Remember, you MUST register to post on the Fiesta Fan forums. It's completely free to join. Just click HERE to become a member for free!

REGISTER NOW TO REMOVE ALL ADS ON THIS FORUM!

Closed Thread

Old 02-19-2009, 12:04 AM   #1
Shiirn
Boar

In-Game Name: Typewritten - Uber Fail Archer of Doom
Current Level: ∞
Server: Bijou
Shiirn is on a distinguished road
All about freestat SPR vs STR/INT

I've been hearing alot about people arguing about critical rate and how regular damage is better then risky damage, etc etc etc.

Let's put these claims to the math test.

1% crit = 1% increase in damage, overall, mathematically. Don't argue with me on this, your luck is your opinion.

But just to prove it, let's say you have 0% crit.
You deal X damage 100 times out of 100, giving you an average of X damage.
You have 1% crit. You deal X damage 99 times out of 100, but deal 2X damage 1 time out of 100 for an average of 1.01X damage, or a 1% increase.

1% increase in crit = 5 points of SPR. That's 5 points of STR/INT, or 6 points of damage.

So you deal X+6 damage 100 times out of 100, dealing an average of X+6.

For the benefits of each to equal eachother, we can use the equation X+6=1.01X, which comes to 600 damage as X. If you deal less then 600 damage, freestat STR would be more advantageous because

STR = SPR
500+6 ?=? 1.01x500
506 > 505.

If you deal more then 600 damage, SPR would be more advantageous, because

STR = SPR
700+6 ?=? 1.01x700
706 < 707

This is utilizing just 1%, however. Let's take into account 25 points into SPR, or 5% crit. 25 Freestat STR = 30 damage.

This changes the equation to 1.05x = x + 30, or 0.05x = 30, which STILL comes out to 600 damage.

Non-Free Stat Critical
Now, you're not some newbie with a 0% crit weapon and 25 points to spam somewhere.

We'll see what factoring in other crit sources (Earrings, weapon, Blue Boots, cash shop items)
For example, Arun's crit rate is 7% suit + 5% helm + 9% blue axe + 2% MD ears + 5% 25 spr crit, for a total of 28% crit.
Without 25 SPR, she has 23% crit. Since she is STR/SPR, she has 63 STR and 25SPR, or 88 STR with pure str.

this means 1.28x + 75.6 = 1.23x + 105.6, or 1.28x = 1.23x + 30, making the equation uniform without even needing to put in excess STR. The equation comes out to 0.05x = 30, x=600, the same number!

Once again, SPR benefits you more if you deal more then 600 damage, STR benefits you more if you deal less then 600 damage PER HIT, which means that red numbers over the mob's head.

SPR beyond 25

Will be added later. When i feel like it.

More will be added when i get home, including non-free stat crit, cash shop crit items, and other stuff.

Bijou
Lvl 89 Fighter == Arun
Lvl 87 Archer == Typewritten
Lvl 75 Mage == Rewrite
Lvl 66 Paladin == Shiirn
Goal:Get 1 gem before cap raise.

Last edited by Shiirn; 02-19-2009 at 02:01 AM..
Old 02-19-2009, 12:57 AM   #2
AegisXOR
Honeying

In-Game Name: Withstanding/Chzo
Current Level: 47/24
Server: Apoline/Teva
AegisXOR is on a distinguished road
Free stat STR ignores defense which makes it better than SPR regardless.
Old 02-19-2009, 01:45 AM   #3
Shiirn
Boar

In-Game Name: Typewritten - Uber Fail Archer of Doom
Current Level: ∞
Server: Bijou
Shiirn is on a distinguished road
That's the kind of thing i'm providing information to prevent - Unsupported, undefended arguements that you might as well say 'because i said so'.

I'm not saying one is better then the other. I'm not going to say that, I'll let *you* decide.

Don't bring in unsupported claims into my topic, please.

Criticals also DOUBLE any freestat STR that is applied to damage, refuting your claim - an increase of SPR freestat can possibly double your freestat STR (Not backing this up at all, similar to you.)

Bijou
Lvl 89 Fighter == Arun
Lvl 87 Archer == Typewritten
Lvl 75 Mage == Rewrite
Lvl 66 Paladin == Shiirn
Goal:Get 1 gem before cap raise.
Old 02-19-2009, 03:50 AM   #4
AegisXOR
Honeying

In-Game Name: Withstanding/Chzo
Current Level: 47/24
Server: Apoline/Teva
AegisXOR is on a distinguished road
The easy thing to do is figure out the difference between a pure build either way. The more difficult and interesting math lies in figuring out the effects of a ratio of the two (and who knows, it might end up as a multiplicative problem where a 1:1 ratio is the best option).
Old 02-19-2009, 06:57 AM   #5
JamieBear
Hungry Wolf

JamieBear will become famous soon enough
One reason why i like the crit rate more than the int, is that people can increase there defense, but theres no way to increase your "crit resistance".

If that makes any sense =P

Anyway, thanks for the analysis. I enjoyed it.
Old 02-19-2009, 07:02 AM   #6
Ivramire
Where shall we wander?

Ivramire has much to be proud ofIvramire has much to be proud ofIvramire has much to be proud ofIvramire has much to be proud ofIvramire has much to be proud ofIvramire has much to be proud ofIvramire has much to be proud ofIvramire has much to be proud ofIvramire has much to be proud ofIvramire has much to be proud of
Doesn't defense = 'crit. resistance' Sure you can't stop someone critting but defense takes the edge off both of them.

Has anyone tested whether a crit. disregards defense, or is it even possible to test that, what with flucuating damage values for identical skills? @__@
Old 02-19-2009, 07:05 AM   #7
Hessah
Hardcore Procrastinator

Burger Time Champion! Cannon Ball Follies 2 Champion!
Tournaments Won: 51

In-Game Name: Hessah / Ble~ehs
Current Level: 91 / 85 / 79 / 65 / 28
Server: Teeeeeee-vah
Hessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond repute
This is all cool... if nobody use skills...

If you start factoring the bonus dmg if a skill crits... Surely it'll impact on the results?

G____G

G____GTevaG____G
Heart___G_Hessah_G___Heart
79 - Paladin | 85 - Enchanter | 91 - Scoutxx
Ninja text! For those who's easily amused
I can show you the woooorld!
I don't want to see it!
okay...

Old 02-19-2009, 07:55 AM   #8
JamieBear
Hungry Wolf

JamieBear will become famous soon enough
I asked about this a while back. I'd still like to know how damage is determined between the attacker's damage and the victim's defense.
Old 02-19-2009, 08:44 AM   #9
Enraya
WONDERARCHER

Server: Teva
Enraya is a splendid one to beholdEnraya is a splendid one to beholdEnraya is a splendid one to beholdEnraya is a splendid one to beholdEnraya is a splendid one to beholdEnraya is a splendid one to beholdEnraya is a splendid one to behold
I don't know any math behind this, but if you check out the officials Archer forum there's a thread with archers' builds and skill empowerments etc. on it.
One 8x archer has 31+% crit (w/ CS)
I can see that archer wiping out someone with pure crits. xD

Then again, criticals that double your damage when you don't have much damage to begin with are rather useless.. /shrug
-doesn't want to do math-

{ enraya ! }
Old 02-19-2009, 10:42 AM   #10
Brave_Dai
Mushroom Fighter

Brave_Dai is on a distinguished road
i like math stuff, nice work, i like it.

i need a comparison for dmg of bk weapons (bk axe for specific) for DD vs. tank fighters, if possible
Closed Thread