Remember, you MUST register to post on the Fiesta Fan forums. It's completely free to join. Just click HERE to become a member for free!

REGISTER NOW TO REMOVE ALL ADS ON THIS FORUM!

Closed Thread

Old 11-13-2009, 10:36 AM   #1
Sanastra
Fire Mushroom

Sanastra is on a distinguished road
Longshot but please help:)

Hi everyone. I can't go into the details of 'why' verymuch but this is what I need 2 know:

the best pvp Mage build & skill build for a 79capd sever.
This means without spammable magic blast and 4.5 second cooldown fireball.
I wanna know exactly how mages coped with fighters before we became like that. Also ona side note, the enemy I will be facing has about 9k hp extendered. Share your knowledge folks
Old 11-13-2009, 12:52 PM   #2
Chimaera
Honeying

Current Level: 85+
Server: Apoline
Chimaera is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to Chimaera
Too much HP to cut down without the spammable magic blast and fireball.

Use a full Lv. 75 intellect set with as much INT as possible. I doubt a Lv. 79 capped server even has set armor, but I wouldn't know. Consider your build full INT or the +25 SPR option (paired w/ completed license on your hatchling wand+9) Use jewelry that increases your basic magic damage. I hope you see where I'm going with this.

Empowerments — bold is absolute, the rest is optional/interchangeable.

Magic Blast: +5 Power/CD
Spam this skill. Alternate fireball and firebolt in between.

Fireball: +5 Power/CD
Hopefully you can get a nice crit.

Firebolt: +5 Power/CD
Still powerful enough to do some damage.

Frost Nova: +5 Power/CD
A good alternative (than icebolt/iceblast) to slowing the fighter down at the BEGINNING of the battle or while you're kiting. Some people think your AoEs are useless in PvP: they're not.

Drain Mind: +5 Duration/CD.
Duration is a must. If you plan on making this a long fight, consider cooldown. You will reach about 17.5 seconds total if this skill is chain casted and you have your full Lv. 75 intellect set.

Stifle: +5 Duration/CD.
If you have some nice DEX gear paired with the INT you desperately need, stifle can help you get out of a stun. But cast frost nova/inferno at your feet before trying something like that. Consider both duration and cooldown.

Hopefully the fighter will use a 2h/axe instead of a shield as that would reduce their magic defense. However, if you want to last through a stun (while he's stifled) pray he uses a 1h + shield or you're dead.

Last edited by Chimaera; 11-13-2009 at 12:55 PM..
Old 11-13-2009, 07:39 PM   #3
Sanastra
Fire Mushroom

Originally Posted by Chimaera View Post
Too much HP to cut down without the spammable magic blast and fireball.

Use a full Lv. 75 intellect set with as much INT as possible. I doubt a Lv. 79 capped server even has set armor, but I wouldn't know. Consider your build full INT or the +25 SPR option (paired w/ completed license on your hatchling wand+9) Use jewelry that increases your basic magic damage. I hope you see where I'm going with this.

Empowerments — bold is absolute, the rest is optional/interchangeable.

Magic Blast: +5 Power/CD
Spam this skill. Alternate fireball and firebolt in between.

Fireball: +5 Power/CD
Hopefully you can get a nice crit.

Firebolt: +5 Power/CD
Still powerful enough to do some damage.

Frost Nova: +5 Power/CD
A good alternative (than icebolt/iceblast) to slowing the fighter down at the BEGINNING of the battle or while you're kiting. Some people think your AoEs are useless in PvP: they're not.

Drain Mind: +5 Duration/CD.
Duration is a must. If you plan on making this a long fight, consider cooldown. You will reach about 17.5 seconds total if this skill is chain casted and you have your full Lv. 75 intellect set.

Stifle: +5 Duration/CD.
If you have some nice DEX gear paired with the INT you desperately need, stifle can help you get out of a stun. But cast frost nova/inferno at your feet before trying something like that. Consider both duration and cooldown.

Hopefully the fighter will use a 2h/axe instead of a shield as that would reduce their magic defense. However, if you want to last through a stun (while he's stifled) pray he uses a 1h + shield or you're dead.
Sorry Major alteration.. he has 7.3k hp. and we both have BK+9s. the deal simply is i gotta win without Magic blast 81 & 85 fireball. what is the best way?

*added. il work on getting the intel set. end/int right? & doe int on gear even make that big a difference?
am use to end/dex i will happily chance or try to find end/int/dex if someone gives me good reason 2

Last edited by Sanastra; 11-13-2009 at 07:41 PM..
Old 11-14-2009, 12:41 AM   #4
MikeyG
Touch all the butts

Tournaments Won: 10

In-Game Name: lnfamous
Current Level: 6x
Server: Teva
MikeyG has disabled reputation
Send a message via Skype™ to MikeyG
How do you have a BK wep at lvl 79?
Old 11-14-2009, 01:02 PM   #5
Sanastra
Fire Mushroom

Originally Posted by MikeyG View Post
How do you have a BK wep at lvl 79?
I said skill build for 79 because am not allowed 2 use magic blast and fireball over 79. Eveything else is normal. We both 89. It's just a debate that came up that mages became hax after 81& 85. So we doing a match where we set certain precautions on eachother.

A friend gifted me stat & skill resets. Just for the occasion (we like to waste sc making bets that no one really care about lol).

Anyways. I been thinking, perhaps the key would be to max cooldwn and damage and use the max level magic missle.
I think it would go. Mm.Mb.fb.mm.mb. An so on, although I haven't properly worked out if there will be delays and stuff. Or if I will run out of 15sec skills to cast.
Old 11-14-2009, 05:26 PM   #6
Chimaera
Honeying

Current Level: 85+
Server: Apoline
Chimaera is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to Chimaera
Originally Posted by Sanastra View Post
Sorry Major alteration.. he has 7.3k hp. and we both have BK+9s. the deal simply is i gotta win without Magic blast 81 & 85 fireball. what is the best way?

*added. il work on getting the intel set. end/int right? & doe int on gear even make that big a difference?
am use to end/dex i will happily chance or try to find end/int/dex if someone gives me good reason 2
INT is better in a build (seems to ignore magic defense and directly effect HP), but is also good in gear. If you want to kill a fighter with a BK, the only way is to kill him first. END and DEX will not save you unless the fighter is stifled and he's tempted to run away from the AoE you set.

Last edited by Chimaera; 11-14-2009 at 05:30 PM..
Closed Thread