Remember, you MUST register to post on the Fiesta Fan forums. It's completely free to join. Just click HERE to become a member for free!

REGISTER NOW TO REMOVE ALL ADS ON THIS FORUM!

Closed Thread

Old 09-22-2008, 11:32 PM   #1
Loveless
Super Moderator

In-Game Name: Espei
Loveless has disabled reputation
Twilight (Possible Spoilers?)

Since I had been hearing a bit about this book called Twilight by Stephenie Meyer I decided to buy it one day. The cover of the book was intriguing enough and I had passed by it several times in the bookstore wondering what it was about.

Long story short after logging off Fiesta I decided to read it a bit before sleeping. What the bad choice that was. I ended up staying up the whole night finishing the book in one go. I just couldn't put it down, the suspense would've killed me if I had stopped!

So I just came back from the book store, walked several blocks with 3 thick books that rivaled Harry Potter's last book. Two of which were hardcovers (seriously they should just throw out the paperback without going through with the hardcovers). I don't normally read chick lit as a matter of fact I don't read it period but this was great. The romance was definitely there but the suspense what an addiction. So if you're on the fence of whether you should buy it or not... you should. Or you could try waiting for it at the library too.

Apparently there's also a movie coming out in December according to Sagarra. :3 That'd be interesting but read the book first, it's always better anyway to leave things to your imagination?
Old 09-22-2008, 11:34 PM   #2
Ralath
Bbang ggoo ddong ggoo

Tournaments Won: 36

Ralath is a splendid one to beholdRalath is a splendid one to beholdRalath is a splendid one to beholdRalath is a splendid one to beholdRalath is a splendid one to beholdRalath is a splendid one to beholdRalath is a splendid one to behold
Send a message via MSN to Ralath
I think the movies are going to be disappoint...

Book 2 is angsty. Not as good as Book 1.

Middle part of Book 3 is major angst too. Couldn't handle it so I had to stop reading. But the rest was good.
Old 09-22-2008, 11:35 PM   #3
A_Forever
:w

Movie shall be shit.
Old 09-23-2008, 12:31 AM   #4
Esen
Mini Jewel Keeper

In-Game Name: Kayem
Current Level: 5X
Server: Teva
Esen has much to be proud ofEsen has much to be proud ofEsen has much to be proud ofEsen has much to be proud ofEsen has much to be proud ofEsen has much to be proud ofEsen has much to be proud ofEsen has much to be proud of
Send a message via AIM to Esen
My friend is giving the movie a chance and since no one else who's read the book wants to see it, I'm going to keep her company unless she changes her mind.

Books are usually better (and will most likely be in this case too), but probably won't read the book until Spring. /can't drive to the library without a license

When my friends were reading it, I wasn't interested, but I usually give things a shot if they attract a large fan base. That's how I started reading HP anyway.

Will probably not read the other books in the series. Most people I know didn't like them so... /shrugs

zZzZzZzZz
Dragon Cave
Old 09-23-2008, 12:33 AM   #5
A_Forever

Yeah because 203948290843 pages without Edward is boring. Then Eclipse was.. I dunno..

I liked Eclipse the best, to be honest =\
Old 09-23-2008, 12:41 AM   #6
Hraesvelg
Blaaaaaah 2 u 2

In-Game Name: Hraesvelg
Current Level: 6X
Server: Teva
Hraesvelg is a glorious beacon of lightHraesvelg is a glorious beacon of lightHraesvelg is a glorious beacon of lightHraesvelg is a glorious beacon of lightHraesvelg is a glorious beacon of light
I read the first one. It was very disappointing.
Old 09-23-2008, 12:44 AM   #7
A_Forever

Honestly.. I don't understand how any grown man could like it. I heard that there are fathers who like the series and I was just.. surprised..
Old 09-23-2008, 12:49 AM   #8
Loveless
Super Moderator

In-Game Name: Espei
Loveless has disabled reputation
Book 1 in my opinion at the least was very good. I mean it did keep me all night reading it. I don't usually have high expectations when it comes to movies anyway but I like seeing books come alive. Same with my favourite manga turning into an Anime. Just a different way to look at things perhaps from another person's POV.

I've kind of realized that the book... the story in general is angsty but hey, what love isn't at one point or another. Seems a bit more realistic anyway than Prince Charming sweeping you off your feet and you live happily ever after.

I know several reviews say it was a disappointment but it's easier to criticize than to come out and say you liked it. -shrug- I started reading because it had a pretty big fan base too.

Just a reminder though this is in General Discussions.

@A_For: I kind of agree with you on that, it is a romance afteral. But the storytelling itself is good and there is a good bit of suspense.
Old 09-23-2008, 12:52 AM   #9
A_Forever

Book 2 and 3.. Bella is just a complainer. She was in 4 too, but there was so much to keep track of you didn't, well I didn't, really notice.

I really wish she would just finish Midnight sun >.< She stopped writing after finishing the chapter BEFORE the meadow =(((
Old 09-23-2008, 02:02 AM   #10
UserName
Jewel Grave Robber

In-Game Name: Disappear
Current Level: 2x
Server: Epith
UserName is on a distinguished road
I heard so much about this twilight book but never read it.
Doesnt it have like, 700pages?-_-
It's not that i dont like reading its that i never find a good book besides the ones my teacher chooses for our class which are usually really great books. Maybe its becuz i judge a book by the cover and the first page