Remember, you MUST register to post on the Fiesta Fan forums. It's completely free to join. Just click HERE to become a member for free!

REGISTER NOW TO REMOVE ALL ADS ON THIS FORUM!

Closed Thread

Old 01-23-2008, 02:30 PM   #1
toolrocket
Baby Bat

In-Game Name: toolrocket
Current Level: 6x
Server: teva
toolrocket has a spectacular aura abouttoolrocket has a spectacular aura about
Level 50 licenses

I'm about to level up to 50, and i'm wondering what's a good license to drop on my weapon. I put harkan, weak ogre and coll on my l40 staff, and it ended up being a waste. Unless you are hardcore, it's REALLY difficult to significantly build up more than one license. So anyhow, I'm thinking orcs, but I'm a mage and I dont know if i'll be able to level it up solo? Suggestions greatly appreciated, and thanks in advance.
Old 01-23-2008, 02:52 PM   #2
-Leona-
Speedy Boogy

In-Game Name: StarLeona
Current Level: Capped
Server: Teva
-Leona- will become famous soon enough
Send a message via AIM to -Leona-
Try one of these 3 =).

Clover Trumpy License
Blue Clover Trumpy License
Orcs (a lot of people have this license YET TO ME IT SUCKS )

When u go aoe u will mostly aoe Trumpies in AeW, therefore the Trumpy licenses are easy to level. Also keep in mind that Clover Trumpies are decent exp up to level 64 or so, while BLUE CLOVER TRUMPIES are good xp up to level 71-72 therefore u will have enough time to complete them.

StarLeona lvl 7x Fighter
Guild Master of Serenity
DD full str Axe Fighter 1.3k+ Defence
REMEMBER THIS NAME cuz ONE DAY WILL BE LEGEND

Last edited by -Leona-; 01-25-2008 at 02:00 PM..
Old 01-23-2008, 09:49 PM   #3
Hessah
Hardcore Procrastinator

Burger Time Champion! Cannon Ball Follies 2 Champion!
Tournaments Won: 51

In-Game Name: Hessah / Ble~ehs
Current Level: 91 / 85 / 79 / 65 / 28
Server: Teeeeeee-vah
Hessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond repute
I've put Harkan license on my lvl 50 hammer... because harkans are yellow and i can kill them much quicker, so i completed my license in 20 hrs or so... (but i hv a +8 hammer so i've got some extra dmg)

I once did a wearbear license at lvl 40... and it took me 5 levels to finish the license coz they were red/orange to me...

I think its worth putting a lower level license and finishing it quicker and get the crit rate early... than to try level up a higher lvl license that takes forever to finish.. (i got sooooooo bored of wearbears)

u get more drops killing something of ur level too...

G____G

G____GTevaG____G
Heart___G_Hessah_G___Heart
79 - Paladin | 85 - Enchanter | 91 - Scoutxx
Ninja text! For those who's easily amused
I can show you the woooorld!
I don't want to see it!
okay...

Old 01-24-2008, 01:12 AM   #4
Patchouli
Honeying

In-Game Name: Patchouli
Current Level: 79 (Mage)
Server: Retired from Fiesta
Patchouli will become famous soon enough
Blue Clover Trumpy Licence is only available from a lvl 70 quest, unless you feel like paying a mint for it from some of the players who are trying to sell it.

In my experience I found that orcs felt like they had high m.def compared to other monsters around that level, so I don't recommend them for mages.

If it's something you plan to solo, I'd recommend Karasian Soldier (although I'm not sure if this goes to 80%), or Archon Junior, they both hit for relatively low damage, and there's quite a few soldier spots that are good.
Old 01-24-2008, 12:55 PM   #5
toolrocket
Baby Bat

Ok, i think i want 3 licenses. one low level, one medium, and one high.

What do you think about
Low: Karasian soldier.
Mid: Archon Jr.
High: Orc?

Maybei could replace orc w/ mini pixy because they live together in uruga?

Also, the extra crit only applies to monsters of the same type as the license right?
Old 01-24-2008, 01:17 PM   #6
Patchouli
Honeying

The +crit is universal, it applies to everything.

Well, I'd like more information before recommending one way or the other...

Firstly, is the level 50 weapon going to be +0, or will it be enhanced, and then used well into the 60s?

Secondly, are you planning to do licences just for crit or is the intent for added damage while soloing/shooting one by one? (licences don't add damage when used with AoE spells)
Old 01-24-2008, 01:31 PM   #7
toolrocket
Baby Bat

1. I have the silver to upgrade to +9. The weapon will be used only up to l60, then i'll get a new one.

2. I didn't realize that the crit bonus was universal, i've just been doing the licenses for fun, and something to grind on. The intent is for added dmg AND crit (but i dont know if the crit and dmg bonuses are universal??)
Old 01-24-2008, 03:18 PM   #8
Patchouli
Honeying

The damage isn't universal.

I don't really feel you need to plan for Low/Middle/High, it takes upwards of 5400 kills to finish a licence (>4 million exp), enough to level several times, and this would keep you constantly changing what you fight, so you don't really get the benefit from completing the ones after the first (critical bonus doesn't stack). I'd recommend the "low" licence to be something that you do just primarily to get the critical in, and then the next two to be something you can kill up till lvl 60. High, I'd consider something to worry about only if you planned to use the weapon in your 60s, since those take horrible amounts of kills to complete (something like 14,000), so two licences are probably enough, the third could be used on a minor monster that is grouped together with the primary monster, if you wanted the weapon to be good against everything in the general area, if you went there with a party.

Well, I think I'm rambling on a bit, so here are some things that come to mind, assuming you don't want to take significant exp penalty for your level being close to the mob's level:

Low (Solo): Karasian Soldier (up to 54)
Low (AoE): Archon Junior(up to 56) [+ Minor Monster Pixy]

Middle (can AoE): Orc Hunter (up to 59) [+ Minor Monster King Mushroom, if you're in Uruga]
Middle (can AoE): Stonie (up to 60) [+ Minor Monster Naiad]

High: Clover Trumpy (up to 62)
High: Red Stonie (up to 66)
High: Navar (up to 67)
High: Giant Pixy (up to 68)
Old 01-24-2008, 04:05 PM   #9
toolrocket
Baby Bat

Patch does this mean i can no longer build a Karasian Soldier license after l54? I think i like your idea of leveling up that license right off the bat...
Old 01-24-2008, 04:19 PM   #10
Patchouli
Honeying

You can build it up after that but you'll start taking exp penalty. (you get a 25% bonus for red monsters, no bonus for yellow monsters, and that degrades as your level gets higher, until you get 1 exp for any monster you're 10 levels above)
Closed Thread