Remember, you MUST register to post on the Fiesta Fan forums. It's completely free to join. Just click HERE to become a member for free!

REGISTER NOW TO REMOVE ALL ADS ON THIS FORUM!

Closed Thread

Old 02-22-2008, 02:59 PM   #1
Amanda2_0
Speedy Honeying

In-Game Name: Amanda2_0
Current Level: 6x
Server: Teva
Amanda2_0 will become famous soon enoughAmanda2_0 will become famous soon enough
Ksing my Loot O>o

So I was in AEW this morning with a super tank and we was doing some wreakage to the trumpy's. Anyway so this lvl 20 shows up and he just hanging around not doing anything it seems. Then I think wait I just see exp gained... where are the drops. Well this little punk was just hanging around taking our drops. So my tank gets mad and there really just not much we can do about this besides pick up our drops faster. He even starts hitting our mobs... crazy. At some point he does get killed and wow he asks me for a rez... wtf. Not that it matter anyway, stupid relog bug, he comes right back. So anyway it was then I had an idea... forget putting lvl limits on doors. First thing you do is fix that damn relog bug and then with a few lines of code compared to doing the whole lvl limited doors which is kinda not so good for people with low lvl friends and also the complications of recoding the scrolls to prevent their use. Nope instead what if upon death your simply sent to the city appropriate for your lvl. so lvl 1-19 sent to Roumen, lvl 20-60 sent to Elderine, lvl 60-150 sent to Uruga. you can still go to those city's at any lvl and be rezed and so forth, so those that really earn that right to be there can be there, those that die are sent back to where they should be. I put this in Rant too cause I know nothing will ever be done about this and even more frustrating as a programmer to see easy fixes for a problem and not be able to make them, because it is not my program :/ Bad programing makes me want to kill ppl... j/k.
Old 02-22-2008, 03:03 PM   #2
Warning_Shot
Angry Wolf

In-Game Name: Warning_Shot / _Ike_
Current Level: 3x / 2x
Warning_Shot has a spectacular aura aboutWarning_Shot has a spectacular aura aboutWarning_Shot has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via MSN to Warning_Shot
Oh shiz, that was YOU??! -runs-

Jk, but that does bug me too...
Old 02-22-2008, 03:12 PM   #3
Spirit
complete once again

Tournaments Won: 11

In-Game Name: Spirit_of_Water, Spirit_of_Earth, Spirit_of_Fire, Spirit_of_Wind, Spirit_of_Sky
Current Level: Level 101 Guardian, Level 70 Fighter, Level 90 Mage, Level 89 Archer, Level 72 Trickster
Spirit has disabled reputation
*stands up and applauds loudly*

I am guilty of using the relog button, but it is not because I am in a level that I am not supposed to be in. But, when we are under attack and the cleric is spam-healing the tank, I can relog, and jump right back into the fight without having to run all the way back from town.

But, very nice rant and I totally agree!!!!!!!!!!

Spirit_of_Water- -Spirit_of_Earth- -Spirit_of_Fire- -Spirit_of_Wind- -Spirit_of_Sky
x101xxxxxxxxxxx70xxxxxxxxxx90xxxxxxxxxx89xxxxxxxxxxx72
Old 02-22-2008, 03:32 PM   #4
Lady-Loki
sane, so says the voices

Tower Defense 2007 Champion!Tournaments Won: 4

In-Game Name: Lady_Loki | Lady_Raine | Lady_Leilani | Lady_Danae | Lady_Julietta
Current Level: this changes more often than I care to update this detail
Server: Teva (main) Epith (secondary) other 2 (fallback)
Lady-Loki has disabled reputation
Good idea, but then again, you also have people of all levels who are subject to pulling all kinds of crap and making game-play less enjoyable. The next guy to spam your drops may be the level who would be there anyway.

Since the drops have a slight delay before they are available to another player I would just pay more attention to picking up the drops quicker. And I don't think Outspark or Ons-on-Soft will consider that what he did was against any ToS or anything since they have implemented the 5-sec (or whatever length it is) delay on drops.

Please click my Dragon Eggs to help my babies along.

