Remember, you MUST register to post on the Fiesta Fan forums. It's completely free to join. Just click HERE to become a member for free!

REGISTER NOW TO REMOVE ALL ADS ON THIS FORUM!

Closed Thread

Old 03-05-2008, 09:27 AM   #11
Enraya
WONDERARCHER

Server: Teva
Enraya is a splendid one to beholdEnraya is a splendid one to beholdEnraya is a splendid one to beholdEnraya is a splendid one to beholdEnraya is a splendid one to beholdEnraya is a splendid one to beholdEnraya is a splendid one to behold

Well, there were nubby people before the new server too @__@

I guess it's a learning curve, but I hear lots of oldies say that there was a time when KQs rarely fail. Up until my first Robo, I have never failed a KQ and about a month ago someone told me that Slime KQ fails all the time now .___. lll

Your role varies with what the situation is ... if you get in a KQ all full of fighters and clerics, it's not very practically to make each and every single person a tanker because they have lots of HP @__@ But I guess you have to be flexible ... if you're an archer that's completely buffed up with 1k more HP than other people, try tanking! o-o Just because you're not a fighter doesn't mean that you can't tank ...

But I guess some people are going overboard with this @__@ Mages saying "i tank" when that mage is the lowest level allowed in a KQ with no buffs on and 2 clerics ... >3<

{ enraya ! }
Old 03-05-2008, 09:52 AM   #12
Sero
Jizz King

In-Game Name: SerodinSliver | GoldenMirrodin | DarkMirrodin |
Current Level: 90 | 55 | 74
Sero has a spectacular aura aboutSero has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via MSN to Sero Send a message via Yahoo to Sero
Well at least archers can both tank and do DPS, but mages take lotsa aggro too ^^ Clerics on the other hand can't hold aggro =X

take me above your light
carry me through the night
Originally Posted by vasu619 View Post
Ugh...Serodin is on a roll...

Note to self: Nevar EVAR get Serodin talking about umm, sticks with sacks.
Originally Posted by Vivi View Post
Another note for handling Sero: do not get him started about moms.
Originally Posted by Spirit View Post
I agree with Blaaaahs. Serodin cracks me up.

Oh and for the record, I am weird.
Originally Posted by hyperswoss View Post
Serodin is my hot, hot, sex~ ^.~
hold me secure in flight
sing me to sleep tonight
Old 03-06-2008, 04:07 AM   #13
Loveless
Super Moderator

In-Game Name: Espei
Loveless has disabled reputation
It's true, I've tanked several times as an Archer in Mini Dragon. Held aggro a little too well that I couldn't shake Dragon off with 3 Fighters taunting + Nature's Protection. So I decided to just stop and tank until it used its fire breath. I can take every hit except that one. So when people saw me in Mini Dragon they usually say I'm back-up tank even with other Fighters there. :P

That aside, I think Epith has a good number of Fighters cause that's usually your easiest character to play. A lot of them tend to be 'DD' which isn't a bad thing yet there are Clerics who try to fight. Yeah, I think we have enough tanks/DDs that you can go back to your main role.
Old 03-06-2008, 05:08 AM   #14
Ralath
Bbang ggoo ddong ggoo

Tournaments Won: 36

Ralath is a splendid one to beholdRalath is a splendid one to beholdRalath is a splendid one to beholdRalath is a splendid one to beholdRalath is a splendid one to beholdRalath is a splendid one to beholdRalath is a splendid one to behold
Send a message via MSN to Ralath
^LOL!

Why do people like melee combat anyway... *confused*

I'd rather just sit back and spam heal every 3 seconds and read a book or something than have to use Bash all the time to do any decent damage...

Honestly, I think half the people playing Fiesta choose the wrong class.

I had a Fighter tell me in Robo one time that he didn't want to mock because "he was going to die."

WTH do you think the squishies are going to do if you don't mock... >_>;;

Old 03-06-2008, 05:15 AM   #15
Hessah
Hardcore Procrastinator

Burger Time Champion! Cannon Ball Follies 2 Champion!
Tournaments Won: 51

In-Game Name: Hessah / Ble~ehs
Current Level: 91 / 85 / 79 / 65 / 28
Server: Teeeeeee-vah
Hessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Ralath View Post
^LOL!

I'd rather just sit back and spam heal every 3 seconds and read a book or something than have to use Bash all the time to do any decent damage...

I had a Fighter tell me in Robo one time that he didn't want to mock because "he was going to die."

LOL! hey hey u cant read a book while u're spamming heal coz in those 3 seconds u have to judge who in ur party is going to die 1st, who should you heal first and who can be left dead and revived later... XD

but yeah i hate clerics that fights when there are ppl that needs healing~

I think i've only ever done that in GH, coz i need my golden bugs.. but most other times i stick to healing... (esp when i realise how little dmg i actually do)

G____G

G____GTevaG____G
Heart___G_Hessah_G___Heart
79 - Paladin | 85 - Enchanter | 91 - Scoutxx
Ninja text! For those who's easily amused
I can show you the woooorld!
I don't want to see it!
okay...

Old 03-06-2008, 09:59 AM   #16
Enraya
WONDERARCHER

Enraya is a splendid one to beholdEnraya is a splendid one to beholdEnraya is a splendid one to beholdEnraya is a splendid one to beholdEnraya is a splendid one to beholdEnraya is a splendid one to beholdEnraya is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by Ralath View Post
^LOL!

xDDD
I guess I agree ...
At first when I started a cleric, I thought I was going to love it because I get to help other people, not use as much HP stones, get the upper hand in PvP because of heals and buff others and myself! =O
But I guess healing just wasn't for me ...
I'm glad I switched to an archer, and even though I feel slightly jealous about all the other classes having something to help someone else (dispel, stun, heal/buff), I guess archers just struck me was a suitable class to play.

