Remember, you MUST register to post on the Fiesta Fan forums. It's completely free to join. Just click HERE to become a member for free!

REGISTER NOW TO REMOVE ALL ADS ON THIS FORUM!

Old 04-13-2011, 12:00 PM   #1
Scottlee38
Angry Wolf

Scottlee38 is on a distinguished road
Survival guide for the non-SC Mage 65+ (Be prepared to read)

Experimental build. Warning: *risky and cause the user to actually think*

First its important to know that people that use SC to win most likely have no strategy. Second you must face the fact that everyone that plays as a mage spams the full int / 25 spr rest int builds like kiddies, even the SC mages. Your objective is to survive, and deal (some) damage. This is a guide from my mage experience, if you disagree cry somewhere else. The build is: 25 End 60 Spr then dex. The end is for hp more than anything, but comes in handy when soloing or in KQ. The Spr is for M.def against mages and helps protect you with the end you stored up, and makes you crit frequently. The dex is for aim and some evasion, which will help your crit hit more. Evasion is another plus to survival. Int is not always needed, you can make up for it with the sunset blues.

(Against Fighters)
Next step is knowing your spell combinations. when first attacking you should use tab to target or click. then use ice bolt>magic blast>fire bolt (run) Magic blast (while running) then lightning blast>Magic blast> Lightning bolt. If the target isnt even scratched on hp after this, you must escape. to make the combo even more effective, you can cast a nova and inferno on the target before hand if you jump them.

Escaping: you need the spells (chain cast, fear, purge and mana burn). fear must have full duration. use mana burn if the fighter is going to use devastate on you, while he chases you. Make sure to purge his speed scroll if it has one and use fear+ ice bolt or nova in small corridors to slow it down.

Surviving mages/ archers/ clerics coming later.

Last edited by Scottlee38; 04-19-2011 at 03:01 PM.. Reason: Better info
Scottlee38 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2011, 02:56 PM   #2
Scottlee38
Angry Wolf

Quick note to the guide
This guide is created for future wizards not the warlock. this is simply because wizards have more of a strategy fighting style and warlock have a high damage but weak style. EX: Main Wizard skills are blink (teleport) and skeletons. Warlocks have sleep (which can be spammed for hours, meaning you have to jump them in pvp and kill them before they can think), and the wimpy long cooldown bird skill. So for future wizards, use the staff it provides aim which is important.
Old 04-18-2011, 11:56 AM   #3
Scottlee38
Angry Wolf

Combination for mages lvl 81+
Magic blast now has a lower cooltime. If you have a sunset, you may want to rely on that attack more than others that cause you to stop and can be useless unless nuking: fireball, FrostBlast, Both lightning moves, firebolt, magic missile and already magic burst. The only moves with help are nova, inferno, icebolt (with low ability to be resisted and low cool+ cast time compared to frostblast), purge, chain cast, and mana burn.

Note: To even have a chance to kill other SC players you need to be lvl 81 with stifle and the new magic blast.

For your new combination in battle your main should be: (while out of range) chain> (now in range) stifle>mana burn>Magic Blast(until near end of stifle)>fear>Magic Blast(until fear is over)>stifle>Magic Blast to death.

Last edited by Scottlee38; 04-18-2011 at 04:13 PM.. Reason: Bad spelling error+ more info
Old 04-18-2011, 03:56 PM   #4
Scottlee38
Angry Wolf

If for any reason the combo above fails to kill the opponent, due to SC, attempt to kite the enemy before using the combo, in order to deal the most damage. This tactic may be required for most clerics. At level 81 you are now able to take down other classes like archer mage and cleric using the above combo. For mages the idea is to get the combo set off on the other person first. chain stifle while out of any kinda of cast range, and then press stifle once and let go of movement keys. Letting go of the keys assures that the game will cast stifle as fast as possible.

Clashing as mage vs mage:
If both players cast stifle at exactly the same time, stand completely still and cast dispel. Dont worry if the other mage is dumb and doesnt notice before you. After your dispel you must (Re-stifle him if he also dispels, and continue on with your combo even if it doesnt kill him!!! He will be closer to death than you and in distress.) After your fear thats listed in the above combo, if the mage still isnt dead RUN even if he's almost dead because he will use fear and he may have SC. Meaning he will kill you. The odds are not the sad vs clerics, and archers since they cannot fear or keep you from running so you maybe able to throw in a nova if its a cleric.

