Remember, you MUST register to post on the Fiesta Fan forums. It's completely free to join. Just click HERE to become a member for free!

REGISTER NOW TO REMOVE ALL ADS ON THIS FORUM!

Closed Thread

Old 07-13-2008, 04:44 PM   #91
Ivramire
Where shall we wander?

Ivramire has much to be proud ofIvramire has much to be proud ofIvramire has much to be proud ofIvramire has much to be proud ofIvramire has much to be proud ofIvramire has much to be proud ofIvramire has much to be proud ofIvramire has much to be proud ofIvramire has much to be proud ofIvramire has much to be proud of

Look at it another way. Maybe the wheel and positioning is just for show to get people hooked on the gambling aspect and to make them feel like they actually have some control/power in the situation.

And I'm surprised this thread is still open.
Old 07-15-2008, 06:19 AM   #92
PandaPirate
Slime

PandaPirate is on a distinguished road
I believe that it cannot be completely random, but the pattern generated by the servers must be so complex that it would be virtually impossible to find it. Good luck to those who try. As far as I go, enhancing is totally 'random'; i have had no more luck with patterns than without.
Old 07-15-2008, 06:31 AM   #93
Ralath
Bbang ggoo ddong ggoo

Tournaments Won: 36

Ralath is a splendid one to beholdRalath is a splendid one to beholdRalath is a splendid one to beholdRalath is a splendid one to beholdRalath is a splendid one to beholdRalath is a splendid one to beholdRalath is a splendid one to behold
Send a message via MSN to Ralath
Why can't it be completely random?

Just tell the enhancing pattern to use any irrational number to draw it's successes and it'd be random.
Old 07-17-2008, 03:50 PM   #94
Yasukai
Gang Imp

In-Game Name: Yasukai
Current Level: 40
Server: Teva
Yasukai is on a distinguished road
Failed first try and broke my hammer on postition 1 top center
Old 07-18-2008, 04:23 AM   #95
Lexaeus
Bat

Tournaments Won: 2

In-Game Name: FredWeasley, EishunKonoe
Current Level: 3x, 8
Server: Teva, Epith
Lexaeus is on a distinguished road
I think that enhancing is random and to me it will always be random. I think the whole gambling aspect is more fun than the one in RO where it says you have a chance of it breaking but it doesn't show the percentage chance. This is a 1/8 chance of it getting it to work and you can actually watch your face get crestfallen whenever you fail (I buy pre-enhanced stuff because I break my stuff too easily)
Old 07-19-2008, 10:41 AM   #96
MaxOff
Zombie

MaxOff will become famous soon enoughMaxOff will become famous soon enough
Originally Posted by Ralath View Post
Why can't it be completely random?

Just tell the enhancing pattern to use any irrational number to draw it's successes and it'd be random.
he is pobabely is referencing to that a pseudo random number generator is used. But that doesnt help us much. No mmorpg player will ever have the ressources to break the full algorithm, and predict the outcome all the time correctly.
Old 07-22-2008, 01:21 AM   #97
Giachina
Mushroom

Server: Epith
Giachina is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by MaxOff View Post
he is pobabely is referencing to that a pseudo random number generator is used. But that doesnt help us much. No mmorpg player will ever have the ressources to break the full algorithm, and predict the outcome all the time correctly.
Hi - FF forum n00b here

I believe its a random number generator - turns some positions "on" and others "off"..... but, like in any random lottery event, there will always be numbers that show up more than others - just the nature of the beast. Either way, I agree with MaxOff
Old 07-24-2008, 08:33 AM   #98
toolrocket
Baby Bat

In-Game Name: toolrocket
Current Level: 6x
Server: teva
toolrocket has a spectacular aura abouttoolrocket has a spectacular aura about
I thought the dude who looked up what data are being sent to the server pretty much settled this: The positions on the wheel are just for show.

Now the real question, is it worth enhancing your armor if you're a mage? I've got a really hot INT/END shirt i wanna enhance but is it worth my time?
Old 07-24-2008, 09:50 PM   #99
Samson007
Blue Crab

Skee Ball Champion!Tournaments Won: 21

In-Game Name: Samson007
Current Level: 85
Server: Apoline
Samson007 is on a distinguished road
It may be worth your time (a few minutes) but its probably not worth the near certainty that it will break before +5 =/
Old 07-24-2008, 10:02 PM   #100
Ivramire
Where shall we wander?

Ivramire has much to be proud ofIvramire has much to be proud ofIvramire has much to be proud ofIvramire has much to be proud ofIvramire has much to be proud ofIvramire has much to be proud ofIvramire has much to be proud ofIvramire has much to be proud ofIvramire has much to be proud ofIvramire has much to be proud of
If you can enhance more than just one piece of armor, yeah it's worth it.
Closed Thread