Remember, you MUST register to post on the Fiesta Fan forums. It's completely free to join. Just click HERE to become a member for free!

REGISTER NOW TO REMOVE ALL ADS ON THIS FORUM!

Closed Thread

Old 09-01-2007, 09:48 PM   #1
Zartemis
Hero Slime

Zartemis is on a distinguished road
Sooo...Axe, 1h sword, or 2h?

I've been hearing everybody luv on teh axes. But I am /extremely/(Read: Obsessively.) fond of 2h swords. And 1h swords are in the fight somewhere. Which is best for what, and which pwns overall?
Old 09-01-2007, 10:27 PM   #2
Destrus
Lizard Knight

Tournaments Won: 10

In-Game Name: Fyoran
Current Level: 3x
Server: teva
Destrus has a spectacular aura aboutDestrus has a spectacular aura about
using a axe cost me a lot of money in CB2, so much that i was forced to just go back to my archer. so axe for lvling i sbad, it'll cost you more money than you earn. however axe is great when you just want to do damage, i haven't found a reason to complain about a 600+ crit yet.
Old 09-01-2007, 11:31 PM   #3
a.L
A to the R to the K

a.L has much to be proud ofa.L has much to be proud ofa.L has much to be proud ofa.L has much to be proud ofa.L has much to be proud ofa.L has much to be proud ofa.L has much to be proud ofa.L has much to be proud ofa.L has much to be proud ofa.L has much to be proud of
I can't remember exactly, but I THINK I was able to kill a tad bit faster with a 1H sword than with a 2H. Haven't tried with an axe, since they're too slow IMO.
Old 09-01-2007, 11:49 PM   #4
Valentines
Will you be mine ?

In-Game Name: DieRomantiic
Current Level: 20
Server: Teva
Valentines has much to be proud ofValentines has much to be proud ofValentines has much to be proud ofValentines has much to be proud ofValentines has much to be proud ofValentines has much to be proud ofValentines has much to be proud ofValentines has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by AndyB View Post
Trust me the shield makes a difference in later levels, most of the level 46 + fighters in our guild had to switch to 1h for the extra def against the final boss in the mini dragon KQ just so we would have enough people keeping the monster aggro away from the ranged and healers. Mini dragon in the kq uses fear so more than 1 tank is needed.
Originally Posted by rokaraged View Post
Remember the shield is usually about the same amount of defense as your CHEST PLATE. Thats ALOT of defense.

Shields though IMO are mainly just for PVE.
1 handed swords will be worthless against clerics and will do low damage to high armored characters like fighters.
I'll add a bit more on 1h since i pvped sasuke (uses 2h sword) on the last day of cb2.

1h definitely beats 2h in pvp damage wise. I was out damaging sasuke by quite a bit even with the shield. There was only 1 level between us so i don't think that would make much difference.

Not sure how the damage would have been vs a 2h axe wielder but i was outdamaging him, attacking faster and blocking so even though tequila was there as well if we'd had equal potions and stones i would have most likely won.

I definitely think the dev's need to look at 2h swords and improve them.

Adding abit more understanding here UchihaSasuke is 58 and AndyB is 59 in this fight
Originally Posted by rokaraged View Post
I have to see this in action.
Judging from just an experiencial standpoint 1handed sword damage is already extremely poor. They are increasingly ineffective against clerics and warrirors due to thier high def.

Axes on the other hand while they are slower, have very high damage and crit rates. 1 skill power hit crit and can pretty much know almost all of the hp of mages and archers of similar levels.

There is NO DELAY between skills. Allowing skill spamming between the axe and the 1handed sword to come at the SAME speed. You'll attack the same speed while dealing more damage with higher chance to crit
Some of the more higher levels opinions.

(copy/pasted from different topic)
Old 09-01-2007, 11:57 PM   #5
Zartemis
Hero Slime

Zartemis is on a distinguished road
It's beginning to look like the fight is between 1h and axe...opinions on those sides lean towards axe for dmg and 1h for defense...
Old 09-02-2007, 12:09 AM   #6
Valentines
Will you be mine ?

In-Game Name: DieRomantiic
Current Level: 20
Server: Teva
Valentines has much to be proud ofValentines has much to be proud ofValentines has much to be proud ofValentines has much to be proud ofValentines has much to be proud ofValentines has much to be proud ofValentines has much to be proud ofValentines has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by Zartemis View Post
It's beginning to look like the fight is between 1h and axe...opinions on those sides lean towards axe for dmg and 1h for defense...
AndyB said he was outdamaging Sasuke and his 2h(lvl50+9).

