Remember, you MUST register to post on the Fiesta Fan forums. It's completely free to join. Just click HERE to become a member for free!

REGISTER NOW TO REMOVE ALL ADS ON THIS FORUM!

Closed Thread

Old 04-04-2008, 01:23 PM   #21
Ringetsu
Phino

In-Game Name: Ringetsu
Current Level: 79
Server: Apoline
Ringetsu is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by NotMyWay View Post
They have an entire computer dedicated to the cash shop, and the cash shop still sells items after "coffee is spilled on it", just goes to show their piorities i guess?
LOL xD That must be some ultra comp they have but then again doh :x sis told me asian version bug is usually fixed in uber fast time cuz asian pplz is very picky about their games :x
:P

Gimme food!!!!

Last edited by Ringetsu; 04-04-2008 at 01:28 PM..
Old 04-04-2008, 01:32 PM   #22
toolrocket
Baby Bat

In-Game Name: toolrocket
Current Level: 6x
Server: teva
toolrocket has a spectacular aura abouttoolrocket has a spectacular aura about
I wonder if American Fiesta operates under a license or something? As in, they can't modify the code in any way because they dont technically OWN it - they have to wait for the software owners to fix the bug? SKING any words on that?
Old 04-04-2008, 01:47 PM   #23
booyah8876
.:~*♥*~:.

In-Game Name: booyah8877
Current Level: 88.65
Server: Teva
booyah8876 is a splendid one to beholdbooyah8876 is a splendid one to beholdbooyah8876 is a splendid one to beholdbooyah8876 is a splendid one to beholdbooyah8876 is a splendid one to beholdbooyah8876 is a splendid one to beholdbooyah8876 is a splendid one to behold
Send a message via ICQ to booyah8876 Send a message via Yahoo to booyah8876 Send a message via Skype™ to booyah8876
Originally Posted by SKiNG View Post
Well, when you're developing a free game, you don't exactly have enough people or funding to do that.

Ons On is a very small company. It doesn't even feel like a company, more like a group of guys getting together to make a game. Which I think it really is.
That's what I was talking to Centrix about.

I asked him if it was a company, or what was OnsOnSoft?

He said it was a small place >.<;

I have problems with the fact that any Cash Shop items get fixed before anything, and not to mention faster...

but it's not like I quit playing the game because of that.

The game is fun, I pay to play, and I love the community.

I never said I was playing the game for the actual gameplay, which is why a lot of the GoR members quit, and moved to Cabal/Mabinogi.

Quote:
Nice guess but no...

So you've done programming before? Great! Now try developing an entire game then localizing a few hundred thousand lines of text in a different language for 5 different countries hoping that the other country understands you. Don't forget that the developer has to manage different content for each country.
Ähm...

What languages?

I <3 foreign langauges :3

Originally Posted by el eye Zee
Lol. He said, "I'll punch you in the boob." and I was like, "I'll punch you in the bawlz and we both know that hurts more D<" and he was like, "I won't let you." and I was like, "d00d.. ur a tiny piece of sheet. u punch, i punch. mine will hurt more." and then he was like, "People are probably talking to me. g2g."
I pay to play the RL MMORPG, College. 4 years grinding in college gets you a piece of paper for the rest of your life and you can buy enough stuff to +9 your car//house.

liZ
Old 04-04-2008, 05:47 PM   #24
SKiNG
Hungry Wolf

SKiNG is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by AngellicDiety View Post
THe real reason the patches seem to introduce bugs and things are difficult to patch is because proper software engineering practices werent implemented.

One of the major differences that seperate American made content with Asian made content.

Proper Software Engineering practices would create a layered system where the core of the game is build stable, and additions are made externally, without affecting the core-layers in any sort of way.

Alternatively there are many design patterns, and software engineering practices that can be followed - obviously none of them followed by OnOnsoft. Otherwise a simple error like "bugged skills" would be easy to locate - so easy in fact it would literally take seconds.
^^
Old 04-04-2008, 06:05 PM   #25
Loveless
Super Moderator

In-Game Name: Espei
Loveless has disabled reputation
I am absolutely annoyed by the bugs and all that but I still love the game and come back to it even after going to other (better) games. I've come back to Fiesta even after playing BK which is, by far, 100x better. I can read and speak Japanese just fine but Fiesta obviously has more people 'alive and moving'.

I also pay for the CS items though I'm waiting on the HWR to be fixed cause that's my #1 favorite item in there. I'm hoping to hear that it's working fine and that I can activate it without a problem. *hints to SKiNG*
Old 04-04-2008, 07:04 PM   #26
Aerythia
Speedy Slime

In-Game Name: Aerythia
Current Level: 105
Aerythia is on a distinguished road
I don't fully understand where Outsparks abilities to control the game end and where OnsOnsoft (apologies for blatent misspelling I am sure ^^) responsibilities begin.

However I find it hugely frustrating when I am essentially paying more that a pay-to-play game PER MONTH and there are so many errors left to tick over month and month. The quest bugs are the ones that irritate me the most. Please correct me if I am wrong, however the impression I get is that such bugs are somewhat easy to fix. If this is the case then why are poor level 49s having to grind an entire level due to their single quest being bugged since the beginning of time? Why are 71+ suffering due to the fact that the TR quests are bugged? Worst of all, why are Archers being forced to use Fame to BUY their level 60 skill? This is terrible for them and I would like to know whether the fact has ever crossed the minds of the Outspark Team that poor newly promoted Scouts that are decompers are having to pay people to get the skill for them due to having used all their fame for Alchemy Stones?

