Remember, you MUST register to post on the Fiesta Fan forums. It's completely free to join. Just click HERE to become a member for free!

REGISTER NOW TO REMOVE ALL ADS ON THIS FORUM!

Closed Thread

Old 07-11-2007, 06:55 PM   #1
Pritcher
Senior Torturer

Pritcher is a splendid one to beholdPritcher is a splendid one to beholdPritcher is a splendid one to beholdPritcher is a splendid one to beholdPritcher is a splendid one to beholdPritcher is a splendid one to beholdPritcher is a splendid one to behold
Send a message via AIM to Pritcher Send a message via MSN to Pritcher Send a message via Yahoo to Pritcher
Embedding a .swf file?

Can I do that here?
Old 07-11-2007, 07:02 PM   #2
Keetos
Administrator

In-Game Name: Lexi
Current Level: 20
Keetos is on a distinguished road
I don't think thats possible.
Old 07-11-2007, 07:08 PM   #3
Belaslav
Yank me.

In-Game Name: -quit-
Current Level: -quit-
Server: Teva
Belaslav has much to be proud ofBelaslav has much to be proud ofBelaslav has much to be proud ofBelaslav has much to be proud ofBelaslav has much to be proud ofBelaslav has much to be proud ofBelaslav has much to be proud ofBelaslav has much to be proud ofBelaslav has much to be proud ofBelaslav has much to be proud of
Send a message via MSN to Belaslav
Actually, it is cause I saw another forum do that. Try embedding [*flash][*/flash] tags.

EDIT: I'm gonna try something.

[FLASH]www.elemanyak.com/chelov.swf [/FLASH]

<object>
codebase="http://download.macromedia.com/pub/shockwave/cabs/flash/swflash.cab#version=9,0,47,0"
classid="clsid:D27CDB6E-AE6D-11cf-96B8-444553540000"
height="480" width="600"><param name="movie"
value="http://www.elemanyak.com/chelov.swf"><param name="quality"
value="high">
<embed src="http://www.elemanyak.com/chelov.swf" quality="high"
pluginspage="http://www.macromedia.com/shockwave/download/index.cgi?P1_Prod_Version=ShockwaveFlash"
type="application/x-shockwave-flash" height="480"
width="600"></object>

Oh well, I tried. Keet, try to look for this in your admin console.

Last edited by Belaslav; 07-11-2007 at 07:36 PM..
Old 07-11-2007, 07:29 PM   #4
Pritcher
Senior Torturer

Pritcher is a splendid one to beholdPritcher is a splendid one to beholdPritcher is a splendid one to beholdPritcher is a splendid one to beholdPritcher is a splendid one to beholdPritcher is a splendid one to beholdPritcher is a splendid one to behold
Send a message via AIM to Pritcher Send a message via MSN to Pritcher Send a message via Yahoo to Pritcher
Yeah, I tried that, lol. Those are the tags, but I think it's something that has to be done on the adminstration's end to enable it.

Oh well, I was kinda thinkin bout expanding my monster maps into flash since I'm interested in it at the moment so that's why I asked. I did one map, I'll post a link in my guide.
Old 07-11-2007, 10:23 PM   #5
Deaths_Illusion
Jewel Grave Robber

Tournaments Won: 1

In-Game Name: Sian
Current Level: 21 XD
Deaths_Illusion is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to Deaths_Illusion Send a message via MSN to Deaths_Illusion Send a message via Yahoo to Deaths_Illusion
put a url down. thats how i embed vids :P.
Old 07-12-2007, 12:56 AM   #6
Belaslav
Yank me.

In-Game Name: -quit-
Current Level: -quit-
Server: Teva
Belaslav has much to be proud ofBelaslav has much to be proud ofBelaslav has much to be proud ofBelaslav has much to be proud ofBelaslav has much to be proud ofBelaslav has much to be proud ofBelaslav has much to be proud ofBelaslav has much to be proud ofBelaslav has much to be proud ofBelaslav has much to be proud of
Send a message via MSN to Belaslav
Originally Posted by Deaths_Illusion View Post
put a url down. thats how i embed vids :P.
[flash]http://www.elemanyak.com/chelov.swf[/flash]

Nope doesn't work...

Free software for Virus, Malware, Adware and Spyware protection: Avast and Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware.

Those of you using Firefox I recommend NoScript and AdBlock Plus addons.
Old 07-12-2007, 02:30 AM   #7
Deaths_Illusion
Jewel Grave Robber

Tournaments Won: 1

In-Game Name: Sian
Current Level: 21 XD
Deaths_Illusion is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to Deaths_Illusion Send a message via MSN to Deaths_Illusion Send a message via Yahoo to Deaths_Illusion
ya... i dont see it working :S.
Old 07-12-2007, 06:31 AM   #8
Keetos
Administrator

In-Game Name: Lexi
Current Level: 20
Keetos is on a distinguished road
It's possible with some modification but the problem with Flash is it tends to slow some computers down and also decrease the security of the forums (since you can actually incorporate spywares/viruses within flash). What I can suggest is to use the animated GIF image, that it safer and should work in our forums.
Old 07-12-2007, 11:10 AM   #9
Pritcher
Senior Torturer

Yeah, when a forum allows it people can end up going nuts with swf sigs and they can take up more space than normal sigs sometimes, so it makes the forums load slower for people with slower connections. And yeah, I've heard campfire tales of possibly using actionscript for malicious reasons.

An animated GIF wont't give the level of interactivity I want. S'ok though, if I continue it I'll just get it hosted somewhere else and post a link to it somewhere around here.
Closed Thread