Remember, you MUST register to post on the Fiesta Fan forums. It's completely free to join. Just click HERE to become a member for free!

REGISTER NOW TO REMOVE ALL ADS ON THIS FORUM!

Old 01-23-2010, 02:41 PM   #1
Dezza
Site Supporter

In-Game Name: Dezza
Current Level: 55/Archer, 35/Cleric, 15/Mage
Server: Bijou [EU]
Dezza will become famous soon enough
North America only?

Being in Europe, I have to now play on Gamigo's version of Fiesta, and there are some differences, such as "Honeyings" are called "Honeybandits".

What are the rules for the wiki regarding these differences? Can a note be made that the data comes from the EU version, with redirects for things with different names for example, or do we stick purely with North American data?
Dezza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2010, 03:21 PM   #2
Ivramire
Where shall we wander?

Ivramire has much to be proud ofIvramire has much to be proud ofIvramire has much to be proud ofIvramire has much to be proud ofIvramire has much to be proud ofIvramire has much to be proud ofIvramire has much to be proud ofIvramire has much to be proud ofIvramire has much to be proud ofIvramire has much to be proud of
I believe that we stick with Outspark's version for the info. The German-language server for example had a wiki-site made for it in German and they asked if they could take some data from here. I would then assume that there's wikis for the other Gamigo-hosted languages.
Ivramire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2010, 07:08 PM   #3
Dezza
Site Supporter

In-Game Name: Dezza
Current Level: 55/Archer, 35/Cleric, 15/Mage
Server: Bijou [EU]
Dezza will become famous soon enough
There is, but none as good as this one
Dezza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2010, 07:36 PM   #4
Triumph
Wiki Head Admin

Deal or No Deal Champion!Tournaments Won: 1

In-Game Name: FFXIV
Current Level: 80
Server: Coeurl
Triumph has much to be proud ofTriumph has much to be proud ofTriumph has much to be proud ofTriumph has much to be proud ofTriumph has much to be proud ofTriumph has much to be proud ofTriumph has much to be proud ofTriumph has much to be proud ofTriumph has much to be proud of
Currently, we are at approximately 5.991.307 views, as of this post. Our view-to-edit ratio is 242.46, which is extremely high. This means that there are less edits coming in, but significant amounts of viewing traffic.

You're welcome to contribute data, though I believe that data should remain as found in the North American version. We are a bit understaffed, so separate entries for EU versions of the game may be possible once a larger user base is built, or if enough EU users are present.
Triumph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2010, 04:50 AM   #5
roxybudgy
Slime

In-Game Name: Kikyou648
Current Level: 37
roxybudgy is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Yahoo to roxybudgy
long-time lurker, first-time poster

MapleStory also has multiple localisations, and yet fans of MapleStory are able to create a wiki that has information that is relevant to everyone.

What we could do, for example, on the article about a mob, if there is a difference in mob name, then why not put both? Such as:

US: Honeying
EU: Honeybandit

Surely having one extra bit of info isn't going to hurt? I would love to help edit the wiki, but since I play on the EU server (quit the US server because my friends can't play on it with me T.T) I'm not sure if I would be allowed to add information about the EU version to the wiki.
roxybudgy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2010, 12:45 PM   #6
aramil001
Grave Wolf

Tournaments Won: 1

In-Game Name: aramil001, aramils_revenge, IDK_a_namE, Kagame
Current Level: 67 fighter, 44 Cleric, 20 Fighter, 14 Archer
Server: Teva, Cypon
aramil001 is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to aramil001 Send a message via Skype™ to aramil001
Originally Posted by roxybudgy View Post
long-time lurker, first-time poster

MapleStory also has multiple localisations, and yet fans of MapleStory are able to create a wiki that has information that is relevant to everyone.

What we could do, for example, on the article about a mob, if there is a difference in mob name, then why not put both? Such as:

US: Honeying
EU: Honeybandit

Surely having one extra bit of info isn't going to hurt? I would love to help edit the wiki, but since I play on the EU server (quit the US server because my friends can't play on it with me T.T) I'm not sure if I would be allowed to add information about the EU version to the wiki.
Triumph makes the point, as bolded above.

