Remember, you MUST register to post on the Fiesta Fan forums. It's completely free to join. Just click HERE to become a member for free!

REGISTER NOW TO REMOVE ALL ADS ON THIS FORUM!

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 03-13-2012, 06:40 PM   #1
Loveless
Super Moderator

In-Game Name: Espei
Loveless has disabled reputation
Tera

I have to make a new thread cause I do.

I was able to play it over the weekend and I have to say it was simply awesome. They have the whole action MMO thing down.

The combat system is really what makes this game stand out. You are not just pressing tab and 123. You actually need to time your attacks and block/evade when you see the enemy going in for an attack.

For me it had what I loved in Tales of Symphonia and Dragon Nest when it came to combat.

Watching gameplay trailers really does not do the game justice cause it'll just seem like any other MMO with pretty graphics. And yes, the game graphics and environment is really awesome. If you are unsure of the game you really need to look for a weekend beta key (pre-order beta key allows you to keep characters in-between phases).

The only real downside at the moment is that you level quite fast. So fast that you do not really get grind enough to make money. I found you were dependent on lucky drops and quest gear for equipment (though they're not that bad). But a lot of the things in shops tend to seem really expensive because of this.

Certain classes also "need" updated equipment. I played the Lancer during the beta and they need the latest weapons so that they can block incoming damage...

Also, the crafting system, due to the above reason of not being able to make much money off grinding, is almost useless and extremely costly to level up. And probably by the time you're making money a level 1 craft is really pointless.

Anyhoo, if you're sitting on the fence... I really recommend grabbing a beta key. Or sign up so you can get into Open Beta. :>
Loveless is offline   Reply With Quote