Remember, you MUST register to post on the Fiesta Fan forums. It's completely free to join. Just click HERE to become a member for free!

REGISTER NOW TO REMOVE ALL ADS ON THIS FORUM!

Closed Thread

Old 12-14-2008, 06:37 PM   #1
EdwardWarlock
Zombie

Tournaments Won: 3

In-Game Name: Edward_Warlock
Current Level: Enchanted Warlock 8x, my other players are just production whores.
Server: Apoline
EdwardWarlock is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to EdwardWarlock
Guild Management

If it's not too much trouble, I would like someone to sticky this. I haven't seen it anywhere yet (or maybe I didn't look hard enough), but I would like to know the entire guild management process, so such as:

How to get a guild started (initial funding, level, etc.)

How to maintain a guild (guild storage, etc.)

What the different guild titles mean (and what they can do). For example, is a Guard better than a Council member?

The difference between guilds pros/cons (Warring/Non-Warring)

Guild management (adding Members, warring another guild)

Academy Interface (delegating an academy admin, deleting stupid noobs, academy rewards)

These items would greatly help me and other veteran Fiesta players that frequent the site and wish to start their own guilds, but don't actually understand the whole process. I've checked around a bit but I always get half-assed answers. Your comments are appreciated.

* I am only heard by those who will listen. *

Edward_Warlock on MySpace

Last edited by EdwardWarlock; 12-14-2008 at 06:39 PM..
Old 12-15-2008, 01:29 AM   #2
Blaaaaaaaah
WONDERCLERIC

Tournaments Won: 15

In-Game Name: Bla~ahs
Current Level: 7x
Server: Teva
Blaaaaaaaah has disabled reputation
Nice idea. Perhaps you could convert this into a guide, or convert it into a page in the Wiki (my bet is that more people will read it if it's on the Wiki since it's frequently visited).

I would move this thread to another section but I'm assuming you're also after the information so I'll leave it here. Though I don't think it requires a sticky. Putting it in the guide section is recommended (and it will be linked in the list of guides sticky). Feel free to ask me or any other mods to move this to the Guides section if you wish.

Here's my little inputs:

There's actually several tips here on money making already. Creating a guild costs 300 silvers and personally, I wouldn't go and create a guild unless I have 400s+ to accommodate the costs of skills/armours (they are pretty costly later on). If you have some trustworthy friends, it's never a bad idea to start a guild with them and split the costs. That's what I did with three other friends =P.

How to maintain a guild (guild storage, etc.)
I'm not in charge of guild storage for our guild, but don't rush to start up an academy and put lots of rewards in the guild storage. They can get used up quickly so make sure you have enough mats/items to last you for a while, or else it'll be pretty troublesome to maintain it properly (unless you're really rich by this stage, I guess. I've always been a poor player).

What the different guild titles mean (and what they can do). For example, is a Guard better than a Council member?
No differences at all, besides the name. The only different ranks there are is master, admin and the members. Guards/councils have the same privileges as a member, which... isn't much at all. Admins can invite/ban users and masters can do the same as well as promoting the ranks of the members. You can also assign a different academy master as well. Academy masters can be teleported to any academy member, I think.

The difference between guilds pros/cons (Warring/Non-Warring)
Warring - it is fun to war once in a while, depending on the other people. Really subjective to each person's own opinion. I don't really care of winning or losing much, but more of what the other guild is like. If they're spawn killers/kill mercilessly and make rude comments then it's not fun of course. One annoying thing is you don't need permission from the other guild to start a war with them, so sometimes you can get chain warred which really disrupts your playing time even when you don't want to be in one.

Non-warring - very peaceful, I guess. If you're not into PvP and warring then this is the guild for you. If you are, you will find it too boring.

Guild management (adding Members, warring another guild)
Not much to say here - it depends on what you want your guild to be. Some likes to PvP so they recruit people that also like to or put a minimum level limit, some don't really care and just recruit friends, some likes to be real assholes and recruit all the high levels and bully newbies.

Academy Interface (delegating an academy admin, deleting stupid noobs, academy rewards)
I'm not master of the guild but I think these are pretty basic once you are master and you have the power (I don't know what the interface looks like). I guess it's just right clicking names and selecting an option.
Old 12-15-2008, 12:13 PM   #3
EdwardWarlock
Zombie

In-Game Name: Edward_Warlock
Current Level: Enchanted Warlock 8x, my other players are just production whores.
Server: Apoline
EdwardWarlock is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to EdwardWarlock
Good stuff to know. I thought about making a wiki section based on your input, but I'll ask around more about the academy crap to make sure it's correct. Thank you for the information.

* I am only heard by those who will listen. *

Edward_Warlock on MySpace

Old 12-15-2008, 12:30 PM   #4
Enraya
WONDERARCHER

Server: Teva
Enraya is a splendid one to beholdEnraya is a splendid one to beholdEnraya is a splendid one to beholdEnraya is a splendid one to beholdEnraya is a splendid one to beholdEnraya is a splendid one to beholdEnraya is a splendid one to behold

I wouldn't even start it until you have 700s+ It's really hard to tell if you're going to need the money or anything. There's been a LOT of instances where people accidentally buy something or see a total bargain for juuuusttt the amount of money you have.
I've never found skills very costly, but good armour gets pretty silver-heavy.

Originally Posted by Blaaaaaaaah View Post
No differences at all, besides the name. The only different ranks there are is master, admin and the members. Guards/councils have the same privileges as a member, which... isn't much at all. Admins can invite/ban users and masters can do the same as well as promoting the ranks of the members. You can also assign a different academy master as well. Academy masters can be teleported to any academy member, I think.
Wow I didn't know that LOL.

