Remember, you MUST register to post on the Fiesta Fan forums. It's completely free to join. Just click HERE to become a member for free!

REGISTER NOW TO REMOVE ALL ADS ON THIS FORUM!

Closed Thread

Old 12-26-2008, 06:17 AM   #1
Deoial
Crab

In-Game Name: Deoial
Current Level: 4x
Server: Epith
Deoial is on a distinguished road
Xenogears

Hey, once a year i play thru each one of my old PS1 rpgs that have survived all these years of my abuse... most recently i played thru xenogears, and i was woundering if there were any other hardcore xenogears fans out there besides myself this will be the 5th time ive beaten that game

and also if anyone knows of similar games im a big rpg fan and have play hundreds and hundreds of rpgs over every system (even stuff like zork for amstrad an all text game..) nes snes ps1, ps2, ps3, xbox, game cube, n64 and even a few gems from sega and there are few that stand out as much as xenogears so whats everyones fav rpgs in here?

Programming today is a race between software engineers striving to build bigger and better idiot-proof programs, and the Universe trying to produce bigger and better idiots. So far, the Universe is winning.
Old 12-26-2008, 06:30 AM   #2
Loveless
Super Moderator

In-Game Name: Espei
Loveless has disabled reputation
Moved to Gamer's World.

I've never heard of Xenogears but my all time favourite RPG is the 'Tales of' series. Since I own Nintendo based consoles I've only really played Tales of Symphonia and its sequel. Love both of them, especially the first. I've also played Tales of Phantasia on PSP. The story and everything is so much fun... not to mention the battles and skills you can use. :3
Old 12-26-2008, 06:36 AM   #3
a.L
A to the R to the K

a.L has much to be proud ofa.L has much to be proud ofa.L has much to be proud ofa.L has much to be proud ofa.L has much to be proud ofa.L has much to be proud ofa.L has much to be proud ofa.L has much to be proud ofa.L has much to be proud ofa.L has much to be proud of
Grandia 2, Golden Sun 1 and 2 are my faves. xD

I want to try Xenosaga though.

Last edited by a.L; 12-26-2008 at 06:38 AM..
Old 12-26-2008, 09:37 AM   #4
Mindspank
Flying Staff

In-Game Name: Mindspank
Current Level: 103 Sharpshooter
Server: Bijou
Mindspank will become famous soon enough
Send a message via Yahoo to Mindspank
Xenosaga was ambitious, but hit the floor pretty hard in terms of what it should have been compared to Xenogears. Xenosaga was supposed to be chapters one two and three, with xenogears being part four I believe. But it turned out that Xenosaga kinda strayed away from the universe that Xenogears layed down and kinda did its own thing, with only references to the xenogears world. Almost like it was a paralel universe versus an actual prequil series.

Ive been playing square games since 1986, though I have not been in touch with alot of the newer games. I think I fell out after Final Fantasy X. Moved on to Enix games, before the merger, and have since diversified my RPG experiences. I have just about every RPG for the SNES, alot for the PS1 and started to fall off the band wagon on PS2. The Tales series is one of my all time favorites. Star Ocean is a good series as well.

@Loveless: The PSP translation of ToP sucked hard. They removed ALOT of content and little jokes. ToP had a very adult undertone on the Super Famicom, and that was since removed on both the GBA and PSP ports. If you manage to get ahold of ToP for PSX in japanese, either the original or the best series works, talescless.org has a translation project thats been underway for the PSX remake for YEARS, but if im not mistaken they are either done, or 99% done at the time I post this. Just download a PSX emulator and copy your legal ToP ISO then apply the patch to translate it then run it in the emulator. Its a pain in the rear end, but the original translation is worth the trouble.

Fiesta - Mindspank - Bijou - 103 Sharpshooter
Aion - Mindspank - Israphel - 65 Ranger
Old 12-26-2008, 04:17 PM   #5
Deoial
Crab

Originally Posted by a.L View Post
Grandia 2, Golden Sun 1 and 2 are my faves. xD

I want to try Xenosaga though.
send me a pm with your msn/aim/yahoo (whatever your preferred method of communication is)

and i can hook you up with a ps1 emulator and where to get some xenogears iso's

i beleive all old video games should be free and i do my part to make em that way

heres a list of the rpg's i can think of that ive beaten

NES:
Dragon Warrior 1-4
Final Fantasy
Crystalis
Earthbound 0
Startropics 2: Zodas Revenge
Ultima
Legend of the Ghost Lion

SNES:
Chrono Trigger
Breath of Fire 1-2
Tales of Symphonia (havnt beaten it currently stuck)
7th Saga
Dragon Quest 5 (really dragon warrior but never reeased in the usa so got a tranlated rom)
Earthbound
Final Fantasy 4-6
Live A Live
Illusion of Gaia
Lufia 1-2
Secret of Mana
Secret of Evermore
Super Mario RPG
Star Ocean (i have the jap one but no translaed one anyone got a translated star ocean?)
Terranigma