Last edited by Scottlee38; 04-18-2011 at 04:11 PM.. Reason: needed more information
Old 04-18-2011, 04:48 PM   #5
MikeyG
Touch all the butts

Tournaments Won: 10

In-Game Name: lnfamous
Current Level: 6x
Server: Teva
MikeyG has disabled reputation
Send a message via Skype™ to MikeyG
Good effort .... but I highly recommended you learn the game some more (and your class) before trying to make a guide.
MikeyG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2011, 11:36 AM   #6
Scottlee38
Angry Wolf

well let me see, im playing it as we speak. I have no SC. so far everything has worked according to plan. Play as a mage with no SC, or +9 then rate bud. If it wasnt for the Sparkcrap that the game now includes, the normal builds might matter.
Old 04-19-2011, 02:04 PM   #7
Yosei
Corgi Addict

In-Game Name: Cubyrop(WoW)
Current Level: 85
Server: Maelstrom
Yosei has much to be proud ofYosei has much to be proud ofYosei has much to be proud ofYosei has much to be proud ofYosei has much to be proud ofYosei has much to be proud ofYosei has much to be proud ofYosei has much to be proud ofYosei has much to be proud of
Send a message via AIM to Yosei Send a message via Yahoo to Yosei
You might also want to specify that this is for pvp in the title or intro because really, pve and pvp mages have different concerns (despite this games lack of uniqueness in play styles).

But I think like the other thread, people will continue to argue that you might as well stick with INT and just go the 'burn baby burn' route. I'm not going to tell you your preferences are WRONG. But in all honesty... Fiesta has hardly changed in the last 4 years and a lot of these players on this forum have been playing since CB. So just warning you, expect some debates coming from the senior players. Since this is in drafts atm, I hope you don't mind feedback. Just take it with a grain of salt.

Just saying.
Yosei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2011, 02:45 PM   #8
Scottlee38
Angry Wolf

yea your right. Senior players will eat this, but all i can say is a few buds of mine experimented a bit with the mage and we found a mage vs mage style build we just need to find a way for this build to fight other classes like int.
Old 04-19-2011, 03:27 PM   #9
Scottlee38
Angry Wolf

After hitting 100+ combo for mage vs mage
If nothing has changed for the wizard, use the above combo with a few additional moves: ice field summon and blink. (while out of range) chain> (now in range) stifle>mana burn>Magic Blast(until near end of stifle)>fear>Magic Blast(once, because of ice fields cast time)>Ice field>nova> summon>stifle>Magic Blast to death. Keep in mind ice field may need duration to keep the chain. With the new move blink, you can now escape much easier especially if you lower the cooldown.

If during the beginning your chain cast is purged or stolen continue the combo, only after the Ice field use nova to slow the opponent, then use blink to escape until you can get a cooldown back. Remember: its not wimpy to run, its either retreat or die. Also if you are stifled but the opponent is not, you need to escape.

With the combo out the challnenge is attempting to purge the other players chain cast when you see the buff since purge has a longer range than stifle. That would require purging then turning around on a dime to keep from being hit with the oncoming purge. Then chain casting and stifling the opponent and continuing the combo. Your second option: use spell steal to attempt to take away the chain cast and save your own, which lets you combo twice.

-Next: Forcing your opponents to learn and follow your combo.
Old 04-19-2011, 04:56 PM   #10
MikeyG
Touch all the butts

Tournaments Won: 10

In-Game Name: lnfamous
Current Level: 6x
Server: Teva
MikeyG has disabled reputation
Send a message via Skype™ to MikeyG
LOL If you need to use so many skills before your dropping fights, GG. I played mages and fighters on officials for over 2 years, not to mention numerous private servers ... being one of the most feared players on them; I think I know what I'm talking about.

If your without +9's you shouldn't bother pvp'ing anyone other than someone with just as bad gear as you. It's no wonder you can't beat anyone with SC, as your not going to do that without +9's, it just won't work.

INT and SPR !! How much can I stress these are the only useful FREE STATs you should be putting points into as a mage.

NOMNOMNOM senior player eating away.

PS - If you have to go through such a large skill rotation to kill a fighter as a mage, you are seriously doing something wrong.
MikeyG is offline   Reply With Quote