Remember, you MUST register to post on the Fiesta Fan forums. It's completely free to join. Just click HERE to become a member for free!

REGISTER NOW TO REMOVE ALL ADS ON THIS FORUM!

Closed Thread

Old 07-13-2007, 04:39 PM   #21
Skeith
Kebing

In-Game Name: Kuhn
Current Level: 41
Skeith is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to Skeith

Ok claude! =)
Old 07-14-2007, 03:00 AM   #22
AndyB
Huge Phinofly

Tournaments Won: 1

In-Game Name: AndyB
Current Level: 59 cb / 40 ob
AndyB is on a distinguished road
Updated the guide with Claude and Revy's input.
Old 07-15-2007, 06:11 AM   #23
+Tequila+
Blue Clover Trumpy

In-Game Name: Braver
Current Level: 126
Server: Wildlands(PvP)
+Tequila+ will become famous soon enough+Tequila+ will become famous soon enough
Send a message via AIM to +Tequila+ Send a message via MSN to +Tequila+
Originally Posted by Skeith View Post
AndyB, i don't know what to write or the topic of my guide. lol
Guides are quite easy to start Skeith even if you're wording is a bit off just write what you feel about the class...people will either take it or leave but most will take it.

Originally Posted by Revy View Post
Nice guides both Claude and AndyB. I suggest putting Claude's post into the guide if possible? ^^

For those who didn't buy/use Snearing Kick (aka Taunt O.o): get it ASAP, even if you aren't partying. It's a highly usefull skill, basically this is what makes you able to solo, since it's like a ranged attack - you can pull one monster out from an agro crowd with this, so you can stick to 1v1 fight instead of 1v3++.

Also, 2 little things i'd like to add:
Mock: It has a cap; maximum amout of monsters affected is 5.

Demoralizing Hit (or w/e it's called): An AoE skill which reduces the damage dealt by the monsters around you. Can be lifesaver when your cleric spaces out.
GRRR...somebody make Sasuke read this guide >_< he pwnzored us in Concealed Peak because he does not use Snaring King. and because 2 hand warriors cant tank for crap >_< get shields xD

Jade Dynasty:Braver:13X:Balo
-Heaven Alliance Captain:Stardust Marshall-
Old 07-18-2007, 04:52 PM   #24
sparky
Bored Boar

sparky is on a distinguished road
if the cleric is good, 2h axe fighters FIGHTERS FIGHTERS can tank...

and on the topic 1h sword vs 2h sword, the 2h sword does a larger damage over time...mainly because its speed is not much slower and the crit on it is fairly high. even though it has 1% more than the 1h sword, that 1% is actually quite a bit, don't under-estimate it. granted the axe's crit are more worthy of praise, but its not really as useful in leveling purposes, its more usefull against monsters that you can't take down very quickly like elite monsters.

I'm pretty much a tri-fighter ;p i got all skills 1hsword,2hsword,2haxe - hella expensive and my stats is more toward the 2haxe, but i still do well with 1h and shield

*elite monster is a one of those monsters that are different and lot more stronger but not strong as bosses in KQs, like fighter ratman, hero slime, fighter mushroom, Jewel Grave Robber, piggy bat (dang that thing has too much hp) etc etc

Fighter = Soemone who is well rounded in both defense and physical attack
Warrior = Soemone who excels in physical damage dealing.
Defender= Soemone who excels in defense.
Old 07-18-2007, 05:38 PM   #25
ChaosTassadar
Imp

ChaosTassadar is on a distinguished road
I think using that terminology will get confusing as the job changes for a fighter are fighter, clever fighter, and warrior...
It will be hard to tell which type they are talking about.
Old 07-20-2007, 02:48 PM   #26
FlyingSnow
Mara Pirate Elite

In-Game Name: FlyingSnow
Current Level: 26
Server: Teva
FlyingSnow is on a distinguished road
you do know that axes have the least acc., then 2hands, then 1hands. If you go pure STR for 2handaxe, or sword, you will need to toss a few points into dex. And i really dont see the point of adding to STR at all. You get 1.2 extra dmg for each free stat you put in. there are more useful ones to dump them into like END, or SPR, or DEX if you are 2hands.135 x 1.2 = 162. you will only get an extra 162dmg if you go pure str. and thats only if you hit. OR survive long enough to kill them -_-;;
IGN: Stick. Resevered for the rest of time.
Sever: Teva.

