Remember, you MUST register to post on the Fiesta Fan forums. It's completely free to join. Just click HERE to become a member for free!

REGISTER NOW TO REMOVE ALL ADS ON THIS FORUM!

Old 01-07-2017, 06:03 AM   #1
Entropy
Administrator
test 1

test 1
Entropy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2017, 01:27 PM   #2
ThanksEntrophyForKeepingF
Slime

ThanksEntrophyForKeepingF is on a distinguished road
What timing just as I stumble upon this website while emerging from some Fiesta Online nostalgia/random google searching... I see you made a new post/topic here today, just hours ago! Your the one many posters around here say are maintaining/paying the server this fansite is hosted on.

I wanted to say a big thanks for keeping this place alive, by paying for the server costs and thereby maintaining one of these last archived museums of Fiesta Online history. When Outspark went to Gamingo and all that -- the forums there were lost and so did a ton of favorited/bookmarked forum threads and posts I had saved over the years... Guides, player art threads, story threads, guild threads, things I wish I had saved to an offline version as well.

Fiesta Fan all these years later is still around, and I remember passing through indirectly several times because of some related chatter/guides that were linked back here during my visits to the Outspark forums for guides/fan-community art/discussions.

I was never a very active Fiesta Online player and did not ever get involved with the community/forums anywhere in relation to the game -- but I grew a soft spot for Fiesta Online as an overall gaming community/case study of how cutesy and light-hearted graphics for a game like this also had some very wonderful moments of friendly and fun people in-game, along with guilds.

Most importantly though I grew to really love seeing how creative/artistic lots of the players seemed to be outside of the game, back on the official Outspark forums, on independent fansites (like this one) and guild sites.

I was (and still am) a big fan of FatalLace and her community efforts as a player -- her Fiesta Magazine fan project was one of the things I remember fondly, and her blog. It was one of the many examples of players being such passionate fans of the game that the creativity/imagination they showed in art, drawings, player-run events, player-run projects, and guilds have stuck with me as an inspiring example to lock away in my heart all these years later. I really like the quality/activity of all those artsy threads players were maintaining on the official forums back then, it was great to see fan art of the game drawn/made by players, comics even, videos, and more! This was a time before Instagram and Twitter were the giants of media-sharing they are now... I think!

The forums/site here for Fiesta Fan is one of the few places that I know of to be left that carries history, forum activity and history from the days when Outspark was still running Fiesta -- the forum threads/discussions this site therefore holds is really the last ways I've been able to look back in time to see the kind of guides, guilds, game discussions, and tone/activity of community discussions between posters were like back then on this site... and by extension the greater Fiesta Online culture/community as a whole back then while when the game was more active.

Thank you for keeping it alive. Paying for the server, maintaining the site from a technical standpoint. I have been skimming some threads in the last hour:

I am so saddened...
http://www.fiestafan.com/forums/showthread.php?t=33880

urgh kids and whatnot
http://www.fiestafan.com/forums/showthread.php?t=30301

Why is this forums still alive O.o
http://www.fiestafan.com/forums/showthread.php?t=33650

And from what I'm seeing, Fiesta Fan is one of 'those' communities that have managed to form enough strong connection/memories with veteran members that they still come and check this site now and then to chat and pop out of the woodworks once in awhile, even if Fiesta as the common ground game no longer is the mainstay and many have 'moved on to better games on the market' these days, or better yet now either about to finish post-secondary studies, or already well into managing little toddlers and new families of their own!

Keeping this site/forums alive has allowed for people to revisit when free time permits, and stay in touch. As well as even strangers like me being able to stumble upon this site via google search or other Fiesta Online-related browsing binges and feel so gladdened and happy one little niche corner of the internet is a sort of holdout of Fiesta Online history I can read up about while it lasts.

