Remember, you MUST register to post on the Fiesta Fan forums. It's completely free to join. Just click HERE to become a member for free!

REGISTER NOW TO REMOVE ALL ADS ON THIS FORUM!

Closed Thread

Old 06-21-2008, 10:10 PM   #11
viasta
RAGING OVERHEATTT!!!!!!!!

Tournaments Won: 4

In-Game Name: viaAoE
Current Level: Level of viasta
Server: Epith
viasta is a splendid one to beholdviasta is a splendid one to beholdviasta is a splendid one to beholdviasta is a splendid one to beholdviasta is a splendid one to beholdviasta is a splendid one to beholdviasta is a splendid one to behold
Send a message via MSN to viasta

Not happening to me, I use Windows Vista, no lag or white areas, etc.
What's your Graphic card? I think that's your problem. Update your graphic card online if you need to if you are using NVidea(sp)

Thanks Loveless!
Old 06-22-2008, 01:45 AM   #12
Eru
Marlone Captain

In-Game Name: dunno
Eru has a spectacular aura aboutEru has a spectacular aura about
Originally Posted by viasta View Post
Not happening to me, I use Windows Vista, no lag or white areas, etc.
What's your Graphic card? I think that's your problem. Update your graphic card online if you need to if you are using NVidea(sp)
I have an NVIDIA GeForce 8400M GS (in my HP Pavilion dv6000 laptop)

I have the latest drivers, at least according to "Update driver" from Device Manager.

Old 06-22-2008, 04:40 AM   #13
Dynamics
Karasian Solider

Tournaments Won: 5

In-Game Name: Dynamics
Current Level: OVER NINE THOUSANDDDDDDDDDDDDD!
Server: under your bed
Dynamics is a name known to allDynamics is a name known to allDynamics is a name known to allDynamics is a name known to allDynamics is a name known to allDynamics is a name known to all
Originally Posted by Eruantien View Post
Very cool guys!!!
I will try the dual core thing first as that is the easiest...

If that does not change anything then I will also rollback SP1.

I'll also post my findings in case there are any other poor saps out there running vista that are getting screwed:hulksmash:

Edit:
Hey, while I was in mucking around with the affinity setting, I also noticed a "priority" setting. Has anyone had experience setting this to either "High" or "Realtime" for fiesta.bin?

Haha I have tried it, I do not recommend it unless you want your background applications to respond at 10% their usual rate.

It won't improve performance for Fiesta, as Fiesta naturally has a high processor output. However, I don't think Fiesta was programmed to use system resources efficiently. Despite taking 4 fifths of your systems processing units, Fiesta brings a fair chunk of those resources to little avail. Anyway that's a tangent from this thread.

Back on topic, have you fixed your problem? If you have, please do post your solution for future reference to those who experience a similar problem :D
Old 06-22-2008, 06:40 AM   #14
MaxOff
Zombie

MaxOff will become famous soon enoughMaxOff will become famous soon enough
Very cool guys!!!
Edit:
Hey, while I was in mucking around with the affinity setting, I also noticed a "priority" setting. Has anyone had experience setting this to either "High" or "Realtime" for fiesta.bin?
Never and i mean never change the priority to realtime. It can crash your system.

And download the last drivers for your graphic card already.... No windows cant do taht for u. U will have to go the vendors site and download/install the latests driver.
Old 06-22-2008, 04:14 PM   #15
viasta
RAGING OVERHEATTT!!!!!!!!

Tournaments Won: 4

In-Game Name: viaAoE
Current Level: Level of viasta
Server: Epith
viasta is a splendid one to beholdviasta is a splendid one to beholdviasta is a splendid one to beholdviasta is a splendid one to beholdviasta is a splendid one to beholdviasta is a splendid one to beholdviasta is a splendid one to behold
Send a message via MSN to viasta
I have an NVIDIA GeForce 8400M GS (in my HP Pavilion dv6000 laptop)

I have the latest drivers, at least according to "Update driver" from Device Manager.
O__o..I am using the same version of yours and still nothing happens to me

