Remember, you MUST register to post on the Fiesta Fan forums. It's completely free to join. Just click HERE to become a member for free!

REGISTER NOW TO REMOVE ALL ADS ON THIS FORUM!

Closed Thread

Old 04-14-2008, 09:24 AM   #1
Pedobear
Marlone Megaton

In-Game Name: Thanatopsis
Current Level: 35
Pedobear will become famous soon enough
counting the drop order

So i was in a ZK farm party on my cleric today. At first it was great. our first ZK pull went awesome. a staff dropped, the fighter got it and gave it to one of the mages. I was actually impressed with how smooth this was all going for just another PuG.

Then we got to our second ZK spawn. we nuked the two adds and picked up their loot. then something odd happened. an elrue randomly dropped, then was picked up. then a piece of beast leather. finally a piece of copper ore drops and i end up picking it up and i realized what was going on. the fighter was counting the drop order and dropping pieces to make sure he picked up ZK's drop.

Why? it was an int and spr ring and he ended giving it up to one of the mages, but what's the point? Really is it that big of a deal that you get all the great loot? do you have to be such a loot whore that you're willing to tarnish your reputation and hurt your chances of finding a good party in the future?

so, anyone else notice the weirdos like these? what do you do to screw them up? drop some loot of your own to throw off the count?
Old 04-14-2008, 09:56 AM   #2
Ralath
Bbang ggoo ddong ggoo

Tournaments Won: 36

Ralath is a splendid one to beholdRalath is a splendid one to beholdRalath is a splendid one to beholdRalath is a splendid one to beholdRalath is a splendid one to beholdRalath is a splendid one to beholdRalath is a splendid one to behold
Send a message via MSN to Ralath
You could give them the benefit of the doubt and say that he was just clearing room in his inventory so that he could get whatever *might* drop from ZK. I know that I drop a lot of crap on the ground sometimes, especially in the BGs when my inventory is always bursting full of stuff.

But yah... if he was really counting drops, then drop something of your own to mess it up.

Old 04-14-2008, 11:24 AM   #3
Enraya
WONDERARCHER

Server: Teva
Enraya is a splendid one to beholdEnraya is a splendid one to beholdEnraya is a splendid one to beholdEnraya is a splendid one to beholdEnraya is a splendid one to beholdEnraya is a splendid one to beholdEnraya is a splendid one to behold
I've met someone that counted drops before o-o; I just started spamming my pick up key, and it messed up his order I think xD He didn't count drops after that.

{ enraya ! }
Old 04-14-2008, 11:38 AM   #4
AngellicDiety
Marlone

In-Game Name: AngellicDiety
Current Level: 1 divided by zero
AngellicDiety will become famous soon enoughAngellicDiety will become famous soon enough
Quite honestly, there are some people you cannot trust out there.

If I know there are some "iffy" members in my party, I will count the drop order.

I've been victim to the odd party consisting of 3 or 4 people I know and trust, but the odd ball was the one who was given the nice axe, hammer, cross bow, or wand - and refused to give it to the person in the party of the class deserving of the item.

So yes, I would count the drop order just to ensure that I can distribute the items fairly to the people with which the class is associated with.
Old 04-14-2008, 01:35 PM   #5
toolrocket
Baby Bat

In-Game Name: toolrocket
Current Level: 6x
Server: teva
toolrocket has a spectacular aura abouttoolrocket has a spectacular aura about
As long as you are ALWAYS on the level, i think counting drops is fine. As a mage however (unless it's AOE) i'm usually too far away to do any counting, plus i dont care that much.
Old 04-14-2008, 01:41 PM   #6
Spirit
complete once again

Tournaments Won: 11

In-Game Name: Spirit_of_Water, Spirit_of_Earth, Spirit_of_Fire, Spirit_of_Wind, Spirit_of_Sky
Current Level: Level 101 Guardian, Level 70 Fighter, Level 90 Mage, Level 89 Archer, Level 72 Trickster
Spirit has disabled reputation
I have counted drops before, but more so to save Loki and I trading back and forth. If it is just her and me partied, I will click on stone and potion mats if it is her turn and the scroll mats if it is my turn. But, I find it difficult to count drops when we have a large party, simply because, like tool said, we mages are not right up there and if you have more than one person spamming pick-up, you never know.

Spirit_of_Water- -Spirit_of_Earth- -Spirit_of_Fire- -Spirit_of_Wind- -Spirit_of_Sky
x101xxxxxxxxxxx70xxxxxxxxxx90xxxxxxxxxx89xxxxxxxxxxx72
Old 04-14-2008, 02:06 PM   #7
a.L
A to the R to the K

a.L has much to be proud ofa.L has much to be proud ofa.L has much to be proud ofa.L has much to be proud ofa.L has much to be proud ofa.L has much to be proud ofa.L has much to be proud ofa.L has much to be proud ofa.L has much to be proud ofa.L has much to be proud of
I usually party with guildmates, so it isn't an issue for me. Anything nice we find gets sold and split between the party.

<---- Pickup action hotkey spammer.
Old 04-14-2008, 02:22 PM   #8
Hyper
Sucked back into the 'net

In-Game Name: An occupation
Current Level: 8 hours a day
Server: 4reL-lyfe
Hyper is infamous around these partsHyper is infamous around these partsHyper is infamous around these partsHyper is infamous around these partsHyper is infamous around these partsHyper is infamous around these partsHyper is infamous around these parts
I only try it in AoE parties if a fighter drop is dropped.

Most people don't follow the drop-to-class rule. =\
Old 04-14-2008, 02:31 PM   #9
Lady-Loki
sane, so says the voices

Tower Defense 2007 Champion!Tournaments Won: 4

In-Game Name: Lady_Loki | Lady_Raine | Lady_Leilani | Lady_Danae | Lady_Julietta
Current Level: this changes more often than I care to update this detail
Server: Teva (main) Epith (secondary) other 2 (fallback)
Lady-Loki has disabled reputation
WTH? I have a hard enough time staying alive and keeping my party alive. I just spam my pickup - of course that's a bad habit to if you are on free so someone can get quest drops and you forget to stop spamming. I have picked up stuff that I didn't realize I had until much later when I go to clear my pockets and sometimes that is the next day.

Man, I'm just not fast enough for counting stuff, I'm only fast enough to be allowed to play with my friends.

Please click my Dragon Eggs to help my babies along.

Join the FiestaFan Folding@Home team! Details, questions and comments HERE
And, just for the heck of it, you can visit my mini city to help my population grow:
<--youarehere
Old 04-14-2008, 02:35 PM   #10
Spirit
complete once again

Tournaments Won: 11

In-Game Name: Spirit_of_Water, Spirit_of_Earth, Spirit_of_Fire, Spirit_of_Wind, Spirit_of_Sky
Current Level: Level 101 Guardian, Level 70 Fighter, Level 90 Mage, Level 89 Archer, Level 72 Trickster
Spirit has disabled reputation
Originally Posted by Lady-Loki View Post

Man, I'm just not fast enough for counting stuff, I'm only fast enough to be allowed to play with my friends.
Barely.

Spirit_of_Water- -Spirit_of_Earth- -Spirit_of_Fire- -Spirit_of_Wind- -Spirit_of_Sky
x101xxxxxxxxxxx70xxxxxxxxxx90xxxxxxxxxx89xxxxxxxxxxx72
Closed Thread