Fear not Archers, next week you will get a new outfit in the Cash Shop! Perhaps you can see how bitterness and disappointment can accrue in people.

Personally I feel that a lot more people would be happier with everything if there was obvious effort to fix things which people have been complaining about for ages. The Archer class has finally been started on which I believe everyone is grateful for. However quest bugs have been around since the very first day... when the level cap was raised some were fixed I know, however there has been no obvious effort to do any more in the 3 and a half months following this event.

Quest bugs are only a single example of many I can think of. Another is, as mentioned, the bad spelling and grammar of many items in the game. I enjoy the game but everytime I see "hummer" I want to cry. It contributes to ruining the general professionalism of the game.

It is bad practice to complain about something without giving suggestions for improvement, so here are mine.

1. Implement a thread where gamers can report to Outspark grammatical quest errors, along with spelling mistakes. Slowly this thread can be pruned as errors are rectified. If you feel this to be too much work, hey hire me for a few months, I'm free before I start my teacher training ^^. English is my first language and people used to call me "dictionary" in school teeheehee .

2. Attempt to strike more of a balance between the implementation of Cash Shop items and ingame bug fixing. Also, those bugs which people have been complaining about vocally for months, prioritise please. This will stop a lot of griping about the aims of Outspark.

3. Utilise the willingless of gamers to help as much as you can. Believe it or not, we are an incredible resource of knowledge about YOUR game. I'm not saying listen to the person who goes "OMGZ MAGE SUCK and they need uber fire attacks lyk NOW so I can ownzorzzz in PVP!" However, as you instigated "Community Leaders" I am sure there are others who would be willing to give up an hour or so free time every day to help out with issues.

4. Give level 72 a quest, that level was HELL in MMORPG form :P.

5. MAKE CLEAR the limits of Outspark and things which lie ONLY in the realm of OnsOnsoft. I already said that personally I don't know the limits to the power the company. Maybe if I and others did then we wouldn't inadvertently complain about things that are beyond your control!

I have many more suggestions and I hope SKiNG at least has time to read this. I personally feel this: correct me if I am wrong. Fiesta has become bigger than you imagined it would have and right now you are slightly over your heads a little ^^. If I am wrong then I apologise deeply.

From a gamer who spends more per month on your game than WoW monthly fees .

~Aerythia, level 75 Mage (yay Mages!) of Teva Server.

EDIT: I made critisism and suggestions, I forgot to add the positives, where I feel Outsparks are going in the right direction, always nice to do that .

1. Recently, when servers have gone down unexpectedly, announcements informing gamers of what is happening have been a lot prompter and are also updated with the status of the situation once in a while. Thumbs up for this.

2. The "upcoming features" section is nice, although *cries* don't put things up TOO far in advance please, I can't wait for the new PvP area, I wish for it every patch since it was mentioned . Teeheehee!

3. Some work on the Archers finally. I had many high levelled Archer friends who were on the verge of quitting, now they are going to stay .

Last edited by Aerythia; 04-04-2008 at 07:47 PM.. Reason: Adding positives!
Old 04-04-2008, 09:12 PM   #27
Belaslav
Yank me.

In-Game Name: -quit-
Current Level: -quit-
Belaslav has much to be proud ofBelaslav has much to be proud ofBelaslav has much to be proud ofBelaslav has much to be proud ofBelaslav has much to be proud ofBelaslav has much to be proud ofBelaslav has much to be proud ofBelaslav has much to be proud ofBelaslav has much to be proud ofBelaslav has much to be proud of
Send a message via MSN to Belaslav
Um... That's a huge wall of text.

Originally Posted by SKiNG View Post
Well, when you're developing a free game, you don't exactly have enough people or funding to do that.

Ons On is a very small company. It doesn't even feel like a company, more like a group of guys getting together to make a game. Which I think it really is.
Then please tell why did they create 5 DIFFERENT game versions in the first place...?

Free software for Virus, Malware, Adware and Spyware protection: Avast and Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware.

Those of you using Firefox I recommend NoScript and AdBlock Plus addons.
Old 04-04-2008, 09:28 PM   #28
Loveless
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by Belaslav View Post
Um... That's a huge wall of text.

Then please tell why did they create 5 DIFFERENT game versions in the first place...?
I think that's not entirely up to them... but the people who license them such as Outspark and Hi5!Entertainment (Japan) thought the game was worth publishing in their own countries. And of course they want to make money so they say "Okay, we'll make one for your country".
Old 04-05-2008, 12:50 AM   #29
viasta
RAGING OVERHEATTT!!!!!!!!

Tournaments Won: 4

In-Game Name: viaAoE
Current Level: Level of viasta
Server: Epith
viasta is a splendid one to beholdviasta is a splendid one to beholdviasta is a splendid one to beholdviasta is a splendid one to beholdviasta is a splendid one to beholdviasta is a splendid one to beholdviasta is a splendid one to behold
Send a message via MSN to viasta
then if SKiNG said Angellic is right, Outspark should hire people who are actually able to engineer softwares, programs properly and not create more problems when trying to fix them.

Thanks Loveless!
Old 04-05-2008, 02:52 AM   #30
Loveless
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by viasta View Post
then if SKiNG said Angellic is right, Outspark should hire people who are actually able to engineer softwares, programs properly and not create more problems when trying to fix them.
^This may have helped. Lol...
Closed Thread