WHO THE HELL STOLE THE CLAN NAME SNOW! LIKE WTF! STOLEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE STEALERRRRRRRR I HATE U!...ok so Rain is the new Snow...THIEF!
Old 07-21-2007, 11:15 AM   #27
CyborGamer
Bored Imp

In-Game Name: Shigure
CyborGamer is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to CyborGamer
Originally Posted by FlyingSnow View Post
you do know that axes have the least acc., then 2hands, then 1hands. If you go pure STR for 2handaxe, or sword, you will need to toss a few points into dex. And i really dont see the point of adding to STR at all. You get 1.2 extra dmg for each free stat you put in. there are more useful ones to dump them into like END, or SPR, or DEX if you are 2hands.135 x 1.2 = 162. you will only get an extra 162dmg if you go pure str. and thats only if you hit. OR survive long enough to kill them -_-;;
IMO, dumping points into dex would more or less be a waste. As seen in game, there is already a LOT of scrolls, and there is accuracy and evasion increasing tiers (scrolls). Bearing that in mind, there is no scrolls for power. None at all. I do agree dumping some on spr is a nice idea though, since there isn't anything that adds extra crits.

END is great, lots of HP and def, but I think some of its features will be wasted as a 2-h sword or axe fighter. Cos end boosts shield block%, but without a shield, that feature is useless. If that is the case, wouldn't you want your points to have a complete effect over the character you're making?

Besides, as said before, there are so many scrolls to increase your stats, but none increases power.

Of course I am speaking without much experience but still, these are my opinion and facts I've concluded.

Last edited by CyborGamer; 07-21-2007 at 11:18 AM..
Old 07-21-2007, 02:19 PM   #28
rokaraged
Naiad Demon

In-Game Name: Renin
Current Level: Renin- TEVA THE RENIN ON BIJOU IS A IMPOSTER
Server: SANITY IS FOR THE WEAK!!
rokaraged will become famous soon enoughrokaraged will become famous soon enough
I agree with this above poster dex wise, i hit pretty consistently and i haven't even touched dex. There are scrolls too.
2handed will need end though in the end, to make up for the lack of defense. They'll need it even MORE once they get vitality. (Dramatically increases str at the cost of defense.)
Spr works great with fighters too, their COMPLETELY horrible magic def is something that needs to be compensated for not only for just the extra critical power. If you really don't think you need end, i would recommend this.

On the other hand in the scroll making descriptions there is "apparently" a scroll that does increase power. This scroll recipie is actually for accuracy increase, but for all we know, it could just be another bug preventing us from accessing these power scrolls.

Then again, power scrolls i've never seen dropped by mobs...

Normally i would reply to a thread like this ages ago but i'm lazy... Good guide you got here..
The meaning of victory is not to defeat your enemy but to destroy him, to eradicate him from living memory, to leave no remnant of his endeavours, to crush utterly his every achievement and remove from all record his every trace of existence. From that defeat no enemy can recover. That is the meaning of victory.
Old 07-21-2007, 05:44 PM   #29
AndyB
Huge Phinofly

Tournaments Won: 1

In-Game Name: AndyB
Current Level: 59 cb / 40 ob
AndyB is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by CyborGamer View Post
IMO, dumping points into dex would more or less be a waste. As seen in game, there is already a LOT of scrolls, and there is accuracy and evasion increasing tiers (scrolls). Bearing that in mind, there is no scrolls for power. None at all. I do agree dumping some on spr is a nice idea though, since there isn't anything that adds extra crits.
Strength potions or whatever they're called add crit and str which increases attack power. Hopefully all recipes will be available in cb2, so potion makers can start producing them. One of the scrolls also increases crit, think its the concentration scroll.

@rokaraged - while its true that vitality lowers defense you can use a scroll to compensate for the lost defense.

Agree with what you both said about dex, not much point in adding to it since fighters seems to have fairly decent accuracy without scrolls, even when using 2h.
Old 07-21-2007, 09:24 PM   #30
Revy
Slow Slime

In-Game Name: Revy
Revy is on a distinguished road
Those "Power Scroll"s have a buggy translation. They're the ones increasing your aim, actually. ^^

Yea, there are STR and DEX potions, but recipes weren't accessible.

However, with a 2h axe, i would think about adding DEX. Axes have even less accuracy than 2h swords, and evasion comes in handly, maybe it's even better than the def from end, since you can evade magic attacks too (can you? O.o). Btw the HP from END is +5hp/point, which isn't too good.
Closed Thread