Remember, you MUST register to post on the Fiesta Fan forums. It's completely free to join. Just click HERE to become a member for free!

REGISTER NOW TO REMOVE ALL ADS ON THIS FORUM!

Closed Thread

Old 03-04-2008, 12:38 PM   #21
toolrocket
Baby Bat

In-Game Name: toolrocket
Current Level: 6x
Server: teva
toolrocket has a spectacular aura abouttoolrocket has a spectacular aura about

I've decided to spend all my points on all my spells while i have them, and then buy the reset scroll when i reach level 60. By "saving" your points I believe you are only failing to enjoy the benefits of spending those points RIGHT NOW (but i'm a CS user). I also dont believe in saving quests for later. Sort of like the time value of money, you get a bigger bonus from investing your cash (or points) NOW rather than trying to save them. Note, start your Roth if you haven't yet.

That being said, i just bought the 15% crit suit and it's pretty clear that the more spells you cast, the more opportunity you have to achieve a crit. This suggests that you need to be constantly spamming low-cooldown spells to take full advantage of your crit. More spells, more crits, more damage. Even though the spells are weaker, you'll crit more and ultimately take down mosters quicker while enjoying the SP savings of the level 1 spells. Later today i might try to dig the number out of the wiki and verify this mathematically.
Old 03-05-2008, 08:32 PM   #22
Patchouli
Honeying

In-Game Name: Patchouli
Current Level: 79 (Mage)
Server: Retired from Fiesta
Patchouli will become famous soon enough
On SP:
My regular party actually pretty much never used any SP stones, we'd just mushroom while the fighter was gathering and the fighter would just mushroom after doing mock/devastate and everyone would be full again for each group of stuff. (If I was gathering and tanking without a fighter, I'd just lifetap after every group)

On Nova:
I feel it is only good to Nova one mob if you feel you will get 3 hits out of it, otherwise the SP cost and the time taken to resolve the Nova is inefficient.

On Saving quests:
We did this primarily to avoid "yellow wastage", due to exp penalty. When you are -4 levels from the mob, you start getting decreased experience; -4%, at -3 levels -8%, at -2 levels -20%. Since the exp from the quests doesn't change, it becomes "worth more" to turn in the quest when you are forced to kill things while taking the -20%, while if you did the things in the opposite order you'd end up with less exp. (I can give a more detailed explanation with an example if this is hard to follow, it doesn't read quite right to me either :/)

On Empowerments...
From what I can remember (sorry if this is inaccurate, I don't even have the client installed), on the main mage I had...
Firebolt Damage 5 (I did this very early on, in retrospect I feel it was a waste of points.)
Magic Burst Damage 5 (Borderline, I never felt really happy about this in my later levels)
Fireball Damage 5
Chain Cast Cooldown 5
Drain Mind Duration 5
Inferno Cooldown 5

Second mage (60s) had:
Lightning Bolt Cooldown 5
Fireball Damage 5
Chain Cast Cooldown 5
Drain Mind Cooldown and Duration 5
Closed Thread