Join the FiestaFan Folding@Home team! Details, questions and comments HERE
And, just for the heck of it, you can visit my mini city to help my population grow:
<--youarehere
Old 02-22-2008, 04:02 PM   #5
Warning_Shot
Angry Wolf

In-Game Name: Warning_Shot / _Ike_
Current Level: 3x / 2x
Warning_Shot has a spectacular aura aboutWarning_Shot has a spectacular aura aboutWarning_Shot has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via MSN to Warning_Shot
That, or just keep constantly pressing 2 like I do, lol.
Old 02-22-2008, 04:28 PM   #6
Amanda2_0
Speedy Honeying

In-Game Name: Amanda2_0
Current Level: 6x
Amanda2_0 will become famous soon enoughAmanda2_0 will become famous soon enough
You mean someone my lvl Ksing my Loot? If that ever happened they would find no safe place to hide on the Teva servers. Besides the looting thing not really the point, but as you bring it up...
This is the only MMO I have seen where your Loot can be taken. If you did not kill it should not be yours, no need for a timer on the loot there simply should not be one. If you elect not to pick up your loot it goes away in a reasonable 1 min time. Now I have played a fighter and trying to mock, fight, and pick up your loot should not be necessary. I can swing in myself and pick up the loot but that as it did caused a mess off aggression from the monsters. You should be able to kill off your mob and the loot still safely there to be picked up.
I was on me mage and I like being able to wipe out everything in site then get my loot and the other day some punk runs up and takes my little lizardman lic. Grrr, I was so mad did not even say anything to the little punk, not like he would have given it back. I should never have to live in fear that someone may take my loot.
Old 02-22-2008, 04:43 PM   #7
Lady-Loki
sane, so says the voices

Tower Defense 2007 Champion!Tournaments Won: 4

In-Game Name: Lady_Loki | Lady_Raine | Lady_Leilani | Lady_Danae | Lady_Julietta
Current Level: this changes more often than I care to update this detail
Server: Teva (main) Epith (secondary) other 2 (fallback)
Lady-Loki has disabled reputation
Maybe suggest on the official forums that they change the delay from 5 seconds to 10 or 15 or something, because if drops are not picked up by the time they bubble to other players then by virtue of the way the game is programmed they are available for other players. If I'm not mistaken the drops were available to anyone from the second they dropped early on and at some point it was changed to add that 5 second delay to allow the person killing the mob sufficient time to nab their drops if they wanted them.

I personally need my drops for production mats or to sell for copper so I don't leave any drops on the ground long enough for someone else to nab.

And, some people simply do not want to pick the drops up and do not care that someone else might pick them up. I do not loot other peoples drops if they are still there but many times I see people who are killing & moving on, killing & moving on and if they moved on and the drop is what I call "abandoned" then I will pick it up even though I did not kill the mob. If this were not legal then the programming could be changed to never allow drops to be seized by anyone other than the person who took the KS.

It's all in how the game is programmed.

Please click my Dragon Eggs to help my babies along.

Join the FiestaFan Folding@Home team! Details, questions and comments HERE
And, just for the heck of it, you can visit my mini city to help my population grow:
<--youarehere
Old 02-22-2008, 04:48 PM   #8
Hyper
Sucked back into the 'net

In-Game Name: An occupation
Current Level: 8 hours a day
Server: 4reL-lyfe
Hyper is infamous around these partsHyper is infamous around these partsHyper is infamous around these partsHyper is infamous around these partsHyper is infamous around these partsHyper is infamous around these partsHyper is infamous around these parts
*applaudes*

But the drop thing is silly. It really wouldn't be a problem if you just picked up the drops. And being busy isn't an excuse. Just spam your pick-up hotkey and heal hotkey at the same time.
Old 02-22-2008, 05:02 PM   #9
Yosei
Corgi Addict

In-Game Name: Cubyrop(WoW)
Current Level: 85
Server: Maelstrom
Yosei has much to be proud ofYosei has much to be proud ofYosei has much to be proud ofYosei has much to be proud ofYosei has much to be proud ofYosei has much to be proud ofYosei has much to be proud ofYosei has much to be proud ofYosei has much to be proud of
Send a message via AIM to Yosei Send a message via Yahoo to Yosei
Thats actually a good idea. I like it. You should post that in the feedback section of the main forums.
Old 02-22-2008, 11:22 PM   #10
Blaaaaaaaah
WONDERCLERIC

Tournaments Won: 15

In-Game Name: Bla~ahs
Current Level: 7x
Blaaaaaaaah has disabled reputation
Beh, sucks when there's a low level like that!

But I kind of agree with hyper, because it actually does take a while for someone to steal loots, cos I tried to follow some bots around to steal their chocolates (they don't pick them up lol) and it seemed to take forever before I can pick them up.

I always (well usually) have the habit of spamming my pickup hotkey after a mob dies.