Remember, you MUST register to post on the Fiesta Fan forums. It's completely free to join. Just click HERE to become a member for free!

REGISTER NOW TO REMOVE ALL ADS ON THIS FORUM!

Closed Thread

Old 11-20-2007, 01:22 AM   #11
AngellicDiety
Marlone

In-Game Name: AngellicDiety
Current Level: 1 divided by zero
Server: Teva
AngellicDiety will become famous soon enoughAngellicDiety will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by Icy View Post
(Power hit can't stun. Power hit can't damage and stun more than one target. When you're tanking a group of mobs/clerics, what would you rather use.)
Devastate cant be used to definitively kill people... With that said it is enough to justify the need for Power Hit. What good will devastate do if their (enemy players) going to use hp potions and stones? Answer is, none.

What good is devastate going to do you against a single foe? None.

People think the answer to everything is to use devastate... Its not. Devastate is a tool to help us kill an opponite easier, but without drenching him in serious damaging hits, we might as well be fighting with our fists... Besides, in the time it takes for devastate to cool down, with an empowered powerhit you cant hit 4 times if not more.

Doing the math at level 5 with full power enhancements that can be well over 5000 damage if you do not factor in monster defense or anything alike...

So, what is more valuable for the kill?

5000 damage to get rid of a mage, or an archer in a GW? or a measly 600~1200 damage and stunning him only for him to use his potions on you...

As for clerics, well put it this way if your facing a cleric of the same level - one on one - and you dont have a fully empowered powerhit, you might as well give up. There is no way you can deal the damage needed without a fully empowered powerhit, and even with it is pretty difficult considering they have 3 sources for hp -stones, potions and abilities...

Dont get me wrong, devastate is a very handy technique. But when you say it should be the creme de la creme of your aresenal... Well thats a whole other issue.

Last edited by AngellicDiety; 11-20-2007 at 01:28 AM..
Old 11-20-2007, 12:13 PM   #12
Zotius
Spade Guard Trumpy

Tournaments Won: 1

Zotius is on a distinguished road
Solid argument.
Old 11-20-2007, 04:14 PM   #13
lebatt
Speedy Honeying

In-Game Name: I_TAKE_A_POUNDIN
Current Level: 43
lebatt is an unknown quantity at this point
Also depends on what u are going

Tank for me and I use devastate now and i find it very very handy. I can easily reduce damage on me and control more mobs at once.

Power hit is nice too. I cant wait for vampiric strike. Any comments on that one?

Can you increase it so it gives you more health?

and for my devastate i maxed stun time, cooldown, and one point into damage. That added 102 i think. Was nice
Old 11-22-2007, 01:20 AM   #14
AngellicDiety
Marlone

In-Game Name: AngellicDiety
Current Level: 1 divided by zero
AngellicDiety will become famous soon enoughAngellicDiety will become famous soon enough
Originally Posted by lebatt View Post
Also depends on what u are going

Tank for me and I use devastate now and i find it very very handy. I can easily reduce damage on me and control more mobs at once.

Power hit is nice too. I cant wait for vampiric strike. Any comments on that one?

Can you increase it so it gives you more health?

and for my devastate i maxed stun time, cooldown, and one point into damage. That added 102 i think. Was nice
I havent tried empowering vampiric strike, however I dont really plan to. I'm saving up points to push into Whirlwind's power. Even though both Vampric Strike and whirlwind have a 3 minute cooldown, the damage from whirlwind I can use in coordination with devastate as well as Power Hit.

EDIT: a Fully empowered powerhit

Last edited by AngellicDiety; 11-23-2007 at 11:48 AM..
Closed Thread