Remember, you MUST register to post on the Fiesta Fan forums. It's completely free to join. Just click HERE to become a member for free!

REGISTER NOW TO REMOVE ALL ADS ON THIS FORUM!

Old 04-28-2010, 05:56 PM   #1
GR8_Scotts
Gang Imp

In-Game Name: GR8_Scotts, Nordyck
Current Level: 6x (all)
Server: Bijou
GR8_Scotts is on a distinguished road
Search for players by server

Hey, just read some threads from players that I would like to pt-up with. I know we have a 'party' section but what about adding a feature where we could post our current class / level and what server we are on. As a bonus - what time zone / times of the day we are typically on? That way I could search for a lvl 6x FiestaFan who plays 8:00 - 10:00 PM (EST). Since FiestaFan players seem to have a better handle on the game than most others. Just a suggestion, but would make this forum VERY handy
Old 04-28-2010, 08:52 PM   #2
Triumph
Wiki Head Admin

Deal or No Deal Champion!Tournaments Won: 1

In-Game Name: FFXIV
Current Level: 80
Server: Coeurl
Triumph has much to be proud ofTriumph has much to be proud ofTriumph has much to be proud ofTriumph has much to be proud ofTriumph has much to be proud ofTriumph has much to be proud ofTriumph has much to be proud ofTriumph has much to be proud ofTriumph has much to be proud of
If this is a subforum request, it is not my jurisdiction. Ask either Blaaaaaaaah, Rightclaw, or Entropy.

Otherwise, it is impractical to include this into the wiki, as the wiki is strictly a database of information regarding the game, not the players themselves.
Triumph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2010, 01:29 PM   #3
GR8_Scotts
Gang Imp

After I posted I realized it was the wrong forum... but then again the Wiki is the only way I can logon these days so at least it still works (thanx)!

I'll suggest a sub-forum under the 'party' heading but actually... a wiki type database might be the way to go. Create a heading for each server and allow people to post their in-game name, level, class and what hour(s) of the day they are typically online. Can also be connected to their user account so we could drop messages to each other. OK, I am dreaming a bit but Fiesta needs some way for players to communicate outside of the game (email type). Thanks for letting me wax poetic
Old 05-04-2010, 09:17 AM   #4
Icy
Huge Slime

Tournaments Won: 6

In-Game Name: おぼえていますんか?
Icy has a spectacular aura aboutIcy has a spectacular aura about
I take that what you seek is a simple customized functionality. It's doable, but trying to achieve that in the mediawiki backdrop is rather cumbersome and may not work afterall. Entropy has kindly provided me a spot on the server, where I can make this sort of things. It can be a weekend project in the summer, but for what you suggest to work, there needs to be enough interest (or you might be the only person advertising your availability...)

"You should never judge a book by it's cover unless you understand what you are getting into. But anyone with eyes can determine your kind rather easily. You and Triumph are of the same breed. Egotistical, narcissists who believe that numbers are some how important. It is one's love for something that truly determines who knows more and it is without a doubt that my love for the mage class trumps yours any day."
Icy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2010, 12:32 PM   #5
GR8_Scotts
Gang Imp

I actually found a neat link within the forums -
'http://www.fiestafan.com/forums/memberlist.php'
that lets you list (and sort) all the members of FiestaFan... VERY cool. If the list could also sort by server that would be even better! If the members info page had a field called 'I typically get online at time:' x and then we could sort by server and time, that would be awesome! I understand this is now a forum request instead of a wiki request, who best handles forum / member mods?
As for people wanting it... idk. Who on FiestaFan would like to be able to find other FFs (by server and online time) to plan KQs, plvling, tower/castle tours, buy/sell great gear or just send emails to each other?
BTW, thanks for the help, this is a very helpful site!!
Old 05-04-2010, 04:36 PM   #6
Icy
Huge Slime

Modding the forum scripts is probably more difficult than creating something new. If you (and plenty of others too to make it work!) are interested in what I said previously, let me know.

"You should never judge a book by it's cover unless you understand what you are getting into. But anyone with eyes can determine your kind rather easily. You and Triumph are of the same breed. Egotistical, narcissists who believe that numbers are some how important. It is one's love for something that truly determines who knows more and it is without a doubt that my love for the mage class trumps yours any day."
Old 05-05-2010, 01:17 PM   #7
GR8_Scotts
Gang Imp

Dang, too bad modding the script is such a pain. Is there any way to pull information from the members records (in game name, lvl, server) to populate a searchable list / database? If not, it would require folks to keep that info in two spots... which most people would not be inclined to do. Heck, if we could just dump the data into a raw comma delimited file we could download it and sort it via a spreadsheet.

Well, my goal is to make it easy for players to find one another and have a way to communicate outside the game. I've been p'lvling folks lately and trying to explain all the 'best practices' you find here to them in one line whispers is almost impossible!
Old 05-05-2010, 10:20 PM   #8
Icy
Huge Slime

Originally Posted by GR8_Scotts View Post
I've been p'lvling folks lately and trying to explain all the 'best practices' you find here to them in one line whispers is almost impossible!
It's time you copied and pasted URLs into the chat

I'll look into this in more detail after my exams and let you know what I find. Till then!

Old 05-05-2010, 11:41 PM   #9
GR8_Scotts
Gang Imp

LOL, copy and paste would be great if I could get it to work! You'll have to let me in on the secret ways to do that Best of luck on your exams.