Remember, you MUST register to post on the Fiesta Fan forums. It's completely free to join. Just click HERE to become a member for free!

REGISTER NOW TO REMOVE ALL ADS ON THIS FORUM!

Closed Thread

Old 04-04-2008, 05:04 AM   #11
viasta
RAGING OVERHEATTT!!!!!!!!

Tournaments Won: 4

In-Game Name: viaAoE
Current Level: Level of viasta
Server: Epith
viasta is a splendid one to beholdviasta is a splendid one to beholdviasta is a splendid one to beholdviasta is a splendid one to beholdviasta is a splendid one to beholdviasta is a splendid one to beholdviasta is a splendid one to behold
Send a message via MSN to viasta

the reason is outspark are too lazy to send problems to Korea

Thanks Loveless!
Old 04-04-2008, 05:07 AM   #12
BuzZzKiLL
Mara Pirate Elite

In-Game Name: BuzZzKiLL
Current Level: Mage 5x Tank6x
Server: Bijou
BuzZzKiLL is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to BuzZzKiLL
hey viasta guess what! I GOT BRAWL! and jus to show u im not rubbin it in ure face guess what! MY WII WONT READ IT!!! YAAAAAAY!!!! i looked it up and found out that i have to send it to nintendo to get it cleaned.....its been happening to a lot of wiis so blaaaaah. by the time i get my wii sent ull have one lolol
Old 04-04-2008, 05:09 AM   #13
D.A.R.E.boy

Tournaments Won: 35

lol i like xbox 360 best lol

Old 04-04-2008, 05:13 AM   #14
viasta
RAGING OVERHEATTT!!!!!!!!

Tournaments Won: 4

In-Game Name: viaAoE
Current Level: Level of viasta
viasta is a splendid one to beholdviasta is a splendid one to beholdviasta is a splendid one to beholdviasta is a splendid one to beholdviasta is a splendid one to beholdviasta is a splendid one to beholdviasta is a splendid one to behold
Send a message via MSN to viasta
hey, not on topic and yes, xbox360 is the best, I have been pwning in Halo3, and my friend have been pwning me when I am on his team on Ranked Big Team! GAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!! He wont stop killing me because I got the freaking shotgun~_~..and he dies right after he gets the shotgun
now back on topic
or maybe just Outspark dont' care about their players, just the money from CS to scam the players after Beta testing with the wipe.

In outspark's mind..
Player =/= Money
Scam =/= Loss of players

In a caring, responsible game sponsoring site...
Player = Money
Scam = Loss of players

Thanks Loveless!
Old 04-04-2008, 11:24 AM   #15
NotMyWay
Dead Tree Soul

Tournaments Won: 1

In-Game Name: NotMyWay
Current Level: 屰
NotMyWay is a splendid one to beholdNotMyWay is a splendid one to beholdNotMyWay is a splendid one to beholdNotMyWay is a splendid one to beholdNotMyWay is a splendid one to beholdNotMyWay is a splendid one to beholdNotMyWay is a splendid one to behold
They have an entire computer dedicated to the cash shop, and the cash shop still sells items after "coffee is spilled on it", just goes to show their piorities i guess?
Old 04-04-2008, 11:35 AM   #16
SKiNG
Hungry Wolf

SKiNG is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by Belaslav View Post
My best guess would be that they lack skill in their communications system with OnOnSoft, thus resulting in misunderstandings as well as certain parts being neglected/missed and thus not resulting in proper fixes. Not to brag, but I've done programming before, and some of the things would take me 5-10 mins to fix, like repetitive spamming or skill timing bugs. But still, what amazes me is that after all this time, they haven't improved their communication system... Makes me really question their motives.
Nice guess but no...

So you've done programming before? Great! Now try developing an entire game then localizing a few hundred thousand lines of text in a different language for 5 different countries hoping that the other country understands you. Don't forget that the developer has to manage different content for each country.

I don't think they did it by hand, they probably used some stupid translator program.
I believe it was done by hand (This was before I started). But like stated above ^^ (few hundred thousand lines of text). Understand that when Outspark acquired the game, it needed to be translated. At that time, Outspark only had 2-3 employees capable of translating the game in a span of about 1-2 months. Company was a startup with no money so it needed to be done fast.

Originally Posted by viasta View Post
the reason is outspark are too lazy to send problems to Korea
So I guess I just sit here and twiddle my thumbs all day and all the fixes that do come out just magically appear

Please have logical sense with your negative comments towards our company.

Originally Posted by NotMyWay View Post
They have an entire computer dedicated to the cash shop, and the cash shop still sells items after "coffee is spilled on it", just goes to show their piorities i guess?
Hmm, I hope you're not serious. This is a role playing game so sometimes we like to role play our story lines. No we don't have a computer dedicated to the cash shop.
Old 04-04-2008, 11:42 AM   #17
Belaslav
Yank me.

In-Game Name: -quit-
Current Level: -quit-
Server: Teva
Belaslav has much to be proud ofBelaslav has much to be proud ofBelaslav has much to be proud ofBelaslav has much to be proud ofBelaslav has much to be proud ofBelaslav has much to be proud ofBelaslav has much to be proud ofBelaslav has much to be proud ofBelaslav has much to be proud ofBelaslav has much to be proud of
Send a message via MSN to Belaslav
Originally Posted by SKiNG View Post
Nice guess but no...

So you've done programming before? Great! Now try developing an entire game then localizing a few hundred thousand lines of text in a different language for 5 different countries hoping that the other country understands you. Don't forget that the developer has to manage different content for each country.
Um... wouldn't it be easier to create separate teams for each game version? And nice of you to join us.

Free software for Virus, Malware, Adware and Spyware protection: Avast and Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware.

Those of you using Firefox I recommend NoScript and AdBlock Plus addons.
Old 04-04-2008, 11:54 AM   #18
SKiNG
Hungry Wolf

SKiNG is on a distinguished road
Um... wouldn't it be easier to create separate teams for each game version? And nice of you to join us.
Well, when you're developing a free game, you don't exactly have enough people or funding to do that.

Ons On is a very small company. It doesn't even feel like a company, more like a group of guys getting together to make a game. Which I think it really is.
Old 04-04-2008, 12:00 PM   #19
AngellicDiety
Marlone

In-Game Name: AngellicDiety
Current Level: 1 divided by zero
Server: Teva
AngellicDiety will become famous soon enoughAngellicDiety will become famous soon enough
THe real reason the patches seem to introduce bugs and things are difficult to patch is because proper software engineering practices werent implemented.

One of the major differences that seperate American made content with Asian made content.

Proper Software Engineering practices would create a layered system where the core of the game is build stable, and additions are made externally, without affecting the core-layers in any sort of way.

Alternatively there are many design patterns, and software engineering practices that can be followed - obviously none of them followed by OnOnsoft. Otherwise a simple error like "bugged skills" would be easy to locate - so easy in fact it would literally take seconds.
Old 04-04-2008, 01:16 PM   #20
toolrocket
Baby Bat

In-Game Name: toolrocket
Current Level: 6x
Server: teva
toolrocket has a spectacular aura abouttoolrocket has a spectacular aura about
^nerd alert^