Warring Guilds
I actually like warring guilds, but maybe that's just because I get really pumped up and excited during PvP xD Fighting other players has never really been a serious thing for me, and I take guild wars as just a fun thing. If you like to have laid-back fist fights, then it would be nice to make a warring guild xD
It's also pretty cool to create events with other guilds through guild wars. If your guild knows another guild well enough, it's easy to arrange a time and have a friendly match. Exhibition guilds don't have this option. There has also been GM events where you can declare war on the GMs' guild and try to kill them (back in the Dakkon and Steam days, don't think it happens very often anymore).
It's also much easier to take revenge with a warring guild. If someone's bullying you, you can easily declare war and try to take revenge. The downside is that the other guild can do the same thing to you LOL.

I think as for warring another guild, it's common sense LOL. Keep in mind that chain-warring between different guilds are common in Fiesta ... if you try to take revenge on a bully, the bully will get his/her friends' guild to take revenge on YOU. It's easy to create a lot of conflicts through this D:

{ enraya ! }
Old 12-15-2008, 08:53 PM   #5
FatalLace
Kebing

In-Game Name: FatalLace/WinterLace/Faytal
Current Level: Enchanter [89] / Warrior [70] / Scout [80]
Server: Bijoffline
FatalLace is on a distinguished road
couple of things to add:

Council-status members can ChatBan Academy members, we don't have any Guards in our guild, so i'm not sure about them

Be VERY VERY VERY careful who u assign as an Admin. I know Admins have had the power to even ban the Guild Master before, i'm not sure if this has changed. Related to this, be careful what you store in Guild Storage. If an Admin were to ban you, you'd have to go through hoops to have OutSpark reinstate you as the GM. meanwhile, your stuff is just sitting there in limbo.

Guild Storage really should only be used as reward storage for your Academy Members. and if you plan to compete for the top spot on your server, be prepared to spend about 5-6g per week just in Silver incentives. This also means you're going to need to keep stores of Buff Scrolls, Town Scrolls, or whatever u plan on using as an automatic reward to your academy members.

we've done VERY well as an Academy, holding on to the #1 spot every week so far except the first two weeks as we figured out how to maximize the system. we currently push or exceed 200,000 points every week and our guild buff timer is 1,335 hours and a few minutes (we also do not powerlevel in case you're wondering). but again, if you intend to compete, plan to have huge financial backing and dedicated admins.

as the Academy/Guild Master, you're going to really need to stay on top of things. assuring that there's no slackers in Academy, checking that there are enough Rewards in the Guild Storage and enough Cash in there as well. When academy members start hitting their goals only to find out that their incentive is gone because someone wasn't paying attention, it's pretty demoralizing.

FatalLace - 89 Enchanter
Faytal - 80 Scout
WinterLace - 70 Warrior
FatylLace - 60 Paladin

Calling Bijou "Home" since 11/07

Last edited by FatalLace; 12-15-2008 at 08:56 PM..
Old 12-15-2008, 08:58 PM   #6
Hessah
Hardcore Procrastinator

Burger Time Champion! Cannon Ball Follies 2 Champion!
Tournaments Won: 51

In-Game Name: Hessah / Ble~ehs
Current Level: 91 / 85 / 79 / 65 / 28
Server: Teeeeeee-vah
Hessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond repute
I could probably help write something for Wiki after xmas...

<--- will have plenty of spare time at work...

G____G

G____GTevaG____G
Heart___G_Hessah_G___Heart
79 - Paladin | 85 - Enchanter | 91 - Scoutxx
Ninja text! For those who's easily amused
I can show you the woooorld!
I don't want to see it!
okay...

Old 12-16-2008, 02:45 PM   #7
Vasu
Malingerer

In-Game Name: None
Current Level: None
Server: None
Vasu is just really niceVasu is just really niceVasu is just really niceVasu is just really niceVasu is just really nice
Wow...can admins chat-ban members too? If so, how?

Credits to Loveless for the great signature!
We rode on the winds of the rising storm
We ran to the sounds of thunder
We danced among the lightning bolts
And tore the world asunder

Old 12-16-2008, 04:35 PM   #8
FatalLace
Kebing

Originally Posted by Vasu View Post
Wow...can admins chat-ban members too? If so, how?
admins can chat ban academy members, not regular members. on the academy screen, simply right-click the person's name and select Chat Ban from the menu that appears.

FatalLace - 89 Enchanter
Faytal - 80 Scout
WinterLace - 70 Warrior
FatylLace - 60 Paladin

Old 12-16-2008, 05:40 PM   #9
Loveless
Super Moderator

In-Game Name: Espei
Loveless has disabled reputation
Once they're chat banned it doesn't go away either. I had one annoying particular who kept on coming back despite the way he had acted. But once chat banned, no matter what he did he couldn't talk. So he made multiple accounts... >_>
Old 12-16-2008, 06:32 PM   #10
FatalLace
Kebing

Originally Posted by Loveless View Post
Once they're chat banned it doesn't go away either. I had one annoying particular who kept on coming back despite the way he had acted. But once chat banned, no matter what he did he couldn't talk. So he made multiple accounts... >_>
i dunno if it's bugged, or if it's a work-around, but if the chat banned player immediately logs out and logs back in, the chat-ban is nullified as well.

FatalLace - 89 Enchanter
Faytal - 80 Scout
WinterLace - 70 Warrior
FatylLace - 60 Paladin

Closed Thread