Remember, you MUST register to post on the Fiesta Fan forums. It's completely free to join. Just click HERE to become a member for free!

REGISTER NOW TO REMOVE ALL ADS ON THIS FORUM!

Closed Thread

Old 03-26-2009, 08:34 AM   #41
Hraesvelg
Blaaaaaah 2 u 2

In-Game Name: Hraesvelg
Current Level: 6X
Server: Teva
Hraesvelg is a glorious beacon of lightHraesvelg is a glorious beacon of lightHraesvelg is a glorious beacon of lightHraesvelg is a glorious beacon of lightHraesvelg is a glorious beacon of light

Perhaps as part of an overarching theme, including the later content, this might be seen as a decent first step, in hindsight. The Countdown Clock of Doom seemed to portend something a bit more...epic. I think people might have been expecting something a bit more robust than a few paragraphs and an expensive suit, especially when a lot of the murmuring of late has been about the focus on buying items from the cashshop.

I've seen how several MMOs have tried implementing new content on a gamewide basis, and it has been pretty hit and miss. The most successful, at least as far as player reactions, seem to be the ones that release a lot of new content. Maps, costumes, weapons, new content for the greedy masses to devour. Granted, much of what would be expected by a huge event would need to come from the developers, and in this we realize that Outspark doesn't have the control over the content that they would like.

It's your job to be a mouthpiece, and for that I'm sorry if you feel any sort of personal insult. Outspark does get a lot of flack, some deserved, some not.
Old 03-26-2009, 09:05 AM   #42
Ivramire
Where shall we wander?

Ivramire has much to be proud ofIvramire has much to be proud ofIvramire has much to be proud ofIvramire has much to be proud ofIvramire has much to be proud ofIvramire has much to be proud ofIvramire has much to be proud ofIvramire has much to be proud ofIvramire has much to be proud ofIvramire has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by SKiNG View Post
Btw, this Angels and Demons story isn't just about the release of these items, it also ties into the content coming in April along with other changes happening, which I cannot discuss but I'm sure everyone will love it.

105 cap raise along with everything else in that release are also part of the story.

I think the disappointed reaction that was garnered was perfectly understandable. The appearance of a countdown clock seemed to portend for something game-changing or signaled the release of lots of new content. The clock built up anticipation which is always a good thing when releasing new content, but it happened to backfire in this particular instance.

When the clock ran down and all that appeared to happen was a Cash-Shop release and a boss-spawn event + an expansion to the up to now irrelevant story, I think the disappointment was justified. Now, if it was indicated that the initial release was heralding more actual content, I don't think anyone would have had cause to complain.

In summary, people saw clock, expected big-update, clock run down, only CS items, people post bad things. Now that we know better, people can anticipate the new content =D

Edit: I used 'content' way too much in this post.

Last edited by Ivramire; 03-26-2009 at 09:08 AM..
Closed Thread