As others in the threads I've read have pointed out; Thank you for keeping this site alive, Entropy. The Fiesta Online period of my life wasn't one I got involved with directly through community forums, or even guilds and friends -- but it has impacted a big part of my outlook on life and how I see creativity, imagination, and passion that others can have for a game the way the Fiesta Online community overall did during my active years as a player when Outspark was around.

Because of it I think my take on life is a lot more light-hearted, hopeful, and filled with a bit of mischievous wonder and twinkle in my eye as I go through life further -- and having Fiesta Fan still around as one of those 'oldie fansites from the active days I remember playing Fiesta Online makes me really happy.

Thank you so much for paying to keep this place alive.

I only made this account to write this, and to stay anonymous since I don't think Fiesta Online is something I will quite return to either to the same capacity... and I was never a part of the Fiesta Fan forum community or the official outspark and/or gamingo communities for the game either... but I have grown up to develop the habit of doing hit'n'run kind of thank yous to people, groups, and things I feel deserve it.

Salutes Entropy!

Last edited by ThanksEntrophyForKeepingF; 01-07-2017 at 01:41 PM..
ThanksEntrophyForKeepingF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2017, 09:58 PM   #3
Yosei
Corgi Addict

In-Game Name: Cubyrop(WoW)
Current Level: 85
Server: Maelstrom
Yosei has much to be proud ofYosei has much to be proud ofYosei has much to be proud ofYosei has much to be proud ofYosei has much to be proud ofYosei has much to be proud ofYosei has much to be proud ofYosei has much to be proud ofYosei has much to be proud of
Send a message via AIM to Yosei Send a message via Yahoo to Yosei
This site is like a cockroach and will survive the apocalypse.
Yosei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2017, 02:47 AM   #4
a.L
A to the R to the K

a.L has much to be proud ofa.L has much to be proud ofa.L has much to be proud ofa.L has much to be proud ofa.L has much to be proud ofa.L has much to be proud ofa.L has much to be proud ofa.L has much to be proud ofa.L has much to be proud ofa.L has much to be proud of
I think immortality is where the similarities end
a.L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2017, 05:12 AM   #5
Blaaaaaaaah
WONDERCLERIC

Tournaments Won: 15

In-Game Name: Bla~ahs
Current Level: 7x
Server: Teva
Blaaaaaaaah has disabled reputation
Originally Posted by ThanksEntrophyForKeepingF View Post
What timing ....
Aw that's such a nice post to read. I remember the FatalLace magazines!
Old 02-01-2017, 03:58 AM   #6
Pritcher
Senior Torturer

Pritcher is a splendid one to beholdPritcher is a splendid one to beholdPritcher is a splendid one to beholdPritcher is a splendid one to beholdPritcher is a splendid one to beholdPritcher is a splendid one to beholdPritcher is a splendid one to behold
Send a message via AIM to Pritcher Send a message via MSN to Pritcher Send a message via Yahoo to Pritcher
Ok, I'm not gonna read that novel, but yeah man; thanks for keepin the site going. I still check in every now 'n then just to see if it's still alive. It is and I do appreciate it.

-------
I'm taking an indefinite break from Fiesta.

Join the FiestaFan Folding@Home team! Details, questions and comments HERE
Pritcher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2017, 04:37 AM   #7
Hessah
Hardcore Procrastinator

Burger Time Champion! Cannon Ball Follies 2 Champion!
Tournaments Won: 51

In-Game Name: Hessah / Ble~ehs
Current Level: 91 / 85 / 79 / 65 / 28
Server: Teeeeeee-vah
Hessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by ThanksEntrophyForKeepingF View Post

Thank you so much for paying to keep this place alive.

Salutes Entropy!
Ditto!

G____G

G____GTevaG____G
Heart___G_Hessah_G___Heart
79 - Paladin | 85 - Enchanter | 91 - Scoutxx
Ninja text! For those who's easily amused
I can show you the woooorld!
I don't want to see it!
okay...

Hessah is offline   Reply With Quote