Remember, you MUST register to post on the Fiesta Fan forums. It's completely free to join. Just click HERE to become a member for free!

REGISTER NOW TO REMOVE ALL ADS ON THIS FORUM!

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 06-20-2008, 02:30 PM   #1
Eru
Marlone Captain

In-Game Name: dunno
Eru has a spectacular aura aboutEru has a spectacular aura about
Slow Fiesta client / lag

Ok, I’m running Windows Vista (not by choice) and recently got the SP1 update.

Ever since then I have *huge* load times when starting the Fiesta client, when going through portals, and when scrolling back to towns. Sometimes (about 40%) the screen will actually go white for about 40-60 seconds, then the music will return, then the screen with my character, then slowly the people and or shrooms around me.

I have also been getting *very* choppy lag, but this is infrequent and was only most noticeable in GC. This may be unrelated?

I have this problem on both Epith and on Teva. I have tried downloading and reinstalling the client and the updates and it did not change anything. Normal Internet usage (video streaming etc…) is still normal. I normally run wireless Internet, but also tried my higher-speed Ethernet hard-line with no difference.

I’ve got plenty of memory(4GB)/video/blahblahblah…tech specs shouldn’t be an issue cause this has never been an issue for the past 2 months. So I’m guessing its one of two things.

1. Something is jacked up on the outspark/server end

2. Something is playing nice between Vista SP1, my video card, and the Fiesta client

So…
Has anyone else been experiencing this problem recently (past few days) ? If so, has anyone found a solution to it?