PS1
Final Fantasy 7-9
Breath of Fire 3-4
Xenogears
Dragon Warrior 7
Final Fantasy Origins (FF1-2)
Final Fantasy Tactics
Grandia
Legend of Dragoon
Legend of Legaia
Lunar: Silver Star Story
Lunar2: Eternal Blue
Megaman Legends 1-2
Parasite Eve 1-2 (both are in my all time faves)
Saga Frontier
Suikoden (used to own it got stolen... now the game itself is worth like 300 bucks...)
Torenko the Last Hope
Valkyrie Profile
Wild Arms 1-2

damn this is a long list

PS2
Brath of Fire: Dragon Quarter
Xenosaga 1-3
Grandia 2
Kingdom Hearts
Orphen: Scion of Sorcery
Wild Arms 3
Wild Arms: Alter Code F (remake of 1 with ps2 graphics and few added features)
Summoner
Star Ocean: Till the end of time
Unlimited Saga
Legaia 2: Duel Saga
.//Hack 1-2
Dragon Quest 8: Journy of the Cursed King

Xbox:
LotR (its a weird one cant remember the whole name)
Metal Dungeon
Morrowind
(thats all the rpg games ive got for xbox)

PS3
Oblivion
Enchanted Arms
Eternal Sonata

i left out my list for hand helds like GB, GBA, PSP, but feel fre to look up some of these if youve never heard of them

also if you want info on emulators/roms just send me a pm and ill link ya up and get ya started

Programming today is a race between software engineers striving to build bigger and better idiot-proof programs, and the Universe trying to produce bigger and better idiots. So far, the Universe is winning.

Last edited by Deoial; 12-26-2008 at 04:19 PM.. Reason: didnt want to double post and spelling
Old 12-26-2008, 05:58 PM   #6
Mindspank
Flying Staff

There is a difference between suggesting someone BUY a game and copy it using an emulator to play it with a translation patch, and then suggesting someone PM you so you can hook them up with ISO's. For the record I was in no way, shape or form supporting, encouraging or most importantly, ENABLING videogame piracy.

While you may feel older games should be free, sadly, the license holders would beg to differ with you on that as they have not released any licenses for any games, and ergo, even NES roms are still illegal. So in short I hope you own a copy of the games that you have ROM's for, because its usually a rule of thumb that warez chat is against the ToS.

And quite frankly, I dont feel like getting banned for enabling because you decided to troll for a topic about slingin your warez. Thats something that you keep to PM.

Last edited by Mindspank; 12-26-2008 at 06:07 PM..
Old 12-26-2008, 06:50 PM   #7
Deoial
Crab

Originally Posted by Mindspank View Post
There is a difference between suggesting someone BUY a game and copy it using an emulator to play it with a translation patch, and then suggesting someone PM you so you can hook them up with ISO's. For the record I was in no way, shape or form supporting, encouraging or most importantly, ENABLING videogame piracy.

While you may feel older games should be free, sadly, the license holders would beg to differ with you on that as they have not released any licenses for any games, and ergo, even NES roms are still illegal. So in short I hope you own a copy of the games that you have ROM's for, because its usually a rule of thumb that warez chat is against the ToS.

And quite frankly, I dont feel like getting banned for enabling because you decided to troll for a topic about slingin your warez. Thats something that you keep to PM.
well technically according to terms and use of emulators you must own the game to keep the iso/rom (of witch i do own 90% of the games in their actually cd/cartridge form) and if you down own them they must be deleted within 30 days of download i was suggesting the pm to hand out the links to the isos downloading them is entirely up to the person and following the rules after works the same way

didnt mean to make it seem like i was handing out illegally pirated games

Old 12-26-2008, 06:52 PM   #8
Mindspank
Flying Staff

Im not saying either way bro. I just dont wanna get banhammered on a technicality.

I feel the same way you do about the older games, its just something I reluctantly voice in the open because it tends to get you banned.

Old 12-26-2008, 07:03 PM   #9
Deoial
Crab

well thanks for the headsup, didnt even think of it that way im guessing youve seen the banhammer come down for similar events

and of course i own a copy of my roms :P just dont feel like lugging my snes everywhere i roam to play an old game ^_^ and who wants to dust off their nes, and pop in a game just to see that all their data was deleted after 20 minutes of blowing and adjusting the game resetting and bam everything gone >_<

Old 12-26-2008, 07:15 PM   #10
Mindspank
Flying Staff

I understand how you feel. I own a ton of old carts too and all my systems have since blown up and I am stuck with the games (to include my xbox 360)

I have not seen the hammer come down like that here, but on past boards I used to frequent, they would have dedicated mods who trolled looking for keywords in threads related to emulation and people got swept under the rug. Like seriously, 20 minutes after the post was made it was locked and at least one user was banned, almost always the first person to drop the E bomb. I dont know how it works being an MMO board, but by habbit I get cautious whenever someone says emulator in a post. I said it first I know, but in a different context.

Not to mention I have been banned for it, but thats another story.

Closed Thread