Thanks Loveless!
Old 06-23-2008, 01:29 PM   #16
Eru
Marlone Captain

Still no improvements

Affinity and Priority
I wasn't able to change either the affinity or the priority. I started the Fiesta client, then switched to the Task Manager and tried to switch both. Neither worked giving me some error not allowing me. I don't have the exact error, but I got the impression that perhaps it was complaining because I was running the program at them time. Is there a way to set these setting for Applications/Processes *before* they are running ? This would seem counter intuitive to me :/

Video Card Drivers
Remembering that *all* of my problems started after Vista SP1 installed, I didn't think this was an issue. I went to the vendor website (NVIDIA) and saw they had updated drivers for my card as of May '08. I tried to install them, and it errored, telling me that I had to download my NVIDIA drivers from HP (the make of my laptop). I went to HP's update site and say the most recent drivers there were from sometime in 2007! So HP thinks I *do* have the latest drivers, but I kinda doubt this now ... but again, this was *only* a problem after the SP1 update, so whatever drivers I did have were working fine before that!

SP1
I have not actually rolled this back yet. I will likely try this tonight or tomorrow...will post again once I have more info

Old 06-23-2008, 02:29 PM   #17
Dynamics
Karasian Solider

Dynamics is a name known to allDynamics is a name known to allDynamics is a name known to allDynamics is a name known to allDynamics is a name known to allDynamics is a name known to all
Fishing around it would seem xTrap is our culprit. All xTrap games have reported similar symptoms including: incompatibility with SP1, frequent lag or game crashes.

Temporary solution: Roll back your SP1.
Long term solution: Wait for an xTrap update.
Old 06-23-2008, 02:34 PM   #18
Eru
Marlone Captain

I will roll back tonight...

is xCrap part of Outspark/Fiesta or is it third party? Basically who needs to know (or is aware of) this issue and how (and when if u can find out) will it be fixed? Would it be part of the normal Fiesta update process when/if it does happen?

Thanks for the research Dynamics...also, do you wanna post the url's u found regarding this info?

Old 06-23-2008, 02:48 PM   #19
Dynamics
Karasian Solider

Xtrap and games in Vista SP1 in general

Xtrap and Fiesta with Vista SP1

Xtrap, Vista SP1 and frustrated gamer.

Xtrap, Vista SP1 and frustrated gamer #2

Totally on a tangent, why are you using Vista against your own will? You seem computer savvy, I would've expected you to choose performance over aesthetics.
Old 06-23-2008, 03:08 PM   #20
Eru
Marlone Captain

Originally Posted by Dynamics View Post
Xtrap and games in Vista SP1 in general

Xtrap and Fiesta with Vista SP1

Xtrap, Vista SP1 and frustrated gamer.

Xtrap, Vista SP1 and frustrated gamer #2

Totally on a tangent, why are you using Vista against your own will? You seem computer savvy, I would've expected you to choose performance over aesthetics.
lol....thanks...(i think)

/way Way WAY off topic...but:

Well, it all boiled down to my decision to go laptop-only and timing.
The decision to go only laptop i made for personal and professional reasons. Because of that I decided on going with HP because I liked their form factor the best. At the time, Vista was out and being highly promoted by vendors, and HP said that while u *could* specially request WinXP, they did not support my model of laptop's hardware configuration with it.

So I went Vista because I had really only been using my PC for work/programming/email/office type of stuff and I figured they couldn't screw that up *too* badly...months later i decided to try looking for a free MMORPG and stumbled across Fiesta...all was fine until the dreaded SP1 x(

/slightly back on topic
somewhat in Microsoft's/VistaSP1's defense...being in the software dev industry, I know that *all* these dev shops that create Windows products (C#, VB, DirectX, etc...) had developer versions of SP1 MONTHS before it was released to the public.

Why did they not do better trials & tests? Why do they not have a willing beta user-base? Why am I having to deal with this at all? Certainly somethings slip through the cracks, but this seems too big and too wide spread to possibly have gone undetected through even a half-assed attempt at acceptance testing. /rant

Closed Thread