Remember, you MUST register to post on the Fiesta Fan forums. It's completely free to join. Just click HERE to become a member for free!

REGISTER NOW TO REMOVE ALL ADS ON THIS FORUM!

Closed Thread

Old 09-19-2007, 05:31 PM   #1
toolrocket
Baby Bat

In-Game Name: toolrocket
Current Level: 6x
Server: teva
toolrocket has a spectacular aura abouttoolrocket has a spectacular aura about
KQ Gold Hills

Could somebody post a description or narrative of what this KQ is all about? or better yet, a (foolproof?) strategy to complete it?
Old 09-19-2007, 05:48 PM   #2
Loveless
Super Moderator

In-Game Name: Espei
Loveless has disabled reputation
Basically it's like the reverse of the Slime KQ. This time you're at the top of the hill and you're trapped with monsters roaming the area. What you have to do is to find the key with in the given time via mining the Gold Hill Ores to open the Ice Gates. Once you open the gate you're given additional time to find the next key. When you open the gate to the 'ground floor' you will have to fight a mini boss, Gold Miner Marlone. You go at him like you did the other one in the Mara KQ, just that he hits harder! After that you have to find the key fast and open the door to the last and final boss. This guy is HUGE btw. Luckily he doesn't have aoe so as long as you've got 2-3 good clerics on the tank, the rest is able to attack it. You only have 5 minutes to defeat him and run to the Gate at the back of that area.

You're not required to kill all the monsters, it's best if you avoid most anyway cause you're given at most 10 minutes to find the key. If you're not the tank your job is to mine for the key this applies especially if you're under level 25.

Strategy, the best one I've been was that well, get yourself in a party to save trouble. Have the main tank taunt any monster near the ores. The rest just mine your butts off. Avoid the monsters as much as possible and work fast with teamwork. Once you get the key, go back the same way since you cleared the monsters already... and rest before going to the next level.
Old 09-19-2007, 06:39 PM   #3
Karasu_Sabre
Speedy Honeying

In-Game Name: karasu_sabre/Hiko_Seijuro
Current Level: 21/14
Karasu_Sabre is on a distinguished road
Please remember:
"The best-laid plans of mice and men go oft awry."

I have done multiple raids and quests which I have had much time to spare and a strong group. Then something unexpected happens and the poo hits the fan. Anyways, you should be ready for the worst case scenario because if it can go wrong, it will.
Closed Thread