I don't see, sometimes, why people are afraid to die in KQ >3< I guess when you need to conserve your lives because the clerics are going to be preoccupied, it seems okay. But you don't lose exp in a KQ, and if you know there's going to be a break soon when the clerics can rez you, you can just get the squishies safe and take a risk @__@ After all, if we're talking about a fighter, better you mock and take a chance than a huge bunch of squishies dying and making it hard for clerics with damage spread out over so many people.

{ enraya ! }
Old 03-07-2008, 02:22 PM   #17
Amanda2_0
Speedy Honeying

In-Game Name: Amanda2_0
Current Level: 6x
Amanda2_0 will become famous soon enoughAmanda2_0 will become famous soon enough
I suicide mage/archer all the time in low lvl KQ... why? The tanks are slow to pull the mobs so I do it myself XD. Granted I have played this game forever so I am at low risk of pulling more than I can handle. Sadly it take them forever to learn their class... so you get clerics not even pushing the only button they need to push in KQ. Ha, or they try to tank :/, which would be fine if you could still heal the tanker at the same time.

I made a super deadly archer for Slime kingdom quest and I have to laugh when they always stop to figure out who will be tanking King Slime... well it wont matter cause, I will end up tanking. You think the fact that I had already tanked everything up the hill that they would already know who would be tanking.

Anyway besides KQ the new server is funny, you have a lot more people asking questions like when open beta started. I spent maybe a half hour with this one person explaining the game and was answering the shouts XD. Dakkon spent a few days regularly in Roumen helping people out... poor Dakkon got stuck with that .
Old 03-08-2008, 01:03 PM   #18
Enraya
WONDERARCHER

Originally Posted by Amanda2_0 View Post
Anyway besides KQ the new server is funny, you have a lot more people asking questions like when open beta started. I spent maybe a half hour with this one person explaining the game and was answering the shouts XD. Dakkon spent a few days regularly in Roumen helping people out... poor Dakkon got stuck with that .
.____________________________________________O
Wow?

Yes, wow.
That's ... amazing @__@"

{ enraya ! }
Old 03-08-2008, 03:05 PM   #19
-Leona-
Speedy Boogy

In-Game Name: StarLeona
Current Level: Capped
-Leona- will become famous soon enough
Send a message via AIM to -Leona-
I hate and despise and hate and despise EPITH.

A nubbed to the bone server. I went there once i had an archer got to about level 20 (i really enjoyed playing archer) but the people in there are at the least retards in means of knowing wat to do. Clerics didn't heal ALMOST AT ALL (they only healed if the someone would say HEAL PLZ, so if i go out tanking i have to sa HEAL PLZ otherwise i dont' get healed even if the cleric is in my party), fighters didn't tank and had no idea what snearing kick was for (and i saw level 30 fighters saying "wat good is taunt, what idiot would in purposely want to get attacked"), mages didn't know they should never attack with physical attack and archers refused to pull because they are to afraid of dying.

Than i go into pvp and a level 30 fighters come to me says "1 on 1 nub" kills me in shroom than starts bragging on how strong he is (after killing a level 20 archer while he was weilding a +9 axe) telling me i need to learn some more about the game before showing my face in pvp arena.

I don't have my Star on Teva to get into that kind of situation on another server so that was the drop that filled the glass.

THAT WAS THE DAY i scrapped that server and swore not to ever step foot in that sea of ignorant people. Without offending anyone or anything of the sort the only decent players in there are the people who moved from the older servers.

I apologize if my words are to harsh by my xp in that server was horrible.

StarLeona lvl 7x Fighter
Guild Master of Serenity
DD full str Axe Fighter 1.3k+ Defence
REMEMBER THIS NAME cuz ONE DAY WILL BE LEGEND

Last edited by -Leona-; 03-08-2008 at 03:31 PM..
Old 03-11-2008, 07:10 PM   #20
Loveless
Super Moderator

In-Game Name: Espei
Loveless has disabled reputation
Quote:
A nubbed to the bone server. I went there once i had an archer got to about level 20 (i really enjoyed playing archer) but the people in there are at the least retards in means of knowing wat to do. Clerics didn't heal ALMOST AT ALL (they only healed if the someone would say HEAL PLZ, so if i go out tanking i have to sa HEAL PLZ otherwise i dont' get healed even if the cleric is in my party), fighters didn't tank and had no idea what snearing kick was for (and i saw level 30 fighters saying "wat good is taunt, what idiot would in purposely want to get attacked"), mages didn't know they should never attack with physical attack and archers refused to pull because they are to afraid of dying.
Lmao. I love the Fighter snearing part. I've met some nice people on Epith... not exactly Fiesta-smart but nice/friendly nonetheless.

I find it weird how people ask about what your DEF is in the Mara KQ. In Slime I would understand cause the highest DEF'd Fighter is best to tank. But in Mara you've got several Clerics who are able to Heal enough HP. Though DEF and HP does play a factor... if you've got 4+ Clerics healing you... it's really a matter of whether the Fighter can tank or not.

The bad thing is that KQs lag my computer and my chat box so much that I can't say a word (yet I'm fine in Elderine... o.O). So I can't yell at ignorant people. :/
Closed Thread