And also no-one really said much about 2h's so sorry
Old 09-02-2007, 12:41 AM   #7
AndyB
Huge Phinofly

Tournaments Won: 1

In-Game Name: AndyB
Current Level: 59 cb / 40 ob
AndyB is on a distinguished road
I'd say 1h is the best weapon for fighters although Liz and Renin would probably disagree

A 1h fighter's damage really isn't as bad as everybody thinks. The biggest drawback to 1h fighter's is they're probably the most expensive class to play in the game as you have to pay for an extra piece of equipment, and you will only start making a decent profit on solo trips from level 54 onwards.

Additionally its best to try and get any weapon you have to +6 or higher and after that work on getting the shield to +6 or higher so the def will make a real difference. The reason i say the weapon should be enhanced to +6 or higher is so that you can solo with a decent kill speed as parties will not always be available.

At level 48/49 a 1h fighter with a +7 level 40 sword has an almost equal kill speed to a mage with a level 50 +0 weapon. (note this is with equal buffs/scrolls)

Although 1h is tough in the early levels, in my opinion it really pays off in the later levels.
Old 09-02-2007, 01:26 AM   #8
weavers
Mushroom

weavers is on a distinguished road
The biggest drawback to 1h fighter's is they're probably the most expensive class to play in the game as you have to pay for an extra piece of equipment,.
i dunno. in cb a fighter was my second carchter,(1st was a lvl 7 archer). and i got my fighter to lvl 20 with no problems and was able to purchance lvl 20 armor, and have a 1h+sheild and the 2h axe from the quest and all of my skills. and i was wasting money left and right on floation stones, and making hp/sp pots, not like i had anything to sell either. never got a wepon or armor from KQ. i even went threw 3 lvl 20 chest peices trying to get +3 with elure. oh and i saved all of the teir 2 items for crafting. didn't sell anything and had money to burn. even tho having 1h and 2h spells cost alot i was able to keep it up.

on the other hand my cleric in OB, was my frist, and well i was flat broke when i hit 20. i couldn't buy the lvl 20 sheild armor, or any of the lvl 21 spells untill level 24.(i had all of my sub 20 spells tho) i mean i broke. and by 20 i made maybe 20 scrolls and 50 or so pots. it was ridiculous. i kept leveling, but couldn't afford the upgraded armor and spells. now at lvl 26 i got plenty of silver, but i've sold a ton of things like elure, lix, hp/sp pots drops, ect.

imo the cheapest class in the game, expence wise, is mages. i could lvl one from lvl 1-30 with less than a one silver. all you need is max firebolt and use magic missle one. the other spells arn't needed. and you don't really need +3 armor or even armor your level to kill things. and you can solo just fine with a few hp pots untill lvl ~25, cause then you need to kite to kill anything. but with groups you don't need mana pots once you got lifetap. their almost matiance free.
Old 09-02-2007, 04:44 AM   #9
AndyB
Huge Phinofly

Tournaments Won: 1

In-Game Name: AndyB
Current Level: 59 cb / 40 ob
AndyB is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by weavers View Post
on the other hand my cleric in OB, was my frist, and well i was flat broke when i hit 20. i couldn't buy the lvl 20 sheild armor, or any of the lvl 21 spells untill level 24.(i had all of my sub 20 spells tho) i mean i broke. and by 20 i made maybe 20 scrolls and 50 or so pots. it was ridiculous. i kept leveling, but couldn't afford the upgraded armor and spells. now at lvl 26 i got plenty of silver, but i've sold a ton of things like elure, lix, hp/sp pots drops, ect.
That's the same problem i have with my fighter, i'm alright for equipment but i still have like 4 or 5 skills to buy.

You can't really compare cb to ob in terms of money as cb1 was easier because quest's gave better money rewards and skills were much cheaper. Additionally throughout cb1 and cb2 chest events made money easy to come by.

Last edited by AndyB; 09-02-2007 at 04:46 AM..
Old 09-17-2007, 08:37 AM   #10
marijunia
Mushroom

marijunia is on a distinguished road
1 handed for speed and + SHIELD boy thats alot of def 2 handed for both speed and lil bit more damages (looks cool) and axe for all damages but slow! i had a 7+ axe in cb2 man it was so damn slow in kq even slow in grinding but the damage was awsome but for now im go for 2 handed sword i can't wait only 5 more levels =]

Last edited by marijunia; 09-17-2007 at 08:40 AM..
Closed Thread