Remember, you MUST register to post on the Fiesta Fan forums. It's completely free to join. Just click HERE to become a member for free!

REGISTER NOW TO REMOVE ALL ADS ON THIS FORUM!

Closed Thread

Old 10-25-2007, 09:27 AM   #1
Pedobear
Marlone Megaton

In-Game Name: Thanatopsis
Current Level: 35
Pedobear will become famous soon enough
skills are raping my wallet.

am i doing something wrong?

okay, i hit level 20, i got my axe, i bought power hit, did the quest for vitality. took me a level and some farming on a mule but i finally got axe mastery, demoralizing hit and mock as well.

here's the problem. I still need 9s+ to get a sword and shield for partying, then bravery at level 22, slice n dice at 23, and 1 handed sword mastery at 25.

I'm not even getting into the boots at 24 and the house at 25, those are an issue all themselves.

How does one keep up on buying 2 weapons and their corresponding skills?
Old 10-25-2007, 10:25 AM   #2
AngellicDiety
Marlone

In-Game Name: AngellicDiety
Current Level: 1 divided by zero
Server: Teva
AngellicDiety will become famous soon enoughAngellicDiety will become famous soon enough
Originally Posted by Pedobear View Post
am i doing something wrong?

okay, i hit level 20, i got my axe, i bought power hit, did the quest for vitality. took me a level and some farming on a mule but i finally got axe mastery, demoralizing hit and mock as well.

here's the problem. I still need 9s+ to get a sword and shield for partying, then bravery at level 22, slice n dice at 23, and 1 handed sword mastery at 25.

I'm not even getting into the boots at 24 and the house at 25, those are an issue all themselves.

How does one keep up on buying 2 weapons and their corresponding skills?
Money is only an issue from 20-29. As you get into your 30's you need more xp per level so you'll have more time to farm. By your late 30's you will have almost 200s+ in reserve.
Old 10-25-2007, 10:45 AM   #3
Blaaaaaaaah
WONDERCLERIC

Tournaments Won: 15

In-Game Name: Bla~ahs
Current Level: 7x
Blaaaaaaaah has disabled reputation
Originally Posted by AngellicDiety View Post
Money is only an issue from 20-29. As you get into your 30's you need more xp per level so you'll have more time to farm. By your late 30's you will have almost 200s+ in reserve.
True for some people, not for all. I certainly do not have 200s+ in reserve at level 40. Heck, I'm going broke myself. Of course, there are various reasons for this, but I'm just saying that so Pedobear won't get his hopes too high.

Money doesn't come in as naturally as it sounds. I am constantly broke from having to buy my armours, weapon and shield a long with all the cleric skills I need. You'll probably need to vend a lot to get to the point where you have 200s in reserve. =/
Old 10-25-2007, 10:56 AM   #4
Pedobear
Marlone Megaton

lol, whether that's true or not, i think it's more prudent to worry about the issue at hand rather than what will happen in 10 levels.
Old 10-25-2007, 11:35 AM   #5
a.L
A to the R to the K

a.L has much to be proud ofa.L has much to be proud ofa.L has much to be proud ofa.L has much to be proud ofa.L has much to be proud ofa.L has much to be proud ofa.L has much to be proud ofa.L has much to be proud ofa.L has much to be proud ofa.L has much to be proud of
I think it's normal to be broke at those levels. Heck, in CB2, I was probably 5+ levels behind in skills on my fighter. Try getting into a party and farm King Marlone for weapons and rings.
Old 10-25-2007, 11:58 AM   #6
AngellicDiety
Marlone

In-Game Name: AngellicDiety
Current Level: 1 divided by zero
AngellicDiety will become famous soon enoughAngellicDiety will become famous soon enough
Originally Posted by Blaaaaaaaah View Post
True for some people, not for all. I certainly do not have 200s+ in reserve at level 40. Heck, I'm going broke myself. Of course, there are various reasons for this, but I'm just saying that so Pedobear won't get his hopes too high.

Money doesn't come in as naturally as it sounds. I am constantly broke from having to buy my armours, weapon and shield a long with all the cleric skills I need. You'll probably need to vend a lot to get to the point where you have 200s in reserve. =/
No need to vend, but vending helps. I had 400s+ in reserve until I found 2 lovely items: A good Dragons Tear, and a CG Halberd with good stats.

But anyways, if you really want to make money collect your chewy meats and intact bones, and sell it to the poor level 30's who cant possibly solo a monster that drops it for their quests.
Old 10-25-2007, 12:39 PM   #7
Zotius
Spade Guard Trumpy

Tournaments Won: 1

Zotius is on a distinguished road
o.0 So now you take advantage of the weak. I vend alot but since I don't have much capital I can't start big so take it slow. Now I have around 20s? I'm in the scrolls business...
Old 10-25-2007, 01:13 PM   #8
a.L
A to the R to the K

a.L has much to be proud ofa.L has much to be proud ofa.L has much to be proud ofa.L has much to be proud ofa.L has much to be proud ofa.L has much to be proud ofa.L has much to be proud ofa.L has much to be proud ofa.L has much to be proud ofa.L has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by AngellicDiety View Post
But anyways, if you really want to make money collect your chewy meats and intact bones, and sell it to the poor level 30's who cant possibly solo a monster that drops it for their quests.
Pretty hard for a level 20...
Old 10-25-2007, 07:21 PM   #9
Pedobear
Marlone Megaton

I've already been told that after level 30, you start picking up tier 3 drops and you need to kill many more mobs to level and so making money does come a bit easier.

so wackyboi, your advice is just keep up with what i can and when i finally start making money i will be able to catch up on everything?

I'm now about 10% of the way through level 22 and i have 341c. I'm not sure whether to buy more skills, equips, or the house. Normally, i'd skip the house for now since i hardly use it when grinding, but I've been using it more and more to save on pots (stopped buying stones, too expensive) I really need that sword and shield for party tanking, especially since i don't have much end added anyways (first 25 points went to spr) that extra 30 def and block rate would actually make a noticable difference for me.

this reminds me of being so poor i had to decide to pay for my electricity bill or heater. It's only in game, but i feel almost as stressed about this whole thing.

Last edited by Pedobear; 10-25-2007 at 07:24 PM..
Old 10-25-2007, 07:31 PM   #10
O-mie
Lilian's Maid

Tournaments Won: 1

In-Game Name: Omies (5x Cleric) Fable (4x Archer)
Current Level: OVER 900000000
O-mie is a splendid one to beholdO-mie is a splendid one to beholdO-mie is a splendid one to beholdO-mie is a splendid one to beholdO-mie is a splendid one to beholdO-mie is a splendid one to beholdO-mie is a splendid one to behold
Send a message via AIM to O-mie Send a message via MSN to O-mie
You could always ask a friend who is a bit higher than you to help you farm in MT (Pick herbs and mushrooms, their drops in MT sell quite a bit to NPC)

"Stand up for what you believe is right, even if you're standing alone."

Omies [5x Cleric] Fable [4x Archer] Omie [1x Mage] Wigglytuff [2x Fighter]
Teva

Nakama //GrandPaprika // Symphony
O-mie's Art Gallery || Sketch-Blog

Closed Thread