
Blaaaaaaaah has disabled reputation
Originally Posted by Dynamics View Post
@anyone too lazy to read the wall of text

Read the purple. Blahs has gone to the trouble of highlighting the most important points with her favorite color .__.
LOL! :3

Ah yeah, I should edit and put that in. It must be because today I've seen way too many people standing around doing nothing in KQs, making me keep thinking when they stand there they don't do anything! Dx I'll change that right away, =D!

Edited it. xD

Last edited by Blaaaaaaaah; 08-11-2007 at 04:10 PM..
Old 08-11-2007, 06:38 PM   #4
tehfusion
Mara Pirates

In-Game Name: Ramesiel
Current Level: 55
tehfusion is on a distinguished road
Send a message via ICQ to tehfusion Send a message via AIM to tehfusion Send a message via MSN to tehfusion Send a message via Yahoo to tehfusion Send a message via Skype™ to tehfusion
This post no longer exists.

Last edited by tehfusion; 01-15-2009 at 01:15 AM..
Old 08-11-2007, 07:12 PM   #5
rokaraged
Naiad Demon

In-Game Name: Renin
Current Level: Renin- TEVA THE RENIN ON BIJOU IS A IMPOSTER
Server: SANITY IS FOR THE WEAK!!
rokaraged will become famous soon enoughrokaraged will become famous soon enough
Always keep 2 heal slaves in my party, that way its perfectly reasonable for me to b**ch at them if someone dies

Yes i'm horrible to my clerics but i love em. There always there to blame if i fail at keeping agro.

ya i'm not getting healed again after this am i?...
The meaning of victory is not to defeat your enemy but to destroy him, to eradicate him from living memory, to leave no remnant of his endeavours, to crush utterly his every achievement and remove from all record his every trace of existence. From that defeat no enemy can recover. That is the meaning of victory.
Old 08-11-2007, 07:19 PM   #6
Neelie
Slime

In-Game Name: Neelie
Current Level: 2 >._.<
Neelie is on a distinguished road
This thread made me register... XD

I think the first thing I'll do is send this to my wonderful friend who happens to be a mage; who also thinks I'm their personal healing machine whenever he goes grinding. He complains on how many stones he has to use to get from one point to the other and then blames me for not healing him when he dies when he clearly sees that I'm getting hit by 2-3 monsters at the same time x.x Then he tells me that he doesn't use the stones because he's thinking that I'm going to heal him. -_-' I do love him, but that is pretty annoying >.O.

The sad thing about all this, that all you say is true. ._. Being the only cleric in a KQ is a nightmare x.x And in the end some people won't even thank you for it. Sure there's some nice people that bother thanking you, but most just don't really care.

Even sadder thing is, that the same happens in all the games I've played, maybe all of them, period. >_>
Old 08-11-2007, 08:07 PM   #7
ChaosTassadar
Imp

ChaosTassadar is on a distinguished road
I actually read every word of that....

I try to take the time to thank all the clerics (and other classes) after beating a KQ or bosses if I'm the main tank, because I personally feel that without them, I would have failed miserably, and feeling that vulnerable and weak really makes me appreciate others. Similarly, I hate asking for a revive, because I don't want to feel that I am leeching off the clerics because others might need the revive more than me, so i tend to wait for 1-1.5 min then just respawn if i dont get revived. I may just be one of few though...
Old 08-11-2007, 08:15 PM   #8
tehfusion
Mara Pirates

In-Game Name: Ramesiel
Current Level: 55
tehfusion is on a distinguished road
Send a message via ICQ to tehfusion Send a message via AIM to tehfusion Send a message via MSN to tehfusion Send a message via Yahoo to tehfusion Send a message via Skype™ to tehfusion
This post no longer exists.

Last edited by tehfusion; 01-15-2009 at 01:14 AM..
Old 08-11-2007, 09:28 PM   #9
fullback
Papa Bear

Tournaments Won: 3

In-Game Name: fullback
Current Level: 6x
fullback is a name known to allfullback is a name known to allfullback is a name known to allfullback is a name known to allfullback is a name known to allfullback is a name known to all
Send a message via MSN to fullback
Originally Posted by rokaraged View Post
Always keep 2 heal slaves in my party, that way its perfectly reasonable for me to b**ch at them if someone dies

Yes i'm horrible to my clerics but i love em. There always there to blame if i fail at keeping agro.

ya i'm not getting healed again after this am i?...
So Ive heard.

Originally Posted by Neelie View Post
This thread made me register... XD

I think the first thing I'll do is send this to my wonderful friend who happens to be a mage; who also thinks I'm their personal healing machine whenever he goes grinding. He complains on how many stones he has to use to get from one point to the other and then blames me for not healing him when he dies when he clearly sees that I'm getting hit by 2-3 monsters at the same time x.x Then he tells me that he doesn't use the stones because he's thinking that I'm going to heal him. -_-' I do love him, but that is pretty annoying >.O.

The sad thing about all this, that all you say is true. ._. Being the only cleric in a KQ is a nightmare x.x And in the end some people won't even thank you for it. Sure there's some nice people that bother thanking you, but most just don't really care.

Even sadder thing is, that the same happens in all the games I've played, maybe all of them, period. >_>
Welcome.
Old 08-11-2007, 10:36 PM   #10
Belaslav
Yank me.

In-Game Name: -quit-
Current Level: -quit-
Belaslav has much to be proud ofBelaslav has much to be proud ofBelaslav has much to be proud ofBelaslav has much to be proud ofBelaslav has much to be proud ofBelaslav has much to be proud ofBelaslav has much to be proud ofBelaslav has much to be proud ofBelaslav has much to be proud ofBelaslav has much to be proud of
Send a message via MSN to Belaslav
This made me laugh. Anyway as for archers acting as tanks is pretty weird. I'm an archer, and I can tank some monsters, but to tank someone that has a red field for you... I call that a rather peculiar form of suicide. I only do that when I see that my KQ is screwed.

EDIT:How long did it take you to type this wall of text O.o?

Free software for Virus, Malware, Adware and Spyware protection: Avast and Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware.

Those of you using Firefox I recommend NoScript and AdBlock Plus addons.
Closed Thread