Originally Posted by Triumph View Post
Currently, we are at approximately 5.991.307 views, as of this post. Our view-to-edit ratio is 242.46, which is extremely high. This means that there are less edits coming in, but significant amounts of viewing traffic.

You're welcome to contribute data, though I believe that data should remain as found in the North American version. We are a bit understaffed, so separate entries for EU versions of the game may be possible once a larger user base is built, or if enough EU users are present.
I would also like to mention that maintaining a wiki is hard. Also adding a little detail to every single monster would take a lot of time. Triumph also states that if there was more EU member's the wiki would be updated... Maybe a suggestion would be to update the wiki yourself?
Old 03-22-2010, 05:12 PM   #7
roxybudgy
Slime

In-Game Name: Kikyou648
Current Level: 37
roxybudgy is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Yahoo to roxybudgy
I guess I should've been a little more clear.

Yes, I read what Triumph said, which gave me the impression that he wanted to keep the wiki US only or something. And it's not clear what he meant by "more EU users". Does he mean wiki editors or viewers/readers in general?

But yeah, I am offering to go through and add info relating to the EU version of Fiesta. I'm just worried about messing with templates and things, plus I'm just a level 37 atm, so I can pretty much only fill in information up to that point.
roxybudgy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2010, 05:19 PM   #8
aramil001
Grave Wolf

Tournaments Won: 1

In-Game Name: aramil001, aramils_revenge, IDK_a_namE, Kagame
Current Level: 67 fighter, 44 Cleric, 20 Fighter, 14 Archer
Server: Teva, Cypon
aramil001 is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to aramil001 Send a message via Skype™ to aramil001
Originally Posted by roxybudgy View Post
I guess I should've been a little more clear.

Yes, I read what Triumph said, which gave me the impression that he wanted to keep the wiki US only or something. And it's not clear what he meant by "more EU users". Does he mean wiki editors or viewers/readers in general?

But yeah, I am offering to go through and add info relating to the EU version of Fiesta. I'm just worried about messing with templates and things, plus I'm just a level 37 atm, so I can pretty much only fill in information up to that point.
hmm I think that he meant staff for the site in general... Also if I sounded rude, I did not mean to be.
Old 03-23-2010, 01:56 AM   #9
Yosei
Corgi Addict

In-Game Name: Cubyrop(WoW)
Current Level: 85
Server: Maelstrom
Yosei has much to be proud ofYosei has much to be proud ofYosei has much to be proud ofYosei has much to be proud ofYosei has much to be proud ofYosei has much to be proud ofYosei has much to be proud ofYosei has much to be proud ofYosei has much to be proud of
Send a message via AIM to Yosei Send a message via Yahoo to Yosei
Yes he meant the site. Maplestory is a rather old f2p MMO, it's larger than Fiesta, and has been around much longer. So there was probably a lot of time for people to get around to contributing to their wiki, whether it was fansite owned or company owned.

Not to mention, the US version of Fiesta has been out longer than the European version. If I recall, this wiki was even started before beta.

But so far, all or most of the wiki updaters are players of the fiestawiki are US players, so they most likely lack knowledge of the European server.
Yosei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2010, 09:54 PM   #10
Triumph
Wiki Head Admin

Deal or No Deal Champion!Tournaments Won: 1

In-Game Name: FFXIV
Current Level: 80
Server: Coeurl
Triumph has much to be proud ofTriumph has much to be proud ofTriumph has much to be proud ofTriumph has much to be proud ofTriumph has much to be proud ofTriumph has much to be proud ofTriumph has much to be proud ofTriumph has much to be proud ofTriumph has much to be proud of
To my understanding, there is not a significant number of EU players visiting the wiki. However, I will green-light the EU contributions, so long as said edits are noted as belonging to the EU sector. If you have technical questions regarding formatting or editing, please message me on the forums.
Triumph is offline   Reply With Quote