Remember, you MUST register to post on the Fiesta Fan forums. It's completely free to join. Just click HERE to become a member for free!

REGISTER NOW TO REMOVE ALL ADS ON THIS FORUM!

Old 05-01-2013, 12:56 AM   #1
TheOddBall
Slime

TheOddBall is on a distinguished road
Hey

Hi im new to fiesta, Ive played it in the past but only got to around lvl 10 then quit. But am re-installing it now and want to play it a lot more often.

What is the best STARTING class, money wise? I want to branch out and have:
A Tanky Cleric
A Healer Cleric
A Fighter(PvP)
And Archer/Mage(Probably Both)

But what (In your opinion) is the best to first start off as, money wise?

Any feedback is helpful, Also any and all tips are appreciated!

-OddBall
TheOddBall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2013, 02:14 AM   #2
Ivramire
Where shall we wander?

Ivramire has much to be proud ofIvramire has much to be proud ofIvramire has much to be proud ofIvramire has much to be proud ofIvramire has much to be proud ofIvramire has much to be proud ofIvramire has much to be proud ofIvramire has much to be proud ofIvramire has much to be proud ofIvramire has much to be proud of
Possibly Cleric. Specially if you're the baby-sitting kind. Not only will you not have to spend any real money on HP stones, buying super-equipment isn't really necessary for clerics. Not much use for +9 Weps and Armor when you're supposed to be in the back healing.
Ivramire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2013, 06:04 AM   #3
IcED
Angry Wolf

IcED will become famous soon enoughIcED will become famous soon enough
Send a message via MSN to IcED
Clerics save a ton of money for all the reasons Ivramire mentioned.
The draw back is that they are difficult to solo with, because of their lack of attack skills. You literally get only one attack skill from level 5-40 and two attack skills from level 40-100.
Doesn't help that low level areas are pretty empty nowadays, making it hard to find parties willing to help you.

If slow leveling is not something that turns you off, go ahead and choose cleric.
Otherwise I'd suggest fighter, because even in basic white gear, they can take several hits without going splat, and can still kill monsters in a decent amount of
time regardless of your build.

I wouldn't suggest mage at all. They're very squishy and die fast if you make just one little mistake. You'd be chugging more stones and scrolls than most other classes.

I haven't tried levelling an archer yet, so I can't say for sure how well they fare.

tldr;
-Cleric; saves a lot of money; levels super slow
-Fighter; need to invest in some stones, and scrolls if you're going to go
fight a tough boss; levels at a decent pace
-NOT Mage. Too squishy. Dies in a few hits unless geared well. Chugs stones a ton.
Old 05-02-2013, 07:42 AM   #4
Helion
Yippeekaiyay, Motherfu...

Tournaments Won: 10

In-Game Name: Helion_65, UndeadMonkey, BigFatDaddy, HackNFool, MonkeysSoul, Horakthy
Current Level: 104/93/86/115/104/64
Server: Teva
Helion is on a distinguished road
First of all, the most important thing you can do early on is pick your production skills. These need to be scrolls and stones in my opinion, as you will be able to quickly make money from them. The scrolls will also help you survive at any level. If you are able to leave your game on and vend when you can't play, these production skills can help you become rich in game and be able to buy good gears when you start needing them later without spending any real money on enhancing.
As far as best to play without money, cleric is the easiest as Ivra stated, but unless you are partying constantly, it is also the slowest to level. For builds, I would recommend a balanced build of 25spirit (for crit bonus), then split evenly between str and endurance. My cleric is a L102 Holy Knight, and other than Kingdom Quests and Instance Dungeons, I did it pretty much all soloing. Strength is your friend, as it will help you kill quicker, so don't be afraid to get gears with it - most clerics don't find it useful, so those gears are easier to find and buy from others. Also, yes, clerics only have 1 or 2 attacks, but they have a short recovery time, so you can reuse them more quickly.

"I support the Missionary's position....."
- Captain Jack Sparrow
Helion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2013, 07:53 AM   #5
Helion
Yippeekaiyay, Motherfu...

Tournaments Won: 10

In-Game Name: Helion_65, UndeadMonkey, BigFatDaddy, HackNFool, MonkeysSoul, Horakthy
Current Level: 104/93/86/115/104/64
Server: Teva
Helion is on a distinguished road
Note to admins, sorry for the multi-post, had too much to say to go in one post

As far as other characters, feel free to experiment with them also. I have both an archer and a trickster at L93, and have started leveling my fighter (now at level 45). My mage is level 28. Each has benefits and drawbacks to playing them. Mages are "squishy", but with scrolls and being smart about how you attack when soloing, they are not bad to play. As you get farther into the game, they become the most powerful character in the game. Archers become much better to play at L51 when they get their kiting skills. Fighters are always solid at any level of the game, and tricksters are fun due to the multiple skills they get to have.

Fiesta has added so much content at the lower levels now that leveling quickly really shouldn't be a problem even without money. One final tip - find a good guild academy early to get rewards for leveling. They can also help with quests and finding parties.

"I support the Missionary's position....."
- Captain Jack Sparrow
Helion is